Trump and Tulsa-WTF?

Yep.

That is a valid point. I’ll admit I don’t know much about what goes into a campaign schedule.

I think your point about covid is also valid, and I did hear that is why Florida is on the upcoming rallies (one of the Carolinas wouldn’t allow it, so they changed to Florida).

I have heard others mention the rallies in mostly red states as being telling of worry over those states. That is just opinion at this point, but something I thought of as plausible.

Still giving them a LOT of credit. You really think someone in the Trump team thought “You know there was a slaughter of Black people in Tulsa. Juneteenth is coming up. Perfect date and place.” Then they presented it that way to Trump (who I promise you had no idea about Tulsa or Juneteenth) and he thought that sounded like a damn dandy idea.

I can’t imagine who in the Trump team would be familiar with Tulsa and Juneteenth to begin with. Jared? Ivanka? Kelly Ann?

3 Likes

There are obviously people who think that the day and place for a Trump rally is just fine. Instead of disagreeing vehemently with that…I will instead ask this to his supporters:

“Why is holding the first “post Covid” Trump rally on July 19th in Tulsa Oklahoma such a great choice?”

They know now, and can take the action of moving the date as they should. Haven’t seen any action though.

It’s a day, presumably one that fit in his schedule. That would be the most obvious explanation.

2 Likes

@twojarslave:

You are way too smart to believe that simple explanation.

But if you truly believe it, then go for it.

North Carolina. It was supposed to be in Charlotte, but Trump insisted on capacity attendance which doesn’t allow for social distancing.

1 Like

My main-gal KAC 100% knew and knows about it (She’s smart AF remember who her husband is). When she first heard of this being mentioned she started rubbing her hands in anticipation of trying to figure out how to spin it. NEVER underestimate KAC.

You chose the right word. “Believe”. You’re talking about more mind-reading. You claim to know Trump’s intent. I make no such claim.

Is it possible that Trump is doing this to give some subtle nod to white supremacists, or whatever other motivations you personally believe Trump holds?

Sure. Why not? I can’t prove that he isn’t.

Is it possible that Trump scheduled it so he has time to cheat on his wife later that day with Ted Haggard and a pile of methamphetamine?

Sure. Why not? I can’t prove that he isn’t.

Maybe he’s going to do something really great with his time afterwards, or any other number of reasons that June 19th in Tulsa was arrived at. There’s only two big cities in Oklahoma, and Tulsa is one of them.

Maybe he plans to talk about the riots somehow. Who knows?

Bullshit.

I have no idea why Trump does the majority of what he does.

Again. If you believe that the date and place was chosen simply because they "fit into his schedule", then go fo it, @twojarslave.

I asked the question, and you gave me an answer.

It is certainly possible that nobody in Trump’s circle knew about the date / location. I put a low probability on it, but it is possible.

However, they know now. The right move with all the race issues going on now is to move either the location or the date. I haven’t seen any evidence of this happening. They know now, and are not doing anything.

Well, at the very least, you seem to be STRONGLY SUSPICIOUS of Trump’s intent, and you already agreed that this is an intentionally divisive move on Trump’s part. So call that what you will.

Seems like mind-reading to me.

I don’t believe anything. I don’t know why this date and time was chosen anymore than I know why Trump chose the color of necktie that he did yesterday.

Let’s say they do.

Why should they change the date?

Perception means a lot. It looks pretty insensitive. Maybe that is what they are going for. If so, then they should not change it. But if they go that route they are open to accusations of being the white nationalist party or whatever. IMO, they do what they can to pander to that group without saying it explicitly, so maybe this is a good move?

Let me make a point.

During campaigns; all rally’s and appearances are carefully thought out, strategically placed events. Even if it’s to be seen eating a hamburger at a Family Owned Burger place in Hoboken, New Jersey, it was carefully planned and laid out.

Here we are talking about a rally; in the middle of a pandemic; in a 19,000-plus seat facility; on one of the most important dates in American History, in the City of one of the worst Massacres in American History.

And we are to believe that all of this was done because “it fit into Trump’s schedule?”

That is not mind-reading; it’s using what little common sense I have.

Occam’s razor.

This is not mind-reading.

It IS a divisive date and location.

Occam’s razor would say it isn’t some big racist conspiracy to appeal to the tiny white supremist demographic.

I was applying Occam’s razor to the claim that they did not know about the location and date being controversial.

The pandering is just my opinion, I don’t claim it as fact.