TRT Questions, Normal T Levels

Some history - I am 44 with small gonads since I can remember . Aside from them being small I have not noticed any negative effects . My libido is good and my erections are strong . I have always been a large burly guy - linebacker style . Always have been slightly large in midsection . I eat alot of food and alot of bad food as well . For 10 years ( from 20-30 ) I worked out regularly and considered myself an amateur amateur bodybuilder - then I got married with kids and lost interest in lifting . my free T levels have been around 120 the last several months .

My DHEA level is in the low normal - my thyroid is normal - my FSH is above normal and my LH is normal . MY QUESTION IS : if I inject 100mg of Test cyp each week will it improve my lifestyle if I start lifting again ? I can’t get a rx AI - so I am taking DIM 100mg daily - and using a DHEA transdermal cream . IS THIS A VIABLE APPROACH TO BRING MY LEVELS INTO NORMAL RANGE ? If I stay in normal range will it be unlikely that the T will aromatize into estrogen ?

Sir - please post the levels reported.
But before you go injecting why not try lifting and eating and overall being healthy again before taking these measures? Maybe a little lifting, cleaning up the quality of the food will set a good foundation before taking an injected approach.
Aromatization can happen from a variety of lifestyle behaviors so it is best to nip that before just taking things.

Thanks for input - but what does post levels reported mean ? Also since I am just trying to get back to a normal range what benifit would there be to wait and lift weights now with low T - regular people who don’t lift weights have normal T levels

Oh , I see what you mean about posting levels - I did not post numbers because I thought saying if in range is enough info

“In range” and “normal” are really bad problems in the medical scene. Need lab numbers and ranges. Doctors over look a lot of things. You need to look for optimal levels. Doctors are into disease management, you gave to be into health management.

There is a lot of info here in the stickies. Start with advice for new guys. Need to know a lot more data about you including:
height
weight
waste
where you carry fat
medical problems
meds, OTC and Rx
supplements
use of iodized salt - history, not just current
more as per the sticky…

Check body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky, report in C and F degrees please.

T=120 does not mean anything without lab range or units.

Post all of your lab data, including:
CBC
fasting cholesterol
fasting glucose
LH/FSH numbers and ranges
T numbers and ranges
DHEA-S
blood pressure

Going on 4th week of test C 100mg per week - all seems well - faster bigger gains in muscle size . My one concern is I will not get more bloodwork levels checked for a few months longer - what are the chances that my test will aromatize into estrogen on this dose ? I don’t take an AI and only take DIM as a precaution .

Post your labs… As suggested. No one can help you is you don’t answer the questions in the stickies. A lot of factors to consider and you prolly should have done what he said before jumping on T. Do you know if you primary or secondary? If so how? Low testosterone Is a symptom of a problem and not finding out what the underlying problem is, is another problem…

Sorry but I do not understand what the stickies are - I can only do ( legally ) what my dr prescribes for me . My gonads have always been tiny and my FSH was high for many blood tests so my dr put me on 200 mg test C eow ( which I separated into 100mg ew ). My choice was to try the test C with no AI or not do anything . I don’t want to sound like a know it all or a stubborn person but I only have a limited amount of options .

As of now I have been using 100 mg of test C per week and 200 mg DIM daily . I have been eating fairly good , sleeping good , feeling good , having good sex ( surprisingly never had problem in this area even with test blood level of 120 ( 300-1200 normal ) and lifting heavy and areobic activity regularly .

MY QUESTION FOR T-Nation is : with the limited info on me , will the 100mg of Test C weekly bring my level to a normal area and what are the odds I even need an AI to begin with . After all if my test blood level is in normal range why would it turn to estrogen ?

The stickies are articles “stuck” to the top of the list of forum topics. We want to to start by reading this:

You can ask your doc if he will consider prescribing something instead of been totally passive about what he does.

100mg T cyp should deliver high-normal T levels. Most will feel great on that, but without an AI, many will slide into E effects. To reduce T–>E2, inject your weekly amount by injecting more often. Try 50mg twice a week. Some inject EOD.

There is a protocol for injections sticky that you can read.

Sounds like you have primary hypogonadism. So the root cause is settled and not correctable.

There is not much that we can do if we do not have your lab results with lab ranges.

The dr did say I had primary hypo g . Is the fact that I am putting 100mg all at once in my body per week causing my system to see too much test at one time and forces the body to combat it by changing it to E . Is this the reason my T level could be at 600 and I NEED an AI vs a normal guy with un supplemented T and a level at 600 DOES NOT NEED AI. Thanks - I am trying to understand the dynamics of the T circle .