TRT Right or Not?

Anastrozole is a competitive with T at aromatase sites and with the ranges involved, we get that linear relationship. Changes to anastrozole that track T changes will tend to keep E2 unchanged. So what you suggest will be valid IF your T levels are linear to Nolvadex dose changes. That is a leap of faith, but would at least be a step in the right direction.

This is the chain: Nolvadex linearity of LH production involving both the hypothalamus and pituitary, LH linearity of T [and E2] production in the testes

Thank You for taking time to explain that KSman, I understand that physiological fluctuations in body can’t be tracked always linearly and it’s always a guesstimate when calculating dosage. So I’ll try the 0.25 mg/week anastrozole dose and see how my body responds.

Hello Everyone
Its been three months since I completed my HPTA restart. Here’s my latest lab updates

ESTRADIOL (E2), SERUM @ 23.22 pg/mL <39.80
(CLIA)

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 415.40 ng/dL 241.00 - 827.00
SERUM (CLIA)

Recently I again started to feel a little tired and a bit off, libido was ok though, so I got myself tested. Blood was drawn in morning so I expected my T levels to be better, kinda disappointed with the results. How should I interpret these results? Do I need to try another SERM restart? I’m still expecting parenthood so TRT is offlimits.

Nice thread.

I don’t think numbers are too bad. You almost doubled your TT. How did you feel last few months? Do you feel worse now just because of the number you see?

I would consider one more restart.

@lgs I felt good the whole time after my HPTA restart, libido was fantastic. It’s the last few weeks that I noticed some fatigue and tiresome feeling going on along with some lack of concentration and brain fog. So I decided to get myself tested.

I don’t think you will need TRT. You respond well to a SERM. Your numbers came down again but much better then before. How was your sleep, diet, stress etc? Evaluate those, might be why you are seeing the drop.

I would do another restart and perhaps stay on a very very low dose Adex to push E2 down slightly with the hope that will raise LH/FSH and your body finds a new settling point with higher T, free T and comperable E2.

My life style factors haven’t changed much so I was not expecting my T to drop that much. My hairloss had accelerated since I stopped taking finasteride, which indicate to me that my DHT levels had gotten really high. Could high DHT be a cause for depressing my HPTA?
I was also thinking about losing some fat to help my hormones achieve a better balance. Do you think a hypocaloric diet will impact the results that I’ll will get from doing a SERM restart?

I think a small and steady caloric deficit will not impact your hormones. If you try to lean out too fast, you will suffer. I have first hand experience with this. And yes, leaning out would probably balance you out better but again, keep the weight loss slow and sensible.

Thanks for your suggestions lgs

A side question: Does anyone know about using topical azelaic acid cream for hairloss? I have heard that it can effectively control scalp DHT levels. Is it safe to use in my case?