TRT: Protocol for Injections

Thanks, that helps a lot if everything comes in 10ml vials.

Start your own thread please.

[quote]KSman wrote:
That is a great fact to have on hand!

A study in India explored nasal spray hCG and with lab methods they could not detect serum hCG.

There are similar scams for both hGH and hCG; nasal and oral.

Are you going to confront the pharmacy?[/quote]

Iā€™ve confronted my Dr but not the pharmacy. At the end of the day it was real compounded hcg and I donā€™t believe most are aware that itā€™s inject or nothing. The same pharmacy is going to order/prescribe a 10ml/10,000 out vial for me.Apparently many compounding pharmacies can no longer compound injectables due to the federal government. I was told that this is because of another compounding pharmacy out east selling huge amounts of an injectable pain med illegally to drug dealers that resulted in hundreds injured and I believe over 60 dead back in 2011.

hCG that is not compounded cannot be sold. Many sell it compounded with vit-B12 and doc needs to script for that.

Do you believe it matters whether Adex is taken twice per week with test injection or taken in very small increments daily?

I can dose 1/7th of a mg of Adex everyday or I can dose 1/2 mg of Adex twice per week with each injection.

Is one superior over the other? Perhaps itā€™s personal preference and self experimentation is required but itā€™s always nice to get some direction from others who have already experimented.

For steady levels, the half-life of anastrozole does support ED or EOD dosing.

If you inject T once a week and do ED or EOD anastrozole, as T levels sink during the week, the amount of T that gets aromatized drop and then the amount of anastrozole in your system is too much and E2 will go low and could easily create low E2 symptoms. This is what is expected for a competitive AI. At end of week, there is too much anastrozole for the level of FT or Bio-T. In any case, lab work becomes rather useless as lab timing is the largest determinant of lab values.

When injecting twice a week, T levels are steadier, but still changing. In this case, I suggest [partly for simplicity], to take anastrozole twice a week at the time of T injections. Then T and anastrozole levels will roughly rise and fall together which will provide a better balance of FT to serum anastrozole. If injecting twice a week, EOD/ED anastrozole may not be any better while creating some dosing complications. I can see where ED would be simpler than a EOD 14 AI day cycle. As anastrozole is well and quickly absorbed and could be considered to be affecting Tā€“>E2 aromatization rates within a hour or so, and T peaks are 24 hours out, on could argue for anastrozole dosed the day after the injections. But the cost of complexity would seem to outweigh gains that might not be perceivable.

For those who wish to experiment, I encourage that. Some might not be aware of changes to their mind/body. That can be difficult. And I would never make that a recommendation from the get-go as it might be discouraging to many and perhaps lead to poor dosing discipline. In my case, the effect of a cloudy day could be more significant than any TRT dosing variations. Years ago, I would have been more in tune with perceptions of how I feel. Things are not the same since my 2010 health event.

I used to find dosing easy and rewarding years ago. Not its a burden and one can get needle fatigue. I am sensitive to what I am ā€œaskingā€ guys to do and leaning towards simplicity. I do inject T and anastrozole EOD. I tried E4D and then felt better balance when doing EOD again. I no longer hard-sell the EOD routines, but promote twice a week to reduce the medication burdens. Twice a week is a huge improvement over once a week.

Thanks for your response! So just to clarify you believe that the following is best to mirror increasing T and keeping more stable e2 levels:

Inject test twice per week. On same day take 0.5 mg Adex.

That being said, it sounds like in a perfect world, ideally you suggest dosing with Adex the day after each injection for even more stable e2?

Is that a correct interpretation?

Yes on both. But the second option has probably never been done. Probably better the next morning VS 24 hours.

And with labs, anastrozole dose may need adjustment.

Note that serum E2 levels are a balance of production and clearance rates. After a change in production rate, serum E2 will take time to follow.

Wanted to share if anyone reading would like to purchase suggested syringes online:

firstoptionmedical.com/kendall-magellan-tuberculin-safety-syringe-.5-ml-29-gauge-1-2-inch-each/ecomm-product-detail/186971/

About 3 times what Relion brand costs at Walmart for box of 100 [~$14].

This is a sticky not a forum.
We need your :ā€œcaseā€ in its own thread/top.
Open two sessions in this forum.
Edit your post above and Control-A and Control-C to copy the postā€™s content.
Open a new topic in the forum, title needs to be at least 15 characters.
In its edit window Control-V to past then click Save.
Then in this postā€™s edit window, Control-A and delete then save. You may be forced to have something, you could type ā€œdeleteā€.

Posts into this sticky should be about the subject mater, not one case.

Unfortunately, the system is not supporting stickies now.

1 Like

Hey Ksman two questions,

Obviously the e2=22 is from the sensitive assay, correct?

Also, when would be the best time to dose Anastrozole if I were taking T and anasteozole twice a week? 24 hours after? 12? Simultaneously? I am low SHBG if that effects your opinion.

Suggest taking anastrozole at time of injection to make protocol simpler to live with.

You cannot really get into ā€˜sensitiveā€™ VS ā€˜ultra sensitiveā€™ unless its in the context of a specific testing lab. Labcorp sensitive is good. It seems to be Quest that is the problem child.

If E2 gets too low, SHBG will decrease.

Thanks KsMan you once suggested I might have to have a higher dose to reach optimal levels and you were right.

It seems 100mg twice a week will take me there.

Now need to narrow down anastrozole dosing.

Could be 2x/wk or Probably MWF .25mg I am an over responder.

Going to start e3d at .25mg and take it from there.

I could go to more frequent injections but 100mg (2x/wk) could get the job done.

Honestly if I go to lower dosage and more frequent injections the Anastrozole dosing becomes difficult.

At 50mg eod for example I would need a little bit of Anastrozole but not too much.

Itā€™s easier for me to just cut the tabs in quarters.

Anyway I will post lab work in my own personal thread.

Sorry for rambling.

Do you suggest I go to more frequent injections and adjust Adex with a liquid formula? Or do you think 100mg (2x/wk) is sufficient if I trough at around 750-800 with free T at the top of the range.

This needs to go to your own thread. Please ping me at KSman is here thread.

You need the liquid.

Other items need discussion of lab values.

I could not find where they sell hCG, I sent them a email asking about it, do they call it a deferent name?

hCG is hCG, there are some brand names. Ask if that is a brand of hCG.
If shipped to you, insist on shipping it dry so you can reconstitute it.

Ksman,

What do you think about some docs going daily with HCG at about 100-125iu per day?

Great docs!

But with the half-life of hCG. 250iu EOD is better because injecting everyday gets old.

1 Like

Great thread. Thanks for the wealth of information. I have been trying to follow your guidelines, KSman. I am running low on hcg and my supplier has no more available. I donā€™t have other avenues (I was lucky to find this one). He is suggesting clomid as an alternative. Would that be advisable? If not, what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance.