Trump: EO to Legislation

He looks like he has an amphibian epithelium that lags behind his eyelids when he blinks.

3 Likes

This quote probably wasn’t the best to use as he made his debut on the world stage…unless all you care about is your base, of course.

“The end result of this, though, is that our opponents, the media and the whole world will soon see as we begin to take further actions, that the powers of the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be questioned.”

1 Like

OH!

Yep… NOW we’re getting into “X-Files/Alien Invasion” territory…

2 Likes

I think most people would place even money on whether he has people chained up in his basement.

Gotta love a loyal soldier fully willing to take a bullet to the kneecap.

1 Like

Well hes about as smooth as sand paper made of dildos so dont count on anything without his signature drama fest… He wont deal with congress, senate, judges or anyone besides Putin in a friendly manner

As far as Obama care and tax code go Im cool with it… As a rich white guy I enjoy tax breaks so please hurry the fuck up… However I have had Obama care since it came out… It has lots of problems but its vastly better than what we had when insurance companies ran amock… But yes I agree with Ryan repeal it and replace it with something better… Something better is the key… Hes doing a piss poor job making us feel like he actually has a plan

As far as international stage he comes off as a fool and when a big event happens I hope he does research besides watching Fox & Friends for 5min… That Sweden shit was fucking lame… #neveragainplease

Yep. Scary as hell to me. I WISH the GOP had the reins for 8 years with someone else at the helm. I could handle that.

I said this way back at the beginning of the primaries–the longer Trump stays in the more he damages that GoP brand. I may have been wrong about a lot of the election but I am standing by that one.

1 Like

LMFAO

wow, that may be a classic right there.

All the talk before the election (when it was assumed Trump would lose) was about what shambles the GOP was in. Now it’s all about how bad of shape the democratic party is in. The dems were in bad shape before, no doubt, but the GOP is just as bad or worse now too. It’s been hijacked.

George Will said he suspects the GOP will come back around to more traditional conservative thinking once the Trump administration starts really trying to push some of its agenda - tax cuts, infrastructure spending, etc. It will be really interesting to see how that plays out.

1 Like

I think most high level republicans acknowledge this but, quite frankly, they’re shit out of luck on options.

I genuinely want Trump to succeed at this, but I’m too much of a realist to let the garbage slide. The best part of all of this is seeing Republicans complete the transformation into the thing they hated for 8 years, and genuinely believe they’re different “because they’re right.”

2 Likes

Yup! Bout right in my opinion

1 Like

I wonder exactly what you mean when you say this.

You quoted Aragorn but the reply went to me. Not totally sure who the question is directed at

I wonder exactly what you mean when you say this.
[/quote]

Yeah I’m also curious as to why he thinks this?

It most certainly is, HH.

It was funny to see on the news today these little old ladies light into (so much for the paid, professional agitators…they all looked like my tough 'ole grandma!) this Louisiana Congressman as he tried to use “Politician-Speak” when it was obvious that no one has a clear and workable plan for replacement of the ACA.

With that said; I think that if ANYBODY can come up with a workable plan it will be Paul Ryan, and not the Trump Team.

2 Likes

It’s damn near hilarious to see Republicans claim Trump as a Republican…or even a Conservative.

Trump is a Trumpublican…and if he had to ride the Republicans like a drunk bar pickup in the back seat of a pick-up trunk to WIN…he was going to do it…and he did.

It’s a classic Faustian Deal if there ever was one.

George Will is being way to optimistic. Neither party is going “back” to anything.

2 Likes

Trump is an independent that took the only available avenue to the Whitehouse - through one of the main parties.

But the Republican party is now in his image and will be for the next 8 years.

The GOP brand of cheap labor + foreign war is dead.

[quote=“therajraj, post:37, topic:226563”]
“…But the Republican party is now in his image and will be for the next 8 years…”
[/quote]…

WOW, raj…(wait for it…!)

We agree!

1 Like

If absolutely nothing else, I’ll drink to this!

Yes… I agree…whats amazing to me is they’ve been ranting and raving about the repeal and had years to come up with alternative yet they got bupkiss…wtf…
I like single payer but Im a realist…The insurance companies employee to many so we have entire infastructures around them. Eliminating them would be a disaster. However you can’t let big insurance run amoke thet will butt fuck everyone. Im wondering why they just cant have private insurance with a public option. Also everyone being insured makes sense. You cant drive without insurance because its a financial nightmare…and people shouldn’t die cuz they are poor…so theres that :confused:

1 Like