TRT Results and Advice

1 Like

He followed through! Good man

1 Like

I know, that’s a huge help to actually see it like that. Thanks again.

1 Like

So I got the results of my latest blood work today. Apparently my first blood test through shear chance was a snapshot mid freefall of my test levels. So I had my first draw and then two weeks later saw my doctor for the results. I had been in a steady state of decline leading up to my draw. In the two weeks afterwards it felt like that free fall was kicked into hyperdrive. I plain felt like shit, the worst I have ever felt in my life. So at my appointment she tells me that my test levels (at the time of the blood draw two weeks previously) was 371. So she prescribes 100mg per week. Retest in four weeks with another appointment two weeks after that. So that brings us to today. After four weeks on 100mg a week my test levels were 366!! So now she has increased my dosage to 280mg a week split into two different doses (Sundays and Wednesdays). Another test in four weeks and a follow up in six. We’ll see what happens.

Dang my SHBG is lower (22) and 75mg once weekly saw me at 600 ng/dL, trough was 440 ng/dL 6 days later. You either metabolize testosterone quickly or excrete it quickly or likely a combination of both. For this reason I don’t think twice weekly is going to be frequently enough.

It may also mean your SHBG is very low as you clearly aren’t binding testosterone strongly. A 280mg split twice weekly may do one thing well, shoot estrogen into the stratosphere.

I would have expected that 100mg would not be enough, but surprised she jumped from there to 280mg. Surprised you were started so low (though not unreasonable, this result was predictable), I think a 150-160 start would have been better, then move to 200mg. But 280? You’ll feel better with that, I’ll be surprised if not.

2 Likes

So far my SHBG is right where she wants it and so are my estrogen levels. We’ll see what happens.

She started low because I’ve never taken any sort of hormone or pro hormone or anything. She didn’t want to overshoot my levels too much. I had so other issues that she has addressed and I have seen great results. At this point I’m going to follow her directions until she gives me a reason not to. Time will tell.

At 280mg a week, I’d follow those directions too. Can’t wait to hear what you think of it.

1 Like

Now that you have almost trippled your dose i strongly suggest you do eod or daily. seriously. you will start seeing a huge change if you start dosing 2x and more than previous. this way daily you dont shock your system and can easily lower as you go if you feel its too much.