True/False: Gain Muscle, Lose Weight

[quote]Scott M wrote:
teencraft wrote:
Use Waterbury’s 10-10 if you want to do both simultaneously while receiving amazing results on both ends.

Here’s where I have a problem. You are talking to a beginner who just got on a program(a very successful one at that) and just learning how to eat properly and you are telling him to stop what he’s doing and switch everything. This is exactly what he does NOT need to hear. [/quote]

Agreed.

I wish fanboys of certain authors would quit giving advice like that.

I say let’s start a petition to have T-Nation open a [quote]“can you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time”[/quote] forum. Clearly this question deserves a forum of it’s own.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I say let’s start a petition to have T-Nation open a “can you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time” forum. Clearly this question deserves a forum of it’s own.[/quote]

Hell, we would get 300 posts from other newbies all telling some other newb to try this or that specific program.

Most of the people asking this question don’t need to approach their training this way.

Most of the people telling others to approach their training this way just started training themselves and should type less.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
I say let’s start a petition to have T-Nation open a “can you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time” forum. Clearly this question deserves a forum of it’s own.

Hell, we would get 300 posts from other newbies all telling some other newb to try this or that specific program.

Most of the people asking this question don’t need to approach their training this way.

Most of the people telling others to approach their training this way just started training themselves and should type less.[/quote]

I agree 100% with this, ProX, I am trying to learn and get to where I want in a healthy manner. I have had quite a few other ‘newbies’ approach me, I know Scott has worked very closely with me and he has been doing it for sometime, he has to beat my head a few times about patience and dedication. I do not see anything that will waiver my goal!

-Yoel

Am I missing where Scott gave the advice? I keep reading through the post that TsNod should follow Scott’s advice. But I can’t see it anywhere.

Can someone link me to it? Thanks.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Am I missing where Scott gave the advice? I keep reading through the post that TsNod should follow Scott’s advice. But I can’t see it anywhere.

Can someone link me to it? Thanks.[/quote]

I’m talking to him off the board.

Scott has given advice on other thread’s of TsNod.

Yoel, don’t get into panic mode. You just started Rippetoe, you just started eating healthy, maybe even gained a few pounds. Don’t over analyze the situation. Wait at least a month before starting to worry about your progress.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:

Can someone link me to it? Thanks.[/quote]

This poster seems to like to private message those he wants info from.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Yoel, don’t get into panic mode. You just started Rippetoe, you just started eating healthy, maybe even gained a few pounds. Don’t over analyze the situation. Wait at least a month before starting to worry about your progress.[/quote]

Yoel, what was that we were talking about last night? Sound familiar? haha

The advice given to me is reflected by my eating and working out, which you could check my log for more info. No one has spoken out against it.

TheDude, yeah, I actually have looked in the mirror and I feel like my face got a bit bigger but my body hasnt??? Not sure if I am just too paranoid and seeing things tho.

Here’s a tip. I was making good gains for quite a while and then they started slowing down noticeably. You’ll never believe what I had to do to get myself growing again. Hold onto to your hats. I started eating more. HOLEEE SHIT. No schooling or nuthin.

Hey tiribulus and anyone else curious,

just to give you some background Yoel here is mainly trying to lose bodyfat but of course needs more muscle mass to have something to show for it when he gets leaner. I have him doing Rippetoe’s starting strength program, eating 6 times a day with basically carbs PWO and some for breakfast(right?) and vegetables and healthy fats all other times with his protein. He’s going to get a 1/2 day refeed/cheat one day a week if he’s strict all week with the remainder of the diet(cocoa pebbles! haha) Low intensity cardio is done on off days and I believe he is doing HIIT after his training.

The main concern is getting him to STOP READING THE BOARDS and just follow through with the general template until changes need to be made.

I’m just spoutin off, but what I said was true. However, whatsa Yoel.

HAHAAHAHA @ " I started eating more. HOLEEE SHIT. " Yeah pretty much Scott said it all… I cant wait for this sunday… im craving these cocoa pebbles cereal…

sorry