TRT/HRT in the UK?

Hi,

I have had my latest testosterone readings and it has come in at 15.5, which, give age and symptoms, suggests to me low levels. In order to get treatment from Optimale how do I go about ding this?

I really do feel that with TT at a mere 15.6 I have to take some action!

Joe

@jb93

21nmol/L is pretty much where the average person would and should be at your age, you’d be reluctant to get much higher than that, possibly achieved with a strict diet, consisting of a balanced diet not forgetting healthy fats from fish, nuts and things like avocado.

I have yet to receive any sort of medication or treatment because the NHS endocrinologist I saw at a NHS Treatment centre suggest that 8.4nmol/L was not low enough for it to be concerning a hormone unbalancing, yet I lack of body hair, no leg hair, I have gynocomstia which he had diagnosed himself! He then spoke about stress on the body, concerning the hormone Cortisol in which he thrived a new set of tests.

24hr Cortisol urine collection
Overnight dexamethasone suppression test
Full hormone panel for Hypogonadism

I received a letter from him weeks after saying that everything came back normal, although I didn’t receive a copy of the results myself but im assuming the low testosterone cannot be stress/cortisol related if they came back normal, I had rang them to ask and she offered a number over the phone for my testosterone which came back at 14.2nmol/L which is still pretty low and then requested that the endocrine would send me paper copies of my results which I haven’t heard or seen yet,

I had the following tests done from the most recent request from the endocrine
Prolactin
Oestodiol/Estrogen
Testosterone
LH
FSH
Cortisol
TSH

Treatment from Optimale would depend on your individual circumstances. The best option is to go on their website and fill in their A D A M questionnaire and they will email you in the follow up to discuss your symptoms and recent tests and then direct you in what will be best for you. On the other hand I can assure you they wouldn’t treat you based on testosterone being 15.6nmol/L but if there are any other abnormalities may result in treatment.

Shaun.