TRT, Knee and Low Back Pain

Good afternoon I’m currently running 250mg of testosterone Cyp every 7days after getting my testosterone level checked and getting a score of 280 I’m a 33yo male with no previous use.
Been using around `6months no problems until about 2 months ago I started to get bad inside lcl area knee pain also my old low back injury has been playing up.
I have had new bloods done and waiting for results is it normal to get joint pain on test

Hello.
Are you taking a AI with the T? Joint pain is associated with E levels.

1 Like

Too much test. You should likely be at half that dosage and pinning 2x per week. Has your activity level changed since you started? Low E2 can cause joint pain but you likely have high E2 because of all that test and you didn’t mention running an AI. Your strength is going to increase dramatically but your connective tissue won’t keep up. So back to the first question… have you been pushing harder at the gym or other type of physical activity?

1 Like

T does not cause joint pain.

Please post labs with ranges.
Not just hormones!
Do not skip “normal” results.

With the TRT, have you started working out?
Connective tissue is easily strained. Muscle strength can gained fast but avascular connective tissue time scales are on the order of months or years.

TRT typically requires T, hCG and anastrozole.
E2 management typically is mission critical.

Have you been gaining or loosing fat?
What about belly and hips?
Any sign of gyno? Feel grains of rice on your chest?
Moody, bitchy or intolerant?

Did you get these tested?
LH/FSH before TRT?
Prolactin?

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like

That’s a whopper of a dose, most guys can’t handle that much testosterone. Unless you have sky high SHBG inject doses twice weekly and take AI on injection days.

1 Like

I haven’t been overdoing things in the gym since I’ve started really just living normally lifting 3x a week not that heavy, I’ve lost lots of body fat since I’ve started so didn’t see the need for Ai on that dose.
Thank you for your reply
I’ll post bloods up as soon as there in

No ai lost body fat over 6 months so didn’t see the need for ai, went from around 19/20% to around 12% fat

Currently 6ft and around 185lbs

There is no need to test LH/FSH anymore as they will be zero on test. Yes, please post results when you get them.

1 Like