TRT - Switching From Test Cyp to Clomid For Fertility

Height:6’
Waist: 34"
Weight: 205 pounds

Hello guys. I am a 39 year old male. I had been on 1.5 ML of Test CYP for a little over a year. My wife and I decided we wanted to have a child, so I had a semen analysis done two weeks ago. The analysis revealed that I had a 0 sperm count.

The doc made me stop the test cold turkey, which has been a mf to say the least. Wednesday I had another semen analysis and blood work done. My count was zero and my testosterone was now at 130, it was running around 600 while on trt.

The doctor called today and is starting me on 50mg of Clomid per day. I have two children from my previous marriage, 14 and 10 years of age.

What chance do I have of my sperm count coming back? How long will I have to remain on Clomid?

Over the last year and a half I have been hitting the gym regularly, lost 50 pounds and gained muscle mass when on the injections. Will Clomid give me that extra zeal that the test cyp did?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated guys.

[quote]Dwizzle wrote:
Hello guys. I am a 39 year old male. I had been on 1.5 ML of Test CYP for a little over a year. My wife and I decided we wanted to have a child, so I had a semen analysis done two weeks ago. The analysis revealed that I had a 0 sperm count.

The doc made me stop the test cold turkey, which has been a mf to say the least. Wednesday I had another semen analysis and blood work done. My count was zero and my testosterone was now at 130, it was running around 600 while on trt.

The doctor called today and is starting me on 50mg of Clomid per day. I have two children from my previous marriage, 14 and 10 years of age.

What chance do I have of my sperm count coming back? How long will I have to remain on Clomid?

Over the last year and a half I have been hitting the gym regularly, lost 50 pounds and gained muscle mass when on the injections. Will Clomid give me that extra zeal that the test cyp did?

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated guys. [/quote]

This is very subjective.
Clomid is indeed used in male infertility issues.
I don’t think your doctor plans to keep the dosage 50mg for longer than couple weeks without rest period. You need to know there can be side effects including blurness of vision and can lead to permanent damage to vision, if you experience this you need to stop immediately and contact doctor. It’s rare but it can and have happened. Other side effects are mood swings, much like our beloved wifes so nothing we wouldn’t had seen or experience. :slight_smile:

Clomid increases sperm count and mobility.

The fertility success rate is impossible to say it depends on your partner too, but studies show everything from 14% to 36% ( highest being with antioxidant treatment with vitamin-e ).

It’s not magic drug that will guarantee you child, none of the studies i’ve seen suggests even 50% chance, so be prepared to try for the baby for quite a bit if you don’t get lucky. Chances are also that it doesn’t boost your fertility as that is reported also in some cases.

Wish you and your family best of luck in your baby endeavours and life.

Divyx,

Your response is greatly appreciated. You may be surprised to know that my doctor does not want a follow up appointment for 3 month, in between that time I am to consistently take the Clomid with no break.

I have researched the side effects as you had suggested and will most definitely be looking out for them, thanks for the heads up!

I am going to purchase some vitamin-e like you had stated in hopes that it will aid in my endeavor. Hopefully, I am one of the lucky ones.

I really wish the doctor who put me on the test cyp would have told me that it was going to render me sterile, because this is extremely stressful.

At any rate, I filled my script today and have started the clomid. BCBS covered a 90 day supply for $30, not to bad. I will report back with any good or bad affects I am experiencing.

I appreciate you wishing us luck, it seems as though that is exactly what we will be needing. Best of luck to you and yours as well.

Greetings,

For those who may be interested, this is my 3rd day on 50 mg Clomid. The first two I had experienced headaches, today however, I did not.

The interesting thing, and it may be just a placebo effect, but the boys are tingling and I can tell that they are hanging noticeably lower than just a few days ago. Is that possible?

Thanks!