T Nation

True Life: I'm On Steroids

Was watching PL vids, and Ed Coan’s squat workout lol and I came across this…theres parts 1 and 2 also. I’m watching the 3rd, It’s True Life “I’m on steroids” I think it’s called. pretty interestnig none the less.


Anyone else see it?

Camp as christmas.

The one guy Peter didn’t seem too too bad. He had a decent physique and seemed to have his training/nutrition/rest in check. He really only bugged me when he said he had reached his physical peak and HAD to use steroids to progress any further.

Roger was a twat…but that might’ve just been his fianc?e rubbing off on him. What’d she say…something to the effect of “I don’t agree with steroids because of the bad temper and the bumps”? She clearly has her PhD in biochemistry.

Brian was simply a piece of shit.

We’ve beaten this topic up like a rockstar’s wife around here.

But just as a point of reference, they don’t pick these folks to show proper steroid use and healthy results, they pick mostly crazies who’ll be interesting to watch.

Oh yeah I know the topic is hot and has been over with a billion times, just like some other things on this site lol but I just thought it’d be an interesting watch. It was for me at least lol. and I agree that Peter seems like the only guy that had his mind on right with the nutrition and stuff, but yeah when he said he reached his peak I didn’t believe that. lol

Does anyone know where I can watch this whole episode?
The show last for about 45 min. What is posted only contains about 1/2 of the show.
Any links to parts 4,5,6 or the whole episode?

:slight_smile:

First of all, I was annoyed how they showed Peter and Brian both doing curls. But hey, it is MTV. Brian seemed like the epitome of someone using steroids as a cop-out for proper training and nutrition. He even said, after he got off his cycle he lost all of the gains he got from steroids. It’s unfortunate how MTV has to have the most uneducated steroid users on their show, which will only perpetuate the poor reputation that anabolic steroids have to the viewers of the show.

I’ve seen the whole episode, that guy Brian is a retard and is the exact reason steriods get a bad name, it annoyed me that this show only made steriods look worse to the public but I found it funny on how much of a tool the guy Brian was, he said stuff like “I just want a shortcut” “My last cycle took my arms from 13 inches to 15 inches and I was real happy with that, but I lost it all after I lost my suplly”

There was another scene where he won some wierd contest at some gay bar and was dancing with some dude the guy asked how he looks so good, Brian replied “Its all in the juice”

What a moron

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
The one guy Peter didn’t seem too too bad. He had a decent physique and seemed to have his training/nutrition/rest in check. He really only bugged me when he said he had reached his physical peak and HAD to use steroids to progress any further.

Roger was a twat…but that might’ve just been his fianc?e rubbing off on him. What’d she say…something to the effect of “I don’t agree with steroids because of the bad temper and the bumps”? She clearly has her PhD in biochemistry.

Brian was simply a piece of shit.[/quote]

I wouldn’t have approached it like any of these guys but everyone thinks their way is best. So no biggie.

Generally speaking Peter seems like a good guy.

Roger is a retard for thinking he has to get on juice to win some D level competition. His fiance didn’t really bother me. Sure, she had some misconceptions about roids, but then again many people have the same misconceptions about other recreational drugs. I think the roid rage she witnessed was just Roger being an annoying bitch. He’s the type of guy that roid rages even when not on roids.

I’m going to get flamed to death for this, but I find Brian’s attitude of instant gratification in-line with homosexual culture. Not that this makes me an expert, but I know many homosexuals and many have a “live fast, die young” attitude and a large disposable income which seems to greatly affect their approach to many situations.

Anyways, it was still entertaining to watch.

There was one episode of “True Life” where the followd a youger guy traning for a strong man compition, it was pretty good. Another one with Kit Cope, following him to Thialand to fight bareknuckle.

Hurry up before I roid rage on his ass

haha

[quote]DF85 wrote:
There was one episode of “True Life” where the followd a youger guy traning for a strong man compition, it was pretty good. Another one with Kit Cope, following him to Thialand to fight bareknuckle.[/quote]

I think your talking about Kevin Nee there going for his pro card in strongman. I’ve never seen the Kit Cope one, I wanna see it lol.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
There was one episode of “True Life” where the followd a youger guy traning for a strong man compition, it was pretty good. Another one with Kit Cope, following him to Thialand to fight bareknuckle.[/quote]

Thats Kevin Nee, he is one of the top american strongmen now and weighs atleast 285 at 21, FREAK!

is there is link to a youtube video or anywhere that shows a more respectable and view of and use of gear for athletics?

seems much of what is out there is produced to perpetuate a reflexive negative bias in people, you know?

f

[quote]florianopolis wrote:
is there is link to a youtube video or anywhere that shows a more respectable and view of and use of gear for athletics?

seems much of what is out there is produced to perpetuate a reflexive negative bias in people, you know?

f[/quote]

there was a documentary on British TV a while ago:

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/news/1859/