T Nation

TRT to Banned Soon?

Testosterone prescriptions for men have soared in the past few years, rising from 1.3 million men receiving prescriptions in 2010 to 2.3 million in 2013. But if you’re suffering from age-related low testosterone â?? Low T â?? and have been taking testosterone drugs, your doctor may soon be reluctant to prescribe your usual medications.

In the wake of studies that linked testosterone replacement therapies to cardiovascular risks, an FDA panel has recommended that the drugs be restricted to men who suffer from Low T due to medically related issues such as a tumor or a genetic disorder. The end result could be that millions of aging Americans will have limited access to testosterone drugs.

What then? The good news is that you can boost your testosterone levels naturally using specific vitamins, minerals, and herbs, such as the five listed below.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Testosterone prescriptions for men have soared in the past few years, rising from 1.3 million men receiving prescriptions in 2010 to 2.3 million in 2013. But if you’re suffering from age-related low testosterone â?? Low T â?? and have been taking testosterone drugs, your doctor may soon be reluctant to prescribe your usual medications.

In the wake of studies that linked testosterone replacement therapies to cardiovascular risks, an FDA panel has recommended that the drugs be restricted to men who suffer from Low T due to medically related issues such as a tumor or a genetic disorder. The end result could be that millions of aging Americans will have limited access to testosterone drugs.

What then? The good news is that you can boost your testosterone levels naturally using specific vitamins, minerals, and herbs, such as the five listed below.

[/quote]

The studies are all faulty with poor set ups and there are well done studies that support low test is actually much worse. And a couple that TRT is actually helpful.

I’m SOOOO shocked that our wonderful, all knowing, government is doing this.

The FDA depriving us of any choice in the matter based on its arbitrary interpretations of the terms “safe” and “effective.” Sounds right.

Government control mechanism. No surprise. Making men less manly and thus probably easier to control, might be what they’re thinking.

That’s a shame, I’ve become very comfortable with the idea that I will stay natural(no judgment on those who do not) until I perhaps required TRT in the future, and then find a doctor. It means I would never have to go through the process of sourcing what is sadly an illegal substance(I haven’t the first clue about where to begin the search for a good steroid source), but that may end up being what I have to do anyway.

Most of the legitimate testing organizations will no longer provide waivers for TRT. IMO…that is proper. Like with so mant things today; if you give a guy an inch, they try to get a mile.

I think people are way to quick to jump on TRT…

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
Most of the legitimate testing organizations will no longer provide waivers for TRT. IMO…that is proper. Like with so mant things today; if you give a guy an inch, they try to get a mile. [/quote]
Simple enough if you’re just filling prescriptions and self injecting. Just dial it back for a few months and then use the left overs as a nice big boost come meet prep time. I guess there’s no practical way to be certain.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I think people are way to quick to jump on TRT…[/quote]

Agreed. It’s like TRT is some weird moral bridge thst connects users to natty staus while still giving enhanced benefits. There are several people on this site who claim “natty” and that trt doesn’t really do much, but won’t dare come off 'cause they know their results will most definitely suffer, from losing gym gains to losing “effectiveness” from their wacky diet. It’s pretty silly.

I love how telling a woman what to do with her body is sexist, but tell a man what to do with his body and you’re calming the rising seas.

Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel. While all of you are entitled to your opinion Im entitled to defend my reasoning for using it for legitimate means. I would never classify myself as “silly” or “wacky” and before you guys jump on your moral high horse if you had true loss of quality of life and other issues that may be a result of low T, and saw TRT as a way to help you my guess is many of you nattys (lol) would consider it. I hate break it you but when I started to get my Test Pellets every 4 months, my paltry 420lb squat didnt jump to 520 while on TRT. Did it help me in the gym…well it helped me in all facets of my life it gave me energy but if you think that 6 months into TRT I was an anabolic chemically enhanced machine your sadly mistaken.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s I felt like shit, slept all the time, had trouble staying awake during the day, loss of libido and all that fun stuff. Alot of this was attributed to myself also being on psychotropic medication as well. My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, would I get a special participation award for competing at a testosterone deficit? Two Junes ago I injured my neck at my last meet, and have since been self injecting Test Cyp myself, and have not competed since, I changed doctors as the original was 70 miles away, the new doctor did not administer testopel and had all his patients take one 400mg shot every two weeks, which I wouldnt accept. so I started injecting small amounts EOD.

anyway…I can also say that I KNOW there is a difference between lifting weights while on a Therapeutic Dose of Test and performance enhancing amount of test, because I have been on my 7th week of 500 weekly of Test Cyp, and plan to run it for three more weeks. Why? curiousity, Its not like Im producing it on my own anymore, totally gym related.

So I know personally that lifting weights while on TRT and while on an enhancement dosage is a big difference. I certainly wasnt trying to hide it either, I made a thread about in the cheaters section. Some of the posters in this thread responded to me. My lifts still suck a cock by the way but my capacity is much better and my physique is a bit better as well.

But I guess what Im trying to say is just because a guy lifts weights and is on TRT doesent automatically mean he is on TRT for TEH GAINZZZZ.

flame retardent suit on

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel. While all of you are entitled to your opinion Im entitled to defend my reasoning for using it for legitimate means. I would never classify myself as “silly” or “wacky” and before you guys jump on your moral high horse if you had true loss of quality of life and other issues that may be a result of low T, and saw TRT as a way to help you my guess is many of you nattys (lol) would consider it. I hate break it you but when I started to get my Test Pellets every 4 months, my paltry 420lb squat didnt jump to 520 while on TRT. Did it help me in the gym…well it helped me in all facets of my life it gave me energy but if you think that 6 months into TRT I was an anabolic chemically enhanced machine your sadly mistaken.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s I felt like shit, slept all the time, had trouble staying awake during the day, loss of libido and all that fun stuff. Alot of this was attributed to myself also being on psychotropic medication as well. My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, would I get a special participation award for competing at a testosterone deficit? Two Junes ago I injured my neck at my last meet, and have since been self injecting Test Cyp myself, and have not competed since, I changed doctors as the original was 70 miles away, the new doctor did not administer testopel and had all his patients take one 400mg shot every two weeks, which I wouldnt accept. so I started injecting small amounts EOD.

anyway…I can also say that I KNOW there is a difference between lifting weights while on a Therapeutic Dose of Test and performance enhancing amount of test, because I have been on my 7th week of 500 weekly of Test Cyp, and plan to run it for three more weeks. Why? curiousity, Its not like Im producing it on my own anymore, totally gym related.

So I know personally that lifting weights while on TRT and while on an enhancement dosage is a big difference. I certainly wasnt trying to hide it either, I made a thread about in the cheaters section. Some of the posters in this thread responded to me. My lifts still suck a cock by the way but my capacity is much better and my physique is a bit better as well.

But I guess what Im trying to say is just because a guy lifts weights and is on TRT doesent automatically mean he is on TRT for TEH GAINZZZZ.

flame retardent suit on[/quote]

good post -

There are no vitamins or supplements that will boost test levels to the degree that TRT does, what the hell are they thinking? Most older aged men could die as a result of complications of low testosterone as well. The issues that happen from low testosterone can be just as deadly as the few cases of deaths from TRT. In fact I will go as far to say most older men in this decade have low testosterone not only from age, but also environmental toxicity and xenoestrogens that were far less common until more recent times. Seconded as well on Mattys post, great stuff. Glad to hear you are feeling so much better on it!

Well thanks guys I appreciate it, I definitley understand that other posters will have different opionions, but I feel my opinion has merit based on myself having personal experience with the subject at hand.

[quote]Bitchez wrote:

Wah wah TRT wah wah not natty wah moral wah wah

[/quote]

MattyXL - Remember these words, because these are the words of men:

“Who cares what Bitchez think?”

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

[quote]Bitchez wrote:

Wah wah TRT wah wah not natty wah moral wah wah

[/quote]

MattyXL - Remember these words, because these are the words of men:

“Who cares what Bitchez think?”[/quote]

lol thanks brother

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel. While all of you are entitled to your opinion Im entitled to defend my reasoning for using it for legitimate means. I would never classify myself as “silly” or “wacky” and before you guys jump on your moral high horse if you had true loss of quality of life and other issues that may be a result of low T, and saw TRT as a way to help you my guess is many of you nattys (lol) would consider it. I hate break it you but when I started to get my Test Pellets every 4 months, my paltry 420lb squat didnt jump to 520 while on TRT. Did it help me in the gym…well it helped me in all facets of my life it gave me energy but if you think that 6 months into TRT I was an anabolic chemically enhanced machine your sadly mistaken.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s I felt like shit, slept all the time, had trouble staying awake during the day, loss of libido and all that fun stuff. Alot of this was attributed to myself also being on psychotropic medication as well. My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, would I get a special participation award for competing at a testosterone deficit? Two Junes ago I injured my neck at my last meet, and have since been self injecting Test Cyp myself, and have not competed since, I changed doctors as the original was 70 miles away, the new doctor did not administer testopel and had all his patients take one 400mg shot every two weeks, which I wouldnt accept. so I started injecting small amounts EOD.

anyway…I can also say that I KNOW there is a difference between lifting weights while on a Therapeutic Dose of Test and performance enhancing amount of test, because I have been on my 7th week of 500 weekly of Test Cyp, and plan to run it for three more weeks. Why? curiousity, Its not like Im producing it on my own anymore, totally gym related.

So I know personally that lifting weights while on TRT and while on an enhancement dosage is a big difference. I certainly wasnt trying to hide it either, I made a thread about in the cheaters section. Some of the posters in this thread responded to me. My lifts still suck a cock by the way but my capacity is much better and my physique is a bit better as well.

But I guess what Im trying to say is just because a guy lifts weights and is on TRT doesent automatically mean he is on TRT for TEH GAINZZZZ.

flame retardent suit on[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. Hope your neck issue has been sorted out.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Been on TRT for three years mainly Testopel. While all of you are entitled to your opinion Im entitled to defend my reasoning for using it for legitimate means. I would never classify myself as “silly” or “wacky” and before you guys jump on your moral high horse if you had true loss of quality of life and other issues that may be a result of low T, and saw TRT as a way to help you my guess is many of you nattys (lol) would consider it. I hate break it you but when I started to get my Test Pellets every 4 months, my paltry 420lb squat didnt jump to 520 while on TRT. Did it help me in the gym…well it helped me in all facets of my life it gave me energy but if you think that 6 months into TRT I was an anabolic chemically enhanced machine your sadly mistaken.

FTR My test was in the high 200’s I felt like shit, slept all the time, had trouble staying awake during the day, loss of libido and all that fun stuff. Alot of this was attributed to myself also being on psychotropic medication as well. My Test “enhancement” was monitored by a doctor while on testopel and generally was always in the 650 - 750 range…I know ridiculously high.

I also competed, all my competitions were done while on TRT in the above mentioned range, would I get a special participation award for competing at a testosterone deficit? Two Junes ago I injured my neck at my last meet, and have since been self injecting Test Cyp myself, and have not competed since, I changed doctors as the original was 70 miles away, the new doctor did not administer testopel and had all his patients take one 400mg shot every two weeks, which I wouldnt accept. so I started injecting small amounts EOD.

anyway…I can also say that I KNOW there is a difference between lifting weights while on a Therapeutic Dose of Test and performance enhancing amount of test, because I have been on my 7th week of 500 weekly of Test Cyp, and plan to run it for three more weeks. Why? curiousity, Its not like Im producing it on my own anymore, totally gym related.

So I know personally that lifting weights while on TRT and while on an enhancement dosage is a big difference. I certainly wasnt trying to hide it either, I made a thread about in the cheaters section. Some of the posters in this thread responded to me. My lifts still suck a cock by the way but my capacity is much better and my physique is a bit better as well.

But I guess what Im trying to say is just because a guy lifts weights and is on TRT doesent automatically mean he is on TRT for TEH GAINZZZZ.

flame retardent suit on[/quote]

Sorry Matty, didn’t mean to insinuate that everyone on TRT was what I outlined in my original post. There are obviously those (such as yourself) that are on for legitimate reasons and enjoy what TRT was designed for. Glad you got something positive out of it. 'Melo still sucks.