T Nation

TRT & Prohormones

1.5ml of DepoTest every two weeks, for the past 2yrs with little to no noticable increase in energy levels or motivation. Physician isn’t much help, furthermore I’m concerned if I ask him my questions he’ll stop seeing me. Recently started taking the below listed “ProHormones”, in an effort to gain some motivation in the gym and trim up.

-500mg Epiandrosterone: is a precursor to Stanolone, also known as Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
-100mg Androsterone: is a metabolite of testosterone that can also be found naturally occurring in pine pollen and converts to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
-100mg Laxogenin: Laxogenin is a steroidal sapogenin isolated from the steroidal plant Smilax Sieboldi.

These supplements have increased energy & motivation in the gym significantly, I’m in the middle of week three of a six to eight week cycle.

Question is should I be concerned with these supplements messing up my TRT when I’m done with the cycle? Should I be concerned with “post cycle therepy”?

Prohormones can permanently screw you up and they have a ton of sides. You need to educate yourself because most doctor’s are clueless when it comes to balancing male hormones, injections every two weeks is stupid, that what they did back in the clinical trials over a decade ago. You need to inject 50mg twice weekly to avoid the peaks and valleys. Injecting T is not like injecting heroin where you get an instant high, you must give it a few months to kick in and sooner or later you’ll start noticing you’re feeling a little better each month as long as your hormones are balanced otherwise you’re spinning your wheels getting nowhere.

Once you do start TRT in the beginning you will feel great and then when your pituitary gland shuts down you must wait a few months for the medicine to kick in. Your dosage is all wrong, 1.5ml is the volume of medicine, not the mg. Mg together with ml equals your dosage. You need to read the sticky threads so you can become more informed then most doctors and be able to vet them the next time you see a new doctor you’ll know whether or not they’ll be able to help you or hurt you as this doctor is doing.

Like he said …

You should be self-injecting 50mg T twice a week, subq, not IM with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe.
Most need 0.5mg anastrozole at time of T injections.
Testes shrinking? 250iu hCG subq EOD

Do not ignore the thyroid and iodine issue below, check oral body temperatures. Most guys who come here have some thyroid/iodine issues and the effects are as bad as low T.

When on TRT, there is no such thing as PCT.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.