T Nation

TRT Lifters

I’ve finally dialed in my TRT regimen, my tt is 1071 on a 250-1100 scale my doc suggests that I’ve been like this for about two weeks now. I also happen to lift Olympic, have for years. I suspect that I’ve been low t for about a decade being I my mid-late 40s. I’m suddenly packing on muscle like no ones business. My wife grabbed my bicep tonight and said “holy shit! It’s embarrassing but this is sexy as hell!” I’m gaining weight and dropping BMI I’m down almost a percent in about a week.

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s almost miraculous.

Hey 3PC,

I started my TRT a year ago and had similar results. Besides all of the QOL and Libido benefits I couldn’t believe the gains in my workouts. I never lifted Olympic (not sure what that is) but have always lifted for the strength benefits for Martial Arts. I was the ABKA National Kickboxing Champion back in the “90s”, (just an old washed up ‘has been’ now). I’ve always tried to stay in shape but due to some injuries I had not lifted for years.

I had started lifting a year before starting TRT and felt better but saw very little in the way of strength gains or loss of BF. After starting TRT I started tracking my gains very carefully. I went from a working set of 175lbs. on bench to 250lbs. in 12 weeks. It was like that on everything. BF went down…waist size went down…arm size, chest, legs, etc. went up.
I went off of TRT for 5 months due to some extensive travel…lost quite a bit of my gains…wasn’t working out either. I just started back less than a month ago and have already seen remarkable progress again. I am writing down everything and will keep you posted…keep us posted on your progress too. What is your injection protocol and what is Olymipic lifting? BTW I’m 57.

EZrider

Just working with olympic free weights exclusively. 7ft 45lb bar, etc. squats, overhead presses, bench presses, barbell rows, deadlifts, etc. No cables, no machines. I work out in my garage.

100mg t-cyp e3d
250 iu hcg e2d
.25 arimidex e2d

I’m frankly thinking of trying a blast and cruise - just to see what it might do for me. Figure my HPTA is most likely fraked anyway since I’m secondary.

How often where you training while gaining muscle and losing fat? I’m training 6 days with one off. Also did you find an increase in appetite? How did you handle that? Did you eat a lot in order to gain?

[quote]EZrider wrote:
Hey 3PC,

I started my TRT a year ago and had similar results. Besides all of the QOL and Libido benefits I couldn’t believe the gains in my workouts. I never lifted Olympic (not sure what that is) but have always lifted for the strength benefits for Martial Arts. I was the ABKA National Kickboxing Champion back in the “90s”, (just an old washed up ‘has been’ now). I’ve always tried to stay in shape but due to some injuries I had not lifted for years.

I had started lifting a year before starting TRT and felt better but saw very little in the way of strength gains or loss of BF. After starting TRT I started tracking my gains very carefully. I went from a working set of 175lbs. on bench to 250lbs. in 12 weeks. It was like that on everything. BF went down…waist size went down…arm size, chest, legs, etc. went up.
I went off of TRT for 5 months due to some extensive travel…lost quite a bit of my gains…wasn’t working out either. I just started back less than a month ago and have already seen remarkable progress again. I am writing down everything and will keep you posted…keep us posted on your progress too. What is your injection protocol and what is Olymipic lifting? BTW I’m 57.

EZrider[/quote]

I was training 4 days per week and use mostly free weights but I have a couple of great machines that help with mixing it up a little…they also help with leg presses and leg extensions. I use a lot of dumbells too. I am using Dorian Yates “Blood and Guts” workout. I downloaded it from bodybuilding.com I have also used Kris Gethins 12 week trainer. I do ab work and cardio on off days.

I was eating 6X per day counting my protein shake. Trying to eat healthy with lots of lean protein. I wasn’t trying to gain weight just transfer from fat to muscle.

I would hold off on the blast/cruise for a while. As long as you are still seeing gains with what you are doing just stick with that. Once you reach a plateau then would be the time to kick in a little extra.