Trump Cabinet Predictions / Suggestions

Jeff Sessions for AG has been confirmed.

I like the pick. The constitution is in good hands.

1 Like

I love the pick, but was under the impression that Sessions wanted the SOS job. That leads me to believe that Mitt Romney has an outside shot at it. Which of course I would love. Many recall Romney sounding the alarm that Russia was still a problem back in 2012. Obama’s reply was something like “hey Mitt the 80’s called and they want their foreign policy back.” Obama, was wrong on that one. And also wrong when he called ISIS the JV team and refused to listen to General Flynn, instead he fired him. Just two of Obama’s hundreds and hundreds of mistakes that the media will never call him out on.

I know right; reminded me of 1983

May 1983
militants had bombed the U.S. embassy in Beirut, too, killing sixty-three more people, including seventeen Americans. Among the dead were seven C.I.A. officers, including the agency’s top analyst in the Middle East, an immensely valuable intelligence asset, and the Beirut station chief.

October 23, 1983
suicide bomber drove a truck laden with the equivalent of twenty-one thousand pounds of TNT into the heart of a U.S. Marine compound, killing two hundred and forty-one servicemen. 
had left a vehicle gate wide open, and ordered the sentries to keep their weapons unloaded.

In March of 1984, three months after Congress issued its report, militants struck American officials in Beirut again, this time kidnapping the C.I.A.’s station chief, Bill Buckley. Buckley was tortured and, eventually, murdered.

September of 1984, jihadists bombed a U.S. government outpost in Beirut yet again.

President Reagan acknowledged that the new security precautions that had been advocated by Congress hadn’t yet been implemented at the U.S. embassy annex that had been hit. The problem, the President admitted, was that the repairs hadn’t quite been completed on time. As he put it, “Anyone who’s ever had their kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would.”

Your examples fail in comparison to the facts leading up to the debacle in Benghazi. The Ambassador actually notified Hillary Clinton on several different occasions pleading for more security. But the inept Clinton turned a deaf ear to the entire matter. After all the administration wanted to PRETEND that they were if not winning at least quelling the terrorists. Sending more help wouldn’t look good, especially since President Obama was in a political fight for his life in the 2012 election. And we know at this point that politics is far more important than human lives to Hillary Clinton

Then
THEN when the attacks came she lied and blamed a video for the attacks knowing that it was a planned terror attack. This was proven out later when she actually told her daughter the truth. But even after this she lied to the widow’s of the men killed in Benghazi clinging the lie once again that it had been over a video.

Fast forward to her now famous statement before Congress and certainly one (of many lies) that kept her from winning the Presidency:

“What difference does it make now anyway”

She is not only incompetent but she is a detestable human being who broke many laws with both her email fiasco and the Clinton Foundation. It is my wish that President Trump either appoint a special prosecutor or let loose Attorney General Jeff Sessions on her old battered carcass. And I am not being vindictive I don’t necessarily want to see her face jail time. I just want justice to be served and the country to see what a horrible human being that she and her rapist husband are. The so called leading democrats pfft

What’s so infuriating, Zeb, is that you (and I would imagine many other Conservatives) actually believe that.

1 Like

And before you get on one of your partisan tirades
I did not think that either Clinton nor Trump were good for the Country
but I now support the President-Elect and look forward to what he has in store for the Country.

On topic, I think Sessions will be confirmed.

Surely Pence would know to prescreen candidates with Congressional leaders, as having your top apppointed office pick denied, would be a political setback.

Might be some wrangling about Flynn also.

I suspect we will have other positions forwarded by end of weekend. These appointments need confirmation, as they need to be in planning stage asap to have action from day 1 of actual cycle.

1 Like

Well, my friend I do believe these to be the facts. But, if I am wrong on anything that I said please correct me so that I will not repeat my mistake.

1. The Ambassador asked for more security and didn’t get it

2. The attack was carried out by terrorists

3. Hillary lied and said it was a video that sparked the attack

4. Hillary then told her daughter Chelsea the truth that it had nothing to do with a video.

5. Hillary then told widow’s of the dead solders in Benghazi that it was a video

6. Before Congress regarding the four dead men Hillary said something on the order of “What difference does it matter now anyway?”

7. Bill Clinton was Charged with rape by Paula Jones. He paid her $850,000 to drop the charges. And then there was the rape of Juanita Broderick.

Great, so do I. Certainly he can do no worse than Obama has over the past 8 years. But we can be sure of one thing every mistake made will be on the front page however small it will be reported in detail by a dishonest media as proven out by wikileaks.

I can only reiterate, why would Sessions who was with Trump from the beginning be taking the AG’s job and not SOS? SOS is the highest appointed position in our government being fourth in line to the Presidency should something happen to the President, VP, Speaker of the House and President Pro tem of Senate. Then Secretary of State.

Does anyone think that Jeff Sessions prefers the AG job to SOS? Hmm
Could President Elect Trump have realized that bringing in someone who was an anti-Trumper be the best thing for not only his image but for the country as well?

Sessions was AL AG for several years I believe.
Could have to do with traveling also.

True but at this stage of his career one would think that he’d be grabbing for all the gusto he could get. But as you say it just might be a matter of personal preference.

No it isn’t, not as long as Sessions’ boss is Trump.

1 Like

The examples provided are certainly valid. I could go back further, but if I just started with the ‘Gulf Of Tonkin’ I could provide almost endless examples of incidents where Administrations spun, denied, and suppressed facts from the people. They would not be clustered under any one administration or weighted by party. It is what is done; always has been. You can argue it shouldn’t be; however your hounding the last Administration in the manner you do reveals the bias of your position.

Interesting read on likely Senate support and non support for Trump positions.

My observation - Shumer is rated as lowest score (tied with several others like Warren, Leahy, and Sanders) as least likely to work with Trump.

It’s one thing to have a couple of relatives you don’t particularly care for, at family functions once a year. But when husband and wife hate each other with a raging passion, sigh,

Mad Dog Mattis as SecDef
 Okay, Trump. Okay

Fair enough then give me a nice long list of Secretaries of State who first denied a pleading Ambassador military aid when he requested such several times. And then who publicly lied about the reason of an attack. Then within a short period of time phoned a family member and told them the truth. Then days later lied again directly to the widow’s of those killed about the reason for the attack.

I am not denying that there have been blunders in the past but there hasn’t been anything quite like what Hillary did relating to Benghazi. It was unique and to my mind borderline evil.

Fortunately Trump only needs a simple majority to get his nominees passed. I think it used to be two thirds but the democrats wanted that changed when Obama was President. Funny

Should Trump choose Mattis it is only the second time in history that a President has picked a retired General for the position of Defense Secretary. And a great pick it is!

“You know guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway, so it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them,” Mattis said referring to men in Afghanistan who “slap around women” during a press conference in 2005, according to military historian Max Boot”

LOL
Fucking love it
and you would have to served here to really understand. I am sure the baby bottle users will go nuts over this
Right, little Chris Hayes?

3 Likes