True Blood

Is anybody watching True Blood? It is on HBO, but if you’re sick of cable raping you, then it is worth your while to get it on torrent. Yes, it is vampire related, but it’s not just for the role playing geeks to drool fake blood over. The characters are interesting and the plots are crazy. Best show going right now …I pinky swear.

Anna Paquin plays the main girl, you might know her from the X-men as rogue, but she won an oscar as a little girl in ‘the piano’. She is really a fine actress and also uniquely beautiful. She alone is worth watching for, …lastly, there is much sex going on and… Tits.

So…are you watching? Might as well.

I want to do bad things to you. :op

My sister’s actually watching it right now. I haven’t caught an episode yet, but I plan on tracking them all down and watching them after the season is over, and picking up when Season 2 starts.

It’s too much soap-drama and not enough awesome vampires kicking ass

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
It’s too much soap-drama and not enough awesome vampires kicking ass [/quote]

That is the only thing missing in my opinion. Bill needs to go around and beat some fucking ass. That Eric guy too. I was a little lest down by last nights episode because of Bill not power cleaning Sam through the fucking ceiling. Sookie is also a dumb little girl that doesn’t have a clue as to what she wants.

Lafayette is the most badass gay guy ever. “Who ordered the burger with AIDS?”

Renee should talk more. I wish I could talk cajun.

Any idea who the killer is? I kind of think it’s maybe that guy that Jason and Renee work with on the road crew. He seems kind of odd, is a momma’s boy, and has bad luck with women.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
… Tits.
[/quote]

I’m sold. Probably start up when the season is over or when I’m done with finals week.

[quote]pzehtoeur wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
… Tits.

I’m sold. Probably start up when the season is over or when I’m done with finals week. [/quote]

Anna Paquin’s boobies were a nice surprise.

I want to check it out because a lot of it was filmed around my hometown in Louisiana, which is the same town “The Great Debaters” was filmed.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
… Tits.

I’m sold. Probably start up when the season is over or when I’m done with finals week.

[/quote]

WHAT!? Now I hate that I don’t have HBO. :frowning:

I’ve only seen the pilot, so I was just going to wait until it came out on DVD.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia website talking about Mansfield,where some of True Blood has been filmed, if anyone cares or enjoys useless trivia as much as I do.

Too much small-town drama, not enough vampiric asskicking. They really got my hopes up, too.

check out the books

True Blood reminds me of Sopranos for sure. Every once in a while there’s a bit of extremely cool stuff, but 95% of it is family/relationship drama.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
… Tits.

I’ve only seen the pilot, so I was just going to wait until it came out on DVD.[/quote]

Yeah, I was pretty shocked. She has a nice little body on her, but her head looks freakishly big to me for some reason.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
pzehtoeur wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
… Tits.

I’ve only seen the pilot, so I was just going to wait until it came out on DVD.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked. She has a nice little body on her, but her head looks freakishly big to me for some reason.

[/quote]

Yeah, I was shocked when I read that. I wasn’t expecting that from her.

I’ll have to do some searching once I get home…

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
machiajelly wrote:

That is the only thing missing in my opinion. Bill needs to go around and beat some fucking ass. That Eric guy too. I was a little lest down by last nights episode because of Bill not power cleaning Sam through the fucking ceiling. Sookie is also a dumb little girl that doesn’t have a clue as to what she wants.

Any idea who the killer is? I kind of think it’s maybe that guy that Jason and Renee work with on the road crew. He seems kind of odd, is a momma’s boy, and has bad luck with women. [/quote]

Lafayette is definitely a kick ass character.

I really don’t think the show is that lacking in mayhem. There is at least one brutal murder per episode…and as far as Sookie being a dumb little girl, well she was from the start, for fuck sake she just lost her virginity, her character is an innocent little grandmas girl thrown into a crazy world. That is the point.

As for Renee, wasn’t that his picture that was faxed into the police department? The brother of the Cindy girl who was murdered? I could’ve sworn it was Renee, so yeah… I think you’ll be hearing a bit more from that character, and hell if anybody should be violently vampire ass kicked it should be that red headed annoyance of a woman called Erlene.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
machiajelly wrote:

Any idea who the killer is? I kind of think it’s maybe that guy that Jason and Renee work with on the road crew. He seems kind of odd, is a momma’s boy, and has bad luck with women.

I really don’t think the show is that lacking in mayhem. There is at least one brutal murder per episode…and as far as Sookie being a dumb little girl, well she was from the start, for fuck sake she just lost her virginity, her character is an innocent little grandmas girl thrown into a crazy world. That is the point.

As for Renee, wasn’t that his picture that was faxed into the police department? The brother of the Cindy girl who was murdered? I could’ve sworn it was Renee, so yeah… I think you’ll be hearing a bit more from that character, and hell if anybody should be violently vampire ass kicked it should be that red headed annoyance of a woman called Erlene.

[/quote]

Hmmm…I didn’t really get a good look at the fax, but it looks likes it’s going to be kind of non-issue. If it was Renee, that kind of come out of nowhere, what is his motivation?

I don’t know where they are going with the Tara angle. The chick with the pig who then bails her out of jail and takes her to the hotel she lives in just because she is a nice person? Ok then.

Sookie just reminds me of a lot of girls I know that age. Sometimes you just want to slap them and ask them if they have a brain in their head.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Molotov_Coktease wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
machiajelly wrote:

Hmmm…I didn’t really get a good look at the fax, but it looks likes it’s going to be kind of non-issue. If it was Renee, that kind of come out of nowhere, what is his motivation?

I don’t know where they are going with the Tara angle. The chick with the pig who then bails her out of jail and takes her to the hotel she lives in just because she is a nice person? Ok then.

Sookie just reminds me of a lot of girls I know that age. Sometimes you just want to slap them and ask them if they have a brain in their head.

[/quote]

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it was Renee in the fax, so they are kind of setting him up as the killer. It does seem to come out of nowhere, but…what I think is that him and that ginger wife of his are involved in the whole ‘against vampires’ movement, (you know how they have it all set up in a divided sort of way to mirror racism, only against vampires) … So, I think that is the direction and angle it will take, especially since Renee’s sister was supposedly getting involved with vampires when she was murdered.

I haven’t a clue about the new Tara development, …I guess we’ll have to wait and see, but I hope it calls for Tara to be more badass and salty, and maybe team up with Lafayette for some major carnage.

I agree about girls like Sookie, you kind of wanna shake them for contents, but that is why I like it, it’s realistic in how they portray her as confused and lead by emotion.

It’s a train wreck of a show. Mediocre acting (especially Anna, i.e. Sookie), but for some reason I can’t stop watching it!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
It’s a train wreck of a show. Mediocre acting (especially Anna, i.e. Sookie), but for some reason I can’t stop watching it![/quote]

You got that right, the last few episodes have been all over the damn place. The finale too.

So much for Rene, and Lafayette by the looks of it. My two favorite characters…poof. I can only hope next season involves a lot of Eric and Bill killing shit and the hot vampire chick being naked a lot.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

So much for Rene, and Lafayette by the looks of it. My two favorite characters…poof. I can only hope next season involves a lot of Eric and Bill killing shit and the hot vampire chick being naked a lot.

[/quote]

Yeah, wtf, Lafayette was one of the best characters