TRT with Androgel and Clomid

So, recently I went to an endocrinologist who determined my t levels were 300 and my LH was at 1.2
Initially, for the first three weeks I was instructed to apply 2 pumps of the androgel daily. I quickly noticed an energy boost that was substantial but not much more. After three weeks the doctor has now increased to 3 pumps daily as well as 25 mg of Clomid daily. I am excited about the potential results since Clomid works synergistically with the testosterone gel.
Does anyone have any experience with this combination? I train Jiu-jitsu and hoping I will put on 10-14 lbs of muscle. Is that a reasonable expectation to have within the first 3 months?

Your energy levels and motivation will continue to fluctuate even when on TRT, the same way every person’s does.

I find this odd considering some people can have decent T levels with that amount of Clomid alone. When I used that amount many years ago, my T value went from 240 to 790 with no TRT used.

This is completely unreasonable considering with normal testosterone values–which TRT is supposed to give you–one will be lucky to gain a pound of muscle in a month! You’re asking for a pound of muscle gained per week, which is impossible with eugonadal levels.

That’s a pretty optimistic goal for even someone on a full blown steroid cycle.

1 Like

10 lbs for a novice using gear is achievable in 3 months… 15 is pushing it though (unless dose is very, very heavy)… like in the 1 gram+ range

1 Like

That makes sense

Thanks everyone, yes, I believe I’m being a little too optimistic… Lol

TRT suppresses LH, clomid stimulates your body to produce testosterone so you are in fact getting your testosterone from two different sources. What your doctor is doing is odd to say the least and not normal practice.

Clomid has many bad estrogen side effects and most stay clear unless trying to reboot the HPTA. There’s no nice way to say this, but your doctor is clueless and is out of touch with standard practice.

Half the clomid pill is pure estrogen, your doctor has prescribe a treatment that will see estrogen dominance in a man, your doctor is a quack. You need to seek someone who is not completely operating in the dark.

This prescribed protocol is perfect for a women wanting high estrogen and low testosterone, it would seem your doctor is trying to transition you towards a female. your doctor is stupid.

By the way, clomid is a female fertility drug.

Umm, no, it doesn’t. You would be artificially increasing your T with gel, which will shut you down, and then at the same time signal your body to produce more E2, I guess if you enjoy being bloated and converting all of the test in that gel directly to E2 it’s a good plan. If you want to add muscle and raise your T, you would never run these two things together. It’s a solid fail from a medical perspective, your doc doesn’t know what he’s doing.

There are some people who’ve done alright with clomid for T and fertility. I have a friend whose T tripled on it and he feels fine.

Yes, but he’s going this for medicinal purposes, not a cycle of gear for supra T levels.

That’s so uncommon though, and we aren’t talking about micro dosing clomid with TRT. This guy is on androgel and a normal clomid dose for crying out loud.

This has an extremely small chance of actually working, to even attempt it is ludicrous.

1 Like