TRT to Banned Soon?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I think people are way to quick to jump on TRT…[/quote]

And you’re basing this on your experience as a __________________________?[/quote]

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with TRT, and I don’t believe it’s cheating or anything like that. I think it’s a legitimate medical treatment with real, significant benefits.

What I DO think is a problem is the amount of REALLY young dudes who are convinced that low T is the source of all their problems so sign up for a lifetime of the needle when there’s no real need for them to do so.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel. While all of you are entitled to your opinion Im entitled to defend my reasoning for using it for legitimate means. I would never classify myself as “silly” or “wacky” and before you guys jump on your moral high horse if you had true loss of quality of life and other issues that may be a result of low T, and saw TRT as a way to help you my guess is many of you nattys (lol) would consider it. I hate break it you but when I started to get my Test Pellets every 4 months, my paltry 420lb squat didnt jump to 520 while on TRT. Did it help me in the gym…well it helped me in all facets of my life it gave me energy but if you think that 6 months into TRT I was an anabolic chemically enhanced machine your sadly mistaken.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s I felt like shit, slept all the time, had trouble staying awake during the day, loss of libido and all that fun stuff. Alot of this was attributed to myself also being on psychotropic medication as well. My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, would I get a special participation award for competing at a testosterone deficit? Two Junes ago I injured my neck at my last meet, and have since been self injecting Test Cyp myself, and have not competed since, I changed doctors as the original was 70 miles away, the new doctor did not administer testopel and had all his patients take one 400mg shot every two weeks, which I wouldnt accept. so I started injecting small amounts EOD.

anyway…I can also say that I KNOW there is a difference between lifting weights while on a Therapeutic Dose of Test and performance enhancing amount of test, because I have been on my 7th week of 500 weekly of Test Cyp, and plan to run it for three more weeks. Why? curiousity, Its not like Im producing it on my own anymore, totally gym related.

So I know personally that lifting weights while on TRT and while on an enhancement dosage is a big difference. I certainly wasnt trying to hide it either, I made a thread about in the cheaters section. Some of the posters in this thread responded to me. My lifts still suck a cock by the way but my capacity is much better and my physique is a bit better as well.

But I guess what Im trying to say is just because a guy lifts weights and is on TRT doesent automatically mean he is on TRT for TEH GAINZZZZ.

flame retardent suit on[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. Hope your neck issue has been sorted out.[/quote]

Thanks man, little by little its getting better

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Sorry Matty, didn’t mean to insinuate that everyone on TRT was what I outlined in my original post. There are obviously those (such as yourself) that are on for legitimate reasons and enjoy what TRT was designed for. Glad you got something positive out of it. 'Melo still sucks
[/quote]

Not only will we never win with him, now hes too fucking skinny, we wont even make the playoffs w/o fat melo lol

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I think people are way to quick to jump on TRT…[/quote]

And you’re basing this on your experience as a __________________________?[/quote]

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with TRT, and I don’t believe it’s cheating or anything like that. I think it’s a legitimate medical treatment with real, significant benefits.

What I DO think is a problem is the amount of REALLY young dudes who are convinced that low T is the source of all their problems so sign up for a lifetime of the needle when there’s no real need for them to do so.[/quote]

I agree and I suspect older guys are making a bad choice to jump on it too. If your test is low, is it really a good move to do something that will lower your own production even further? I think if your test is low, taking TRT should be your last option after you’ve explored every other option (which in my medical opinion is to get off what ever other drugs your taking that you probably don’t need anyway and improve your diet & exercise). I also think if your test is simply lower due to age, maybe it’s something you should just accept. I admit though, I might give it a go when mine noticeably drops.

In full disclosure I did try a few tubes of cream I got from Australia about five years ago. I wanted to see if it would help with some injuries I wasn’t healing from. It didn’t help those injuries but I was able to conclude from my usage that my testosterone levels weren’t low. Since I didn’t have help from a doctor my plan was to start at the lowest recommended level then increase it every two weeks until noticing a difference then keep it at that level. I didn’t notice any effect until the level I was using was well in excess of the maximum recommended level.

The two things I noticed were hair loss and increased libido. Hair loss is obviously not desirable and I’m already raring to go at least once a day so increased libido wasn’t really desirable. No sense messing with my hormone production for either of those and like I said, it didn’t help with the injuries.

To be clear, I’m not against it or anything, I just think people should be cautious about going down that road.

The article OP referred us to really jumped the gun. The FDA is currently evaluating the risk and has concluded (so far) that only men with an underlying heart condition have increased risk. There was no increased risk for men without an underlying condition.

This will not lead to TRT being banned.

What this will lead to is a situation where doctors might be more hesitant to prescribe TRT to men who are older than 65 and who have underlying heart conditions.

If you do not fit that profile…

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Sorry Matty, didn’t mean to insinuate that everyone on TRT was what I outlined in my original post. There are obviously those (such as yourself) that are on for legitimate reasons and enjoy what TRT was designed for. Glad you got something positive out of it. 'Melo still sucks
[/quote]

Not only will we never win with him, now hes too fucking skinny, we wont even make the playoffs w/o fat melo lol
[/quote]

Anthony and Paul Pierce should play a game for the “most out of shape but still offensively dominant small forward ever” title. Mark Aguirre can ref.

[quote]IamMarqaos wrote:
The article OP referred us to really jumped the gun. The FDA is currently evaluating the risk and has concluded (so far) that only men with an underlying heart condition have increased risk. There was no increased risk for men without an underlying condition.

This will not lead to TRT being banned.

What this will lead to is a situation where doctors might be more hesitant to prescribe TRT to men who are older than 65 and who have underlying heart conditions.

If you do not fit that profile…[/quote]

TRT doesn’t have to be explicitly banned for conditions very similar to a ban to be implemented.

Outside of going to a pricey anti-aging clinic, it’s pretty difficult to find a doc who will prescribe you T. Go to any T replacement forum and you’ll find hordes of men discussing their struggles in getting proper treatment even when they do have low T and suffer from low T symptoms. Heck, even when T is prescribed the dosing is absurdly low and infrequent to the point where men feel WORSE going on.

If getting a T script and adequate treatment is already currently difficult, what will it be like after the FDA passes these new mandates? Borderline impossible?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Anthony and Paul Pierce should play a game for the “most out of shape but still offensively dominant small forward ever” title. Mark Aguirre can ref.
[/quote]

There’s no NBA player I hate watching more than Paul Pierce. The guy literally looks like he’s moving in slow motion.

[quote]LarryH wrote:
Government control mechanism. No surprise. Making men less manly and thus probably easier to control, might be what they’re thinking.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking along those lines for many years.

Lol at people who think simply jumping on TRT will give them incredible gains. If you haven’t done your research you’re sure to get bish tits.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s…
My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, [/quote]

So the TRT resulted in a 3+ to 4 fold increase in your natural levels.
If you competed in the open division; no problem; otherwise I feel different.
If a medical condition exists and TRT will improve the situation that is a different story, but doesn’t change my position regarding competition.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, [/quote]

If a medical condition exists and TRT will improve the situation that is a different story, but doesn’t change my position regarding competition.
[/quote]

Not trying to change your opinion just giving my experience. I believe my natural T production
Was compromised to begin with so possibly not my natural T production. You can also choose your verbiage in any way to support your side by my verbiage would be that TRT increased to normal values

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Not trying to change your opinion just giving my experience. I believe my natural T production
Was compromised to begin with so possibly not my natural T production. You can also choose your verbiage in any way to support your side by my verbiage would be that TRT increased to normal values
[/quote]

Well Matty, regarless of the verbage used, if you competed in anything other than the open division, your actions were not honorable. Rationilazation is slime business.

Edit: On second thought I suppose it depends on how the specific organization conducts the test. If tested and you would have been below the threshold for a violation; I suppose you would have wiggled through a loophole; if your alright with that, you’re the one that has to live with it.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]
I’d agree with that I’d say. I think when it comes to the point of injecting hormones that are largely responsible for muscle growth and the sport is a strength sport, the advantage over someone who isn’t doing that is too much to be ignored.

There’s a tradeoff here. When you’re young, you have an optimal hormonal profile for growth and thus strength. However, you don’t have enough time accumulated under the bar. With age, those things approach each other, then flip.

And I’m not making any point about you Matty, btw. I wasn’t paying attention to whether you competed in a natural fed and I’m not trying to be a dick.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Matty, regarless of the verbage used, if you competed in anything other than the open division, your actions were not honorable. Rationilazation is slime business.

Edit: On second thought I suppose it depends on how the specific organization conducts the test. If tested and you would have been below the threshold for a violation; I suppose you would have wiggled through a loophole; if your alright with that, you’re the one that has to live with it.
[/quote]

I’m not rationalizing I’m explaining. Is there not thresholds for a reason? So because I’m on trt within normal levels I’m supposed to compete with other competitors in a division where their sole purpose of taking hormones was to get stronger? I disagree with this . To be perfectly honest I’m not winning any division so I was never concerned about honor.

I
Full disclosure btw I never entered the open division in any of the 4 meets I’ve done . TBH I never thought I was cheating nor did I think I had any chance of winning or breaking a record

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[/quote]

Natural range for a male is not in the 200’s so no it wasnt increased 3 to 4x

This is to everyone then more because i like stirring up shit…my test levels were in the 40s basically female normal ranges for test at age 20 (they had hit normal male levels considering i went through puberty and what not fine). Does that mean i can compete as a female since at that point i was chemically a female? And if i was to be on trt I couldnt compete as a natural? Id have to be off trt and have test levels of a woman to compete against males with test levels 700-100? That doesnt really seem logical. Considering trt brings test levels into normal male range I have no idea where people think these amazing extra benefits are coming from that would make someone unable to compete in a natural fed. There levels are still at physiological range. Not above range. Not at a point where they are gaining more than any other man at normal mid range.

ignoring the competing aspect, if it improves your quality of life, who gives a shit?

Your natural levels are whatever the hand nature delt you at any given point in time. Eveyone thinks they have a good reason for doing a wrong thing. Right now there are any number of people involved in affiars that violate the ‘exclusive’ agreement they have with another; they rationilize them for a variety of reasons; that doesn’t mean they are anything less than a betrayal of honor. The path of least resistance is what water does when it’s rolling down hill; not the path an ethical man chooses to take.