True Grit Trailer

Surprised no one had posted it yet.

actually one movie im looking forward to watching…

First Wild Bill, now Rooster Cogburn. WOO HOO!!

Wish we had a decent black Cowboy movie. Posse was weak and Danny Glover died in Lonesome Dove. FUCK!!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Wish we had a decent black Cowboy movie. Posse was weak and Danny Glover died in Lonesome Dove. FUCK!![/quote]
what the hell is wrong with Blazing Saddles?

Seen this a billion and times and its one of the BEST trailers this year. And that ending line is so fucken sick -

Guy dieing - “Please Help!”
JEff Bridges - “I can do nothing for ya son.” GUNSHOT

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Wish we had a decent black Cowboy movie. Posse was weak and Danny Glover died in Lonesome Dove. FUCK!![/quote]

[quote]binky wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

what the hell is wrong with Blazing Saddles?[/quote]

A western comedy? The fuck ever. The only Western I could think of with a real black lead is 100 Rifles starring Jim Brown.

But anyway, True Grit should be awesome.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[/quote]

Why remake what was already a classic movie? It looks like they have copied it scene for scene?
I would have much preferred to see the same actors take on an original script.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
black Cowboy[/quote]

I heard something stupid so I had to wake up and see what it was…yep, I’m going back to bed.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[/quote]

Why remake what was already a classic movie? It looks like they have copied it scene for scene?
I would have much preferred to see the same actors take on an original script.[/quote]

Yeah, except the Duke died 31 years ago.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[/quote]

I would have much preferred to see the same actors take on an original script.[/quote]

Yeah, except the Duke died 31 years ago.[/quote]

I think he means Bridges, Damon, and Brolin.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Morgan Freeman in Unforgiven? Or is that not cowboy enough?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
black Cowboy[/quote]

I heard something stupid so I had to wake up and see what it was…yep, I’m going back to bed.[/quote]

Dude, it wasn’t just white guys from Oklahoma or Texas back then. You had African and Native Americans riding across the country, kickin ass, and taking names.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
black Cowboy[/quote]

I heard something stupid so I had to wake up and see what it was…yep, I’m going back to bed.[/quote]

Dude, it wasn’t just white guys from Oklahoma or Texas back then. You had African and Native Americans riding across the country, kickin ass, and taking names.

[/quote]
I think you will see the problem in the extended version of your answer:

Dude, it wasn’t just white guys from Oklahoma or Texas back then. You had African and Native Americans riding across the country, kickin WHITE ass, and taking names.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

Morgan Freeman in Unforgiven? Or is that not cowboy enough?[/quote]

Tortured, beat to death, and put on display. No, not cowboy enough for me.

Man with no name in Fistful of Dollars: Beaten up, escaped, survived, and came back for revenge.

That’s what I want.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
kickin WHITE ass[/quote]

That’s just icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

It doesn’t matter how bad ass the movie looks. Every time I see Jeff Bridges I can’t help but saying “the dude obides”.

Jeff Bridges can not play John Wayne. This is an unholy union. And Matt Fucking Damon? In a western? God will smite them all for this abomination.

[quote]krebcycle wrote:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:

[/quote]

I heard an interview by Bridges and he said the movie is not a remake of the old one. They are basing it more off of the book which is suppose to be darker.