TRT Not So Safe After All?

I have low T but still considering doing something about it BUT when I see stuff like this http://classaction.ca/testosterone?gclid=Cj0KEQiAr9ymBRDdqYrH6Mj5170BEiQAcRUsi2coAq3NWv5o_N6YEqtp_EgYYegF6177FbcxKT0BRogaAlly8P8HAQ I wonder if the treatments are really safe ? I am 31 and the last thing I want is to make anymore ham to myself. What gives fellows, is TRT safe in the long run if I do everything right and manage my blood work? Any testimonial would help…

Come on, dude. You’re linking to a plaintiffs’ lawyers’ site that’s trying to recruit people to sue. Looks like they are also suing UPS, IMAX, and Blackberry. Please. Link to scientific article, like in a medical journal (with any luck, a reputable one) if you want to raise concerns about TRT. I think you’re likely to find that it’s worth it when indicated, and not when it’s not. Go figure. Have you gotten blood labs that make you think you might be a candidate?

I just notice that the link I posted is actually just an AD and probably spam that pops out on my google search. My bad…

My GP is a semi retired over worked practicioner who only let me get a blood test that included total testosterone ( 240 ) and TSH (boderline). Even after being on 4 different antidepressant my GP does not think trt can help. I went to another doctor who said the same thing even tho I feel like shit. I still believe trt can help if its available for me…

A problem with TRT is that it eventually causes irreversible changes in your body’s hormone system so that it can no longer naturally produce its own testosterone. So once you have been on TRT for a while you are stuck on it for life. TRT is not something you can experiment with on a trial basis to see whether you like it.

TRT means life long injections, blood tests, and monitoring. A big commitment so you want to be sure it is the right decision for you.

That said, I have been on TRT for a year and a half and I love it. More strength, more stamina, more toned body, less fat, more energy, better sex. But I started at age 70.

Rambo,

I see that you visited the ‘finding a TRT doc’ sticky. So you can go from there. If you are in the USA, you can order your own labs in most States and pay out-of-pocket.

There was a Harvard Medical School study a few years ago that showed that men lived healthier and longer lives if they had higher T levels.

Low T is associated with fat, increased estrogen, estrogen dominance, insulin resistance, diabetes, endothelial dysfunction and heart disease. And low sexual function is not much fun. Then there is weak bones, muscles and falls with broken hips - with a poor 1 year survival rate.

With the TRT fear mongering in 2014, a researcher looked at health outcomes of males on TRT and compared to their low-T peers and found that heart attacks and strokes were reduced by 30%. The ads on TV for TRT lawsuits stopped almost over night. I see that there have been a few such ads in the last two weeks … I guess that they did not get the memo.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections

Many here have some thyroid issues - see the sticky.

Thanks guy. I appreciate the feedback.

Funny look what I found : http://www.pressreleaserocket.net/judge-in-low-testosterone-drug-lawsuits-denies-defendants-motion-to-dismiss-nearly-40-testosterone-complaints-reports-wright-schulte-llc/41202/

[quote]bikeguy wrote:
A problem with TRT is that it eventually causes irreversible changes in your body’s hormone system so that it can no longer naturally produce its own testosterone. So once you have been on TRT for a while you are stuck on it for life. TRT is not something you can experiment with on a trial basis to see whether you like it.

TRT means life long injections, blood tests, and monitoring. A big commitment so you want to be sure it is the right decision for you.

That said, I have been on TRT for a year and a half and I love it. More strength, more stamina, more toned body, less fat, more energy, better sex. But I started at age 70.
[/quote]

This pretty much lays it out. It’s a life-long commitment, and it shouldn’t played with lightly.

I think the biggest problem with TRT is the education level of many of the doctors is staggeringly low. They often are significantly behind the ‘bro-science’ of the internet.

There are people on the board that will argue the internet ‘bro-science’ is complete garbage and only clinical trials produce meaningful information. I don’t agree. I know in my own industry, there is a large disconnect between what is done in practice and what techniques actually have technical papers written on them. Does that mean what we do in practice is invalid? I suspect not. My take is that the documentation is simple lagging behind what is actually done.

Having said all this, if you can find a good TRT doctor (see stickies) who has a good starting protocol and is willing to listen and work with you as an individual, then you’ll be in a much better position. We all respond differently and getting your body dialed can be difficult. However, if you have a little patience and do get it dialed in, it can make a massive difference in your physical and mental well-being.