T Nation

TRT Injection Frequency

All right guys, i have a doctors appointment Monday for mostly concerning my TRT my doctor has me on a 200mg every four weeks injection, I really want to be able to show him documented evidence that something on the lines of 100mg per week would be in my better interest.

i have done a bit of searching but i am not satisfied in my finding. maybe its the words i am searching with…anyways i need your guys help if you can

i have located

http://books.google.com/books?id=mhE43WPDvisC&pg=PA358&lpg=PA358&dq=testosterone+replacement+therapy+injection+frequency&source=web&ots=Stzq1P28YT&sig=zfrhEI83A5f7vQb13WOBLVz2UhI&hl=en#PPA341,M1
around page 341 touches base on my concerns

found this one here in the “over 35 lifter forum”
http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/hypogonadism.pdf

i need some more technical references to push my point in wanting stable serum testosterone concentration levels

anyone?

I would keep researching trying to find more to back you up but, if he still wont budge and up the test try looking for a more open minded doc. Theres plenty out there you just have to find them.

Try explaining to him that you would like to be in the high-normal range.

Sorry I dont have any text for you, I will try searching myself and see if anything pops up.

bmc

that would be appreciated! I’ve done plenty of searching but sometimes someone else’s search word combinations pull better results

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

cypionate, thats my point.
i have planty of enan on hand! but have yet to commit to a cycle!

patience! “i can wait a little longer”

i dont want to screw with my trt until i can fully evaluate how i do with medium to high semi stable serum t-levels

its all to clear to me now how ive been feeling the last 2 yrs and the results of all my hard work in training being slow to make gains

to my experiments with diet i dont seem to metabolize higher cal intakes very well leading easily to fat gains…sound kinda low t-related maybe?

I’m on TRT, dr prescribed every three weeks with TestC- which has given me the worst fucking bacne and chacne ever!!! Then again I paid 95$ for 10ml… yeah, I’ll let that sink in for a sec.
I’ve changed my dosage to every two weeks now and will go every week@100mg when I get my E in. Can’t believe it is less expensive to go the way of a source than to be legit.
anyhow- that’s all an aside- the crappy thing is that when he writes it for every 4 or three or whatever, he only gets you enough to last for xx time… then you have to go back. I would say that if he’s not willing to listen to dosing requirements to make a difference, then just say fine and go the source route with your E, but keep the script for legality purpose.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Injecting enanthate every other day provides the most stable levels. Twice a week is still very effective and most people won’t notice the differance. At once a week you will most likely notice a dip a day or two before your shot. Anything longer than that is abysmal.

Most doctors will prescribe every other week up to once a month! The half-life is around 5 days, so anything much longer will cause a roller coaster of emotions. It’s amazing how doctors can overlook such a simple concept.

Some people think EOD is overkill. With using 30G pins the benefits of stable levels overshadows the pain of the needle IMO.

I would imagine if I was using a 21G I wouldn’t be so excited using a high frequency protocol.

so has anyone run across any technical docs that reference closer together injecting frequency?

There is so much info in the Over 35 section it is uncanny. Not all technical documents per say but there are a lot of them contained therein. Sorry, I don’t have them all lined up for you but they are there. For starters search KSman’s & happydog48’s posts. You are bound to find some good links that way.

happydog had put together a web page at one time that contained a ton of good info, I will see if I can find it.

Here it is.

http://www.happydog.net/hrtlinks.html

Maybe there is some info in here to help you out.

i originally posted a similiar thread there in “the over 35 lifter”

http://www.happydog.net/hrtlinks.html

thanks

no, not doing E 1x week. I’d do it twice a week if I could. Sadly, I only have enough right now to be on my “prescribed” dose- but that needs to change as I feel it’s pointless to be going EOW on C@200mg/1cc… it’s just dumb- Going to switch over to E and go 250mg/week on two pins. M-Th split, as if I was on. Then, when I go on again I’ll just up the dose and go to 750/800-wk bi-pin.
Hope that cleared up the confusion in my post. Either way- going to the chemist is a rip, but having a legal reason to have my supply is worth it IMO.

today went well, got aprroved for 200 mgs e2wks
i could run it either way 100 mgs week or 200 every 2 weeks

anyways the point is i got what i was after

so now the question reigns i got my next blood work due in about 15 wks

so if i ran a 10 weeker @ 500mg then dropped back to 100 mg wk at wk 11 up to test time would i raise any red flags

all were testing for next time around is t,t-free also estrogen per my request

t-levels should stabilize in 4-5 wks correct

If it was me I would wait till your blood tests were done and over with. Then start your blast cycle.

But you decide to go ahead, your timing better be perfect or else your Dr might want to back off the dosage. And I don’t think you would want that considering what you just went through to get your dosage to this point.

Just my 2 cents

[quote]hangiron wrote:
today went well, got aprroved for 200 mgs e2wks
i could run it either way 100 mgs week or 200 every 2 weeks

anyways the point is i got what i was after

so now the question reigns i got my next blood work due in about 15 wks

so if i ran a 10 weeker @ 500mg then dropped back to 100 mg wk at wk 11 up to test time would i raise any red flags [/quote]

Your levels should be back down to a normal range after four weeks. If you wanna be on the safe side, just run a 8 week blast and then you’ll be OK.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
If it was me I would wait till your blood tests were done and over with. Then start your blast cycle.

But you decide to go ahead, your timing better be perfect or else your Dr might want to back off the dosage. And I don’t think you would want that considering what you just went through to get your dosage to this point.

Just my 2 cents[/quote]

maybe your right.

its tough not too think about it like this, after about 2 months of planning and piecing, and you got all your supp’s in line its kinda on your mind …know what i mean

I’m prescribed 200mg/week of T-Cyp. I choose to inject 56mg EOD, with my HCG on the opposite EOD. Yeah, so I stick myself every day, but I know what going on with my body too.
I second the notion of waiting to start your blast cycle. Screwing up a blood test may cause the doctor to cut your dosage, and then it will be really tough to get the dosage re-upped. The half-life calculator is your friend to figure out where your blood levels are. The catch is is you have to have at least two blood tests as reference numbers.

Before I started on HCG, I would know the results of my blood test before it happened, I just had blood work done and came in at 1121 instead of the 850 I had planned to hit, so I have to be re-tested in a month to stop the insurance company from pressuring my doctor to lower my dose. My script says “use as directed” not 200/week so legally we are in the clear, but I need to “pass” the next test. That I can do easy, now I know how much HCG adds to my TT numbers. I hope this helps.