Trump and Pence's 60 Minutes Interview

Wait, you’re saying my opinion is subjective? No way!

We all form opinions and whom you vote for is reasoned from opinions and facts. I am wondering what positive opinions and facts others gleaned from the interview.

I’m not arguing the commie would do well in a general, particularly against Trump.

I’m saying he’s a shit candidate with horrid “solutions” to “problems”.

Being a good candidate isn’t really synonymous with winning.

And yet, you felt the need to try and shit on me, because I used well reasoned opinion and facts to blatantly say “this is the assumption, IF true”… Which you obviously read as “you must be X because of Y.”

I figured that’s what you intended, there’s just a lot of people citing HRC as a week political candidate due to her struggles against Bernie. I’m certainly glad he lost the primary though, I’d rather not see our country jump on the fast track to democratic communism(lol).

If you hadn’t made up your mind already you wouldn’t have used the term “rabid lefty”. Or maybe you just enjoy devisive, polarizing terms… idk?

A simple, “do you generally identify with more liberal or conservative policies?” Is generally a good way to go about your line of questioning.

In anycase, no, I’m not a rabid lefty :slight_smile:

What do you think went well for Trump in the interview, if anything?

You mean the truth?

I don’t think anything good comes out of the Trump bid for POTUS, and therefore doubt any of that interview would strike me as “good” in the sense of “hey look at that idea”.

But in the sense of “good” in that “see, he isn’t nearly as bad as the rabid lefties try and shout about all the time” I’m sure there was plenty in the interview that was “good”.

I think Trump is an awful choice for POTUS, and will destroy the GOP if he hasn’t already. The GOP has a really bad messaging problem, and Trump’s mouth feeds into the lefty narrative…

Only “good” thing about that interview was it wasn’t Sanders

1 Like

Truth? You actually think lots of liberals have rabies?

Idk bout you, but name calling never helped me close any deals or turn anybody to my way of thinking.

You’re young aren’t you?

This is politics. You don’t change minds. People either change on their own or dig in deeper.

I gave up trying to “change” anyone in my early 20’s.

You ever think that the reason there isn’t change is because only the young generation is open to it. The older generations have chosen to stop trying?

Being open to new ideas is a choice.

But, what I said was based more practically in the real world (jobs, relationships, etc) than political or philosophical ideology, though it absolutely applies-

If I wanted my girlfriend to bang me but she was tired, I certainly wouldn’t call her a lazy prude. If I was trying to sell an IT package to a company that was kinda cold on the idea, I wouldn’t call the CIO a stingy moron. If a conservative wanted a liberal to support gun rights, he probly shouldn’t call him a rabid lefty.

[quote=“Californiagrown, post:37, topic:219619”]
You ever think that the reason there isn’t change is because only the young generation is open to it. The older generations have chosen to stop trying?
[/quote]

This is total horseshit, and you know it. Good lord. Being stubborn and hyper-partisan isn’t exclusive to any generation, nor is it any less proliferate in any generation. Young people aren’t anymore open minded than older people… They are just “open minded” about different things.

lmao @ thinking I don’t get this, and how I communicate on a politics board is how I communicate in the outside world.

Whew lad, share what you’re smoking please.

A significant portion of political discussion in this country occurs on the internet… maybe you should start communicating in your “real world” way online so that you stop fomenting the divisive language and arguments that are so prevalent.

To me, it sounds like you’ve kinda given up.

Here’s a tip kid. If you’re going to start throwing around words like arrogant then display some empathy and have a think about how posting a little bitch comment wrapped in moral high ground is going to make you seem.

1 Like

What bitch comment are you talking about, boy?

Do you have anything to add to the conversation about the 60 mins interview, or no?

I was wondering if you had yourself but perhaps you should apply your standards of others to yourself and this would go a hell of a lot more smoothly.

I’d probably steer clear of terms that are “racially sensitive” as well.

I guess you havnt read the thread if you think I havnt talked about the interview.

So, I’ll ask again- what did you think of the interview? I’d like to hear opinions and analysis :slight_smile:

1 Like

Answers to your questions are there if you seek it. I recommend the reddit /r/asktrumpsupporters.

Yes, Trump was Trump for sure. But for some reason those things don’t seem to matter with him. The expectations are lower as he is not a professional politician. That’s how he won the primaries and that is how Hillary loses. This is not a good time to be a Washington establishment candidate…and an unindicted felon.

I don’t know how closely you are following this race but the interview was no worse and possibly a bit better than most of Trump’s interviews.

Trump will not win this race because he is more popular than Hillary. He will win because his voters will turn out in larger numbers than Hillary’s.

Hahaha. The time for that was during the primary. Have you seen the two we are left with? Rational policy? Sense of inherent dignity? Trump? Hillary? Seriously?

3 Likes

This is something I don’t get.

What exactly can Obama do in terms of actual action against ISIS without committing ground troops?

And what are the implications of committing ground troops? Will it even achieve the goals you want to achieve?

Sure, ISIS controlled territory can probably be recovered in short order if the U.S. launches a full-on invasion akin to what it did with Iraq, but then what? Leave troops and try to bring stability back to a country that we effectively abandoned five years ago?

They don’t have to do much really, just make a strong speech about how despicable ISIS is and how we are going to kick their teeth in. Accompany that with some extra bombings maybe some special operative raids and voila you are now portraying strength.

When it comes down to the election whatever he does is going to be more about impression than the actual actions.

1 Like