T Nation

TRT Low T

Hey guys,

First post...so sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.

I'm 30 years from the UK and for the past 6 years I was feeling very tired, not gaining any muscle, no energy, no lack of motivation and my gym work outs were pretty rubbish , even though I was trying to do push/hard workouts.

I didn't understand why I couldn't lift what I used to and why I was constantly fatigued and tired.

I told my doctors who said it was a case of low Vitamin D: which after bloods was the case. But as the years went on, my workouts didn't improve and I had no desire to leave the house, go anyone, do things or even lift.

I was googling my symptoms and low T came up time and time again. I had bloods taken and that was the case. The doctor prescribed me AndroGel and been on it for the last 7 months as my TRT.

Nothing improved and actually felt worse on it than before. I came off it 2 days before I went to the doctors (last week) who took my bloods again and my T levels are 1/10th of what they should be at 0.8 nmol/L, the normal range should be 8.60 - 29.00 nmol/L.

My sex hormone is a little but low at 11.5 nmol: normal 14.00 - 48.00nmol/L and I don't feel like having sex or anything.

My doctor has now prescribed my Restandol testocaps to take 4 a day: 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I've now been on them for 2 days.

My question is will I get better? My mood is low, and I have no desire to do anything. If this improves then I can turn it around in my opinion.

Even though for the last 6 years I've been hitting the gym, tryingly hardest, taking protein supplements, I've not managed to gain any muscle, is that because of the low T?

Is there anything I can do to get back to normal?

Any help would be appreciated.

What is? “My sex hormone”

Please post all labs with ranges. Yes your T is low, we need to find the cause and low T is a symptom, not a diagnosis or root cause.

See the advice for new guys sticky for more info for you and other things to post.

Typically when we see guys who cannot absorb transdermal T, there is a [subclinical] hypothyroidism. Please see the thyroid basics sticky. Have you always used iodized salt? Are your body temperatures low? Outer eyebrows sparse? Get cold easily?

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH If high, your testes have failed, primary hypogonadism, if low, secondary
prolactin
TSH
fT3
fT4
AM cortisol, test at 8AM

Take 5000iu vit-D3 per day. 25,000 for the first 5 days.
Do you get sun exposure?
If skin is dark, vit-D3 from sunlight is greatly reduced.

What has happened to your scrotum? Hangs OK or pulled up. Size and firmness of testes?

Please re-read this post and note all details.