Trump Cabinet Predictions / Suggestions

2 Likes

You don’t seem to grasp the concept. Forget for a second it was Hillary Clinton and think what’s next? Will US presidential candidates in the future publicly solicit help from foreign governments and intelligence agencies?

Imagine if JFK during the campaign uttered the phrase “if General Secretary Khrushchev and his underlings from the KGB and the GRU have some compromising information about the republican candidate Nixon please do make this information public”

It is interesting how Trump voters who usually see conspiracies everywhere (I guess it wasn’t rigged as Trump won) are remarkably cavalier about this fact.

3 Likes

Here’s one to put the thread back on track. Wow, this sure is “draining the swamp”

Dude you just do not get the point. The leaks were true the information was true. You want the truth to be hidden. This was just inside campaign information not national security info. There is no greater national good for that information to have been kept a secret
All that said Wiki Leaks stated it did not come from the Russians and you have no proof of it other than someone in Russian along with a lot of people who worked for the DNC had access to those emails. And Padesta was stupid enough to get phished. Phishing, for your information is not a sophisticated method of hacking. High school kids do it

This is a function of government. Is it a good idea to choose someone with no experience to be appointed as Treasury Secretary? I think “draining the swamp” can mean plenty of things. I took it to mean getting rid of the know nothing left wingbots that Obama chose to run the government.

There are plenty of good potential picks for each cabinet post. As long as all of them have a wealth of experience and are conservative minded I’m good with that.

As for Dimon specifically I don’t know much about him, other than he has been a major success in business. Also, he has spoken out against the failed Obama administration on occasion.

And what would you have him pick? you do need to actually understand the monetary system.Trumps postion is that he makes them agree that they can not go back to the industry they regulated. Not that they can never have worked in it. That would just be stupid

Dimon was arguably Obama’s first choice for Treasury and a lifelong donor to the Democrats.

He’s not a Wall Street banker, he’s the archetypal Wall Street banker under whose leadership JPMorgan paid a record $USD 35,2 billion in “fines and penalties related to various scandals, frauds, and mistakes that came to light because of the financial crisis, including a mammoth $13 billion fine paid in November 2013 to the federal government and several states related to the pre-crisis underwriting of mortgage-backed securities at both Bear Stearns and JPMorgan itself.”

1 Like

It is amazing, isn’t it?

2 Likes

[quote=“loppar, post:34, topic:223364”]
So you consider US of A on par with Iraq and Libya? Just curious. [/quote]

No, we are not on par in a number of ways. As a world leader in economic productivity, scientific development, and supposedly morality, you wouldn’t think that we would resort to such tactics, but history says otherwise.

[quote]
A grin and a pat on the back - “Don’t worry Vladimir, you actually did us a favor”[/quote]
By exposing a glaring hole in our ability to protect information.

To the extent that they did, yes. They didn’t do this to a standing president. They hacked the gmail account of a citizen, whom for all intents and purposes, considering his previous experience (and hers) should have known how to keep eyes only information eyes only.

They fired a shot over our bow. The national security apparatus in Bismarks articles do have their work cut out for them, no doubt. But ultimately, all they really did was smear egg on the faces of people who really don’t appreciate egg, and value their face more than they value ACTUAL national security.

Now this is Empire Strikes Back
Yet another Goldman opportunity to run the world financial system

2 Likes

Oh wow, Mnuchin is arguably even worse than Dimon.

I guess enthusiastic Trump Rust Belt voters are in for some nasty surprises in the near future.

1 Like

Can’t rig a landslide, only a close election.

This article is for you @loppar lol

The fact that the Russians apparently tried to interfere with U.S. politics doesn’t bother you?

2 Likes

How about this guy

Right? Agree. This is severely troubling.

The truth of the information is important, but it is not the only factor (i.e. necessary but not sufficient). Realistically, we all seriously suspected Hillary was corrupt as hell and likely doing those exact things–but she wasn’t going to jail. Now, we know she did them–but she’s still not going to jail and there will still be no other repercussions for her.

It is unthinkable to me that a foreign power would meddle in our elections let alone admit as much.

3 Likes

It bothers me. However, I don’t agree with the apparent tendency by many to make this about Trump. If reliable evidence arises that Trump is working with the Russians on this, that would be deeply troubling. Barring that, I stand by my position that if anything this episode provides another reason to not trust Clinton. That is not trusting her because in addition to lying she is also not competent to protect the nation’s secrets.

1 Like

SOS - Bolton
AG - Giuliani
Surgeon General - Carson

Think Christie’s stock is falling

3 Likes

Bannon chief of staff

I don’t like Bolton. He seems too eager to thrust the nation into any small conflict he can.

Can he get Alan West involved somehow? I miss that guy.

1 Like