TRT Making You Snore?

I could not find very much about this on T-nation or the WWW.

I do not normally snore much at all. On occasion I have been told. With TRT it is becoming frequent, but as snoring goes is minor and certainly not an issue of obstructive sleep disorder or apnea.

Anyone else notice this? For me, seems to have also increased a bit more since starting anti-E AI (arimidex).

Taking amino acids before bed seems to make snoring more of an issue, but that also makes me dream a lot, so sleeping is also otherwise affect by the amino acids.

My wife says my storing has gone from being rare to a lot more frequent since I’ve been on TRT. I do think I am sleeping more soundly too, but have no idea why I’m snoring more either.

You aren’t getting fatter are you? :wink:

[quote]vroom wrote:
You aren’t getting fatter are you? ;)[/quote]

Most guys on ‘effective’ TRT will be gaining muscle and loosing fat, with little weight change overall. Myself; have lost fat 20–>15% and gained a few pounds.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Most guys on ‘effective’ TRT will be gaining muscle and loosing fat, with little weight change overall. Myself; have lost fat 20–>15% and gained a few pounds.[/quote]

I know… I was just being an ass.

[quote]vroom wrote:
You aren’t getting fatter are you? ;)[/quote]

Not at all, I’m actually the leanest I’ve been in years and quite a bit more muscular as the TRT has been quite a help in my training.

Can’t think of a good reason for the snoring. Any other ideas?

[quote]deadlifter405 wrote:
vroom wrote:
You aren’t getting fatter are you? :wink:

Not at all, I’m actually the leanest I’ve been in years and quite a bit more muscular as the TRT has been quite a help in my training.

Can’t think of a good reason for the snoring. Any other ideas?[/quote]

Do you have allergies? I know when mine kick it, which seem to almost all the time now, that my snoring goes way up. You don’t have to be all stuffed up, just a little to get you mouth breathing in your sleep. I would also ask your sleeping partner if you are gasping during your snoring sessions.

By this I mean, is there short periods of silence (no snoring) then do you snap in a gasp of air? You don’t have to wake up to be doing this. This doesn’t have to be apnea, it could be sinus problems. Best to find out anyway. Sleep studies are the only way do determine if it is apnea or not.

My only theory is this - Since I have started taking ZMA, I have also started to snore again.

My theory is that some of us are predesposed, since adolescence to snore for whatever reason. I hadn’t snored in years, since highschool. But Once I started taking ZMA, my body started sleeping sound again for the first time in probably years, then right back up with the snoring.

I know that favorable body chemistry, especially hormones, will definitely help one sleep sounder. The sounder and harder you sleep, the more likely it is that you will snore, given that you were prior a person who snored.

I know the weight thing has some merit, but Im not completely buying it. I snored heavy in highschool, to the point that I needed my own room, and I weighed anywhere from 125 - 160 depending upon the sport I was playing.

Androgel actually lists snoring (sleep apnea) as a possible side effect.
Previous to starting Anrogel I never snored. Now my wife slaps me a few times a week for keeping her up.
Breathe Right strips help but not a cure.