TRT Timing

I just started TRT with T-cyp at 200 every 2 weeks. I want a consistent level and thought about splitting the dose and going weekly with 100. So far I have had 2 injections and will re-test at 4 weeks into treatment. No effects so far that I have noticed. I’m 45 and my T was in lower 200s and free T was mid single digits for 2 years before my doc finally started treatment himself after the Endos did nothing.

They seem scared to death of the “T” word and refused any help despite my being symptomatic. I tried a few different ones and some pretty much accused me of wanting to “juice”. I just want to feel better and not be fat and weak even though I am training pretty hard. I guess it’s the litigious nature of our society.

Anyway, the info I got from this site (mainly) helped me convince my doc to treat. So thanks to everyone who takes the time to share info and experience.
One more thing, if I split the dose do I need to store the remaining T any special way? Thanks in advance.

I am on 100 mg a week, but divide it into 2 50 mg doses (Monday and Thursday). This is pretty new for me, but it is much better than androgel and the goal with the divided dose was to keep levels even. My bottle of T is stored without anything special. No preservatives needed.

FWIW: I am giving myself SC shots, not IM on the advice of my TRT doc. Much less trauma and they seem to work fine.

[quote]thr61 wrote:
I am on 100 mg a week, but divide it into 2 50 mg doses (Monday and Thursday). This is pretty new for me, but it is much better than androgel and the goal with the divided dose was to keep levels even. My bottle of T is stored without anything special. No preservatives needed.

FWIW: I am giving myself SC shots, not IM on the advice of my TRT doc. Much less trauma and they seem to work fine.[/quote]

SC? That’s interesting. Thanks for the input.

The more often you inject the T shots the less potential for conversion to estrogen.
I inject 56mg’s EOD for my 200/week, you could try 28.5mg’s EOD.
There are some guys that enjoy the “boost” of a large shot when it kicks in, yet they never discuss the “crash” when levels drop.
Personally, I prefer the idea of keeping my T levels as close to even as possible from week to week in order to manage my E2 levels more closely.I’m one of the guys whose E2 likes to climb sky high, so I have to really watch it.

There are a lot of guys doing the SQ (SC) thing with good results. As long as the shot volume is small enough when injected just under the skin, it won’t cause pain or bruises. I do my HCG SQ, and my T shots IM, so hearsay is all I know about SQ T injections.

I agree with the smaller amount but more frequently injected. Sc and im are both very effective provided the amount is held to a small amount. If the amount is small then the injection doesnt have to be deep IM. Ideally, you would want to keep you levels steady and stay away from the peaks and troughs. Good luck

[quote]KNB wrote:
The more often you inject the T shots the less potential for conversion to estrogen.
I inject 56mg’s EOD for my 200/week, you could try 28.5mg’s EOD.
There are some guys that enjoy the “boost” of a large shot when it kicks in, yet they never discuss the “crash” when levels drop.
Personally, I prefer the idea of keeping my T levels as close to even as possible from week to week in order to manage my E2 levels more closely.I’m one of the guys whose E2 likes to climb sky high, so I have to really watch it.

There are a lot of guys doing the SQ (SC) thing with good results. As long as the shot volume is small enough when injected just under the skin, it won’t cause pain or bruises. I do my HCG SQ, and my T shots IM, so hearsay is all I know about SQ T injections.
[/quote]

KNB, Thanks.I do want to keep the estrogen levels down and the consistent levels seem more reasonable than the big “boost and crash”. Not sure how I am going to respond (estrogen, free T, etc.) but I would like to avoid problems as much as possible.
IM doesn’t bother me at all so I guess I’ll stick with that at least for now.
Any suggestions as to when I may start seeing some results as far as energy libido and hopefully some leanness? Only 2 shots so far.
Again , thanks for your input.

[quote]csman wrote:
I agree with the smaller amount but more frequently injected. Sc and im are both very effective provided the amount is held to a small amount. If the amount is small then the injection doesnt have to be deep IM. Ideally, you would want to keep you levels steady and stay away from the peaks and troughs. Good luck [/quote]

csman, that does make sense about both being effective. I just hadn’t heard of it before. The T will be absorbed into the system either way. Thanks

Yes, the T will be absorbed “either way”, but not the same. The half-life of an injection varies greatly upon where it is injected.
(before anyone starts an argument, please wait)
Granted, the half-life of a particular ester is already known, but the absorption rate will vary depending upon which muscle group (or section of fat) it is injected into.
Glutes have a different absorption rate than the delts, or the quads, or belly fat, etc.
As far as “when will you notice?” goes, it takes T-Cyp between 35 and 45 days to reach maximum blood serum level according to its half life, so anywhere between now and next month is the best answer.
Every man is different when it comes to making extra estrogen, so the accepted practice is 1mg of adex per week in divided doses per 160 pounds of body weight.
I now use way more than that, but I have the b/w to show I need it. The other way is how I feel; if tired or irritable, or not in the mood to chase my woman around the house like normal, I go get my blood work done just to be safe.
I also take a few different herbs and am trying out a natural compound to see if it reduces E2 levels as has shown to in studies of others for estrogen management.
I can emphatically state if your (or my) E2 levels start to climb too high, there is probably not a T shot big enough to fix the problem, and keep it at bay.

[quote]KNB wrote:
Yes, the T will be absorbed “either way”, but not the same. The half-life of an injection varies greatly upon where it is injected.
Granted, the half-life of a particular ester is already known, but the absorption rate will vary depending upon which muscle group (or section of fat) it is injected into.
Glutes have a different absorption rate than the delts, or the quads, or belly fat, etc.
As far as “when will you notice?” goes, it takes T-Cyp between 35 and 45 days to reach maximum blood serum level according to its half life, so anywhere between now and next month is the best answer.
Every man is different when it comes to making extra estrogen, so the accepted practice is 1mg of adex per week in divided doses per 160 pounds of body weight.
I now use way more than that, but I have the b/w to show I need it. The other way is how I feel; if tired or irritable, or not in the mood to chase my woman around the house like normal, I go get my blood work done just to be safe.
I also take a few different herbs and am trying out a natural compound to see if it reduces E2 levels as has shown to in studies of others for estrogen management.
I can emphatically state if your (or my) E2 levels start to climb too high, there is probably not a T shot big enough to fix the problem, and keep it at bay.
[/quote]

So are the glutes (muscle) the preferred site for inj? That’s what I’ve been doing.
I assume b/w before any estrogen manipulation?
Thanks again for your input. You guys are learnin’ me good!!!

[quote]KNB wrote:
[/quote]

So are the glutes (muscle) the preferred site for inj? That’s what I’ve been doing.
I assume b/w before any estrogen manipulation?
Thanks again for your input. You guys are learnin’ me good!!!

I always use the glutes because I tried my quads once and hated it. A lot of guys use their quads or delts w/o a problem…
“Technically” you should have blood work done before you manipulate estrogen, but if you were to use a small dose of liquid adex every week, you could stay ahead of a potential problem.

If you’re not interested in liquid adex, you could start taking 400mg’s/day of Resveratrol (trans-resveratrol specifically), which according to studies will do a great job of estrogen management, and it’s all natural.
Cost wise, liquid adex is 80.00/year and Resveratrol is $15.00 a month.

I have read the Rez-V label and it doesn’t state if it’s trans-resveratrol or not.
I’m guessing not… Just a thought.

[quote]KNB wrote:
I always use the glutes because I tried my quads once and hated it. A lot of guys use their quads or delts w/o a problem…
“Technically” you should have blood work done before you manipulate estrogen, but if you were to use a small dose of liquid adex every week, you could stay ahead of a potential problem.

If you’re not interested in liquid adex, you could start taking 400mg’s/day of Resveratrol (trans-resveratrol specifically), which according to studies will do a great job of estrogen management, and it’s all natural.

I have read the Rez-v label and it doesn’t state if it’s trans-resveratrol or not.
I’m guessing not… Just a thought.[/quote]

Any brand preferences or suppliers? Thanks

Anyone know why my posts are coming up twice each?

[quote]J L Erwin wrote:
KNB wrote:

I have read the Rez-v label and it doesn’t state if it’s trans-resveratrol or not.
I’m guessing not… Just a thought.

Any brand preferences or suppliers? Thanks
[/quote]

PM Sent

I would be interested in this as well. PM please?

[quote]thr61 wrote:
I would be interested in this as well. PM please?[/quote]

PM Sent

I read in another post that KSman (i think it was him) mentioned using a 29ga. X 1/2" needle for injections. I couldn’t hardly get the oil to go into a 25ga.! Also, is a half inch needle only for SQ? Am I missing something because the smaller needle sure is a lot more comfortable than the 22s X 1.5" I use now. Thanks for any help.