True Genetic Potential

Lol. I’m pretty sure PJS2010 is just being “literal” wrt the OP’s question. Don’t think he’s condoning that approach.

THIS is a topic where it’s appropriate to refer the OP to the search function of the website.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Lol. I’m pretty sure PJS2010 is just being “literal” wrt the OP’s question. Don’t think he’s condoning that approach.

THIS is a topic where it’s appropriate to refer the OP to the search function of the website. [/quote]
PJS has been gaining 20lbs a year for 6 years so that might very well be his diet. This is T Nation man everything has the possibility of being literal :slight_smile:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

[quote]GrindOverMatter wrote:

[quote]taylor_1989 wrote:
This is more of an observation, but can anyone real reach the true g potential ? I see posted on a few sites saying people believe they reached ther limit but to me unless you consuming silly amount of calories I.e 15000+ and training 3-4 times a day and not getting any stronger then yes you have reached your true limit. So to me you can’t evere really achieve this in a lifetime.

What other people’s thoughts? [/quote]
eating a silly amount of calories and training 3-4 times a day really doesnt have much to do with genetic potentital for bodybuilding in my opinion. Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you havent been in the gym very long.[/quote]

Eating more and training more will build more muscle. 15000 calories will build more muscle than 5000, very simple.[/quote]

People who have heart attacks don’t tend to build as much muscle as people who don’t. #science
[/quote]

:D. Now who is making the sarcastic comments. Lol[/quote]

sarcastic? I cited my source and everything! hash tags are how you cite sources now right?

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]PJS2010 wrote:

This is more of an observation, but can anyone real reach the true g potential ? I see posted on a few sites saying people believe they reached ther limit but to me unless you consuming silly amount of calories I.e 15000+ and training 3-4 times a day and not getting any stronger then yes you have reached your true limit. So to me you can’t evere really achieve this in a lifetime.

eating a silly amount of calories and training 3-4 times a day really doesnt have much to do with genetic potentital for bodybuilding in my opinion. Dont take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you havent been in the gym very long.[/quote]

Eating more and training more will build more muscle. 15000 calories will build more muscle than 5000, very simple.[/quote]

People who have heart attacks don’t tend to build as much muscle as people who don’t. #science
[/quote]

:D. Now who is making the sarcastic comments. Lol[/quote]

sarcastic? I cited my source and everything! hash tags are how you cite sources now right?
[/quote]

Damn I guess I am behind the times

I dislike how everyone puts down training more frequently, I’m going to say my observations here: its more optimal to train less frequently with roids, but as a natty im with op in that full body multiple times a day will help a natty reach genetic potential first, but still theres no way to truly reach your genetic potential. And cue the hate replys.

Brozknows guys broz does know.

[quote]DoIEvenLift wrote:
I dislike how everyone puts down training more frequently, I’m going to say my observations here: its more optimal to train less frequently with roids, but as a natty im with op in that full body multiple times a day will help a natty reach genetic potential first, but still theres no way to truly reach your genetic potential. And cue the hate replys.

Brozknows guys broz does know. [/quote]

Why would it be less optimal to train less frequently when on AAS. They increase recovery

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Why would it be less optimal to train less frequently when on AAS. They increase recovery[/quote]

no clue, just from what I’ve seen of guys at my gym all doing once a week splits. figure if everyone’s doing it, has to work pretty well.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

Why would it be less optimal to train less frequently when on AAS. They increase recovery[/quote]

no clue, just from what I’ve seen of guys at my gym all doing once a week splits. figure if everyone’s doing it, has to work pretty well.[/quote]

I never said it doesn’t work well. I think it works fine for both nattys and assisted. Working well and optimal are two different things. For me personally I find 2x a week optimal.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

no clue, just from what I’ve seen of guys at my gym all doing once a week splits. figure if everyone’s doing it, has to work pretty well.[/quote]

I never said it doesn’t work well. I think it works fine for both nattys and assisted. Working well and optimal are two different things. For me personally I find 2x a week optimal. [/quote]
I wasn’t trying to say anything about you, my post was directed at the second post on this thread where he said training multiple times per day means you must be new to the gym.

I think it’s funny that you referenced the Broz trainees as if they were natural. Pat Mendes, their poster boy, got popped for using HGH a year ago.

Right obviously I have not seen the other threads. I only asked the question because it has always intrigued me, by people saying in the gym they have hit there max. Which makes me think how dose anyone know there true potential?

Surely if you look at an athlete I.e Sprinter for example they strive to get stronger, quicker, and if they continue to get stronger surly they will increase there muscle mass, because you are increasing the load on the muscle. So when I hear people say this, to me it sounds like there giving up .

Also why take the piss out of the thread, what’s the point? I am only asking a question at the end of the day.

So when I hear people say this, to me it sounds like they’re giving up . [/quote]

I think that’s your answer.

So as a natty, I should train full body multiple times a day? Lets say that means 3 times a day. Lets say I take 1 day off per week. Are you saying to hit each body part at least 18 times per week? Where have you observed anyone doing something like this? Am I reading this wrong or are you just a troll?

[quote]sonnyp wrote:

So as a natty, I should train full body multiple times a day? Lets say that means 3 times a day. Lets say I take 1 day off per week. Are you saying to hit each body part at least 18 times per week? Where have you observed anyone doing something like this? Am I reading this wrong or are you just a troll?[/quote]
Try it and find out, some cross fitters train multiple times per day, I maxed out squats twice a day for a month and a half ish and my squat increased 35 lbs. I’m natty and i saw results from it much faster than once a week or so. and @ the broz main man comment, yeah hes not natural but it’s a training system that works well for nattys from my experience. AKA im eating my own words there.

[quote]flch95 wrote:

[quote]flch95 wrote:

da’ wheeelz Grind!! da’ wheelzz!! pretty good.
[/quote]

thanks man, tried to buy shorts from old navy last week and none of them would fit…proud moment for sure lol
[/quote]
Happens when I buy pants. Tight in the legs/ass and loose in the waist. That is a great feeling but frustrating at the same time. My legs are nowhere near yours and I already have this problem, lol.
[/quote]

Genetic potential thread has evolved into jeans vs legs thread

[quote]sonnyp wrote:

So as a natty, I should train full body multiple times a day? Lets say that means 3 times a day. Lets say I take 1 day off per week. Are you saying to hit each body part at least 18 times per week? Where have you observed anyone doing something like this? Am I reading this wrong or are you just a troll?[/quote]
Try it and find out, some cross fitters train multiple times per day, I maxed out squats twice a day for a month and a half ish and my squat increased 35 lbs. I’m natty and i saw results from it much faster than once a week or so. and @ the broz main man comment, yeah hes not natural but it’s a training system that works well for nattys from my experience. AKA im eating my own words there.[/quote]

Yeah that’s OK. I dont usually base my programs on some guys personal experience and stories from his cross fitting buddies.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I never said it doesn’t work well. I think it works fine for both nattys and assisted. Working well and optimal are two different things. For me personally I find 2x a week optimal. [/quote]

For me it is once a week. When I train body parts 2X a week my joints start killing me. Now, I have done heavy day and then another day of light pump work, but hitting it heavy 2 days a week doesn’t work for me.

Could you elaborate on how you train twice a week? You might have already just curious.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

For me it is once a week. When I train body parts 2X a week my joints start killing me. Now, I have done heavy day and then another day of light pump work, but hitting it heavy 2 days a week doesn’t work for me.

Could you elaborate on how you train twice a week? You might have already just curious.
[/quote]

Agreed on two heavy days. My body becomes not able to function. I train with way to much volume for two “heavy” days

My split is stolen and bastardized JM 7 day split. Legs, push, pull repeat but pump work focus or higher rep low rest. More stretch and holds type work on the repeat days. Day 7 is arms and any extra work I feel like doing. So pretty much what you said a “heavy” day and a “light” day. All are high volume. Pump days have even more than heavy days. Though I also wouldn’t recommend my training to anyone since I am a bit crazy. I like being in the gym more than most and my exercise tolerance is very high.