TRT Honeymoon Phase, HPTA Shutdown

If you have hypogonadism i would suggest a pituitary MRI regardless of labs. Elevated prolactin can indicate a tumor.

You never know.

Hi Charlie, prolactin levels I’ve had done are as follows:

6/13/17 - 7.1ng/ml Ref Range 2.1 - 17.7

1/24/18 - 10.1ng/ml Ref Range 2.1 - 17.7 (this one was after 6 months of TRT)

Like you said, maybe I should just do it anyway. I’ve seen others on the boards who had normal prolactin levels and still turned out to have a tumor.

I had a mri. Prolactin was fine too. MRI was normal thankfully. I think it’s extremely important especially for the young fellows to get an MRI when they have an endocrine/hormone issue That requires hormone replacement

I agree, my Uro who put me on TRT last year didn’t go with an MRI due to blood work but I do wish now I’d had one done.

Why are you injecting 20 mg every other day?

Defy recommendations (based on low SHBG), I was originally doing 30 EOD but I was getting panic attacks 2-3 hours after every shot. They recommended coming down to 20, which I’ve been at for 2 weeks.

@jpt365

what’s your shbg level? I missed it…

SHBG: 15 Range 14.55-94.64

From last panel, about a month ago.

Good advice to go EOD shots.

It’s so weird, I felt amazing at 200mg every two weeks last year (my first TRT run). Even after my very first shot I felt amazing. Had some dropping off of energy toward the end of the two weeks but never any anxiety. Of course I paid dearly with massive panic attacks after 6 months at that dosage/frequency due to high E2.

Right now I’m up and down multiple times a day.

Yea I had to split ways with her. It sucks because I feel like this disorder has consumed my life. When you say different esters what do you mean?

What is your total T regularly with that protocol?

So how do you feel so far with with that protocol ??? I have low SHBG and its anywhere from 17-20 the more T you inject the further it will get suppressed.

Im currently doing 20 mg ED but I also take HCG and a A.I as well

Has anyone ever heard of low testosterone being connected with multiple sclerosis?

I think one of the main goals for everyone is to find out the cause of why they developed low T. Once you figure that out you will have a better base line on how to treat your diagnosis. I know that some people like my self are diagnosed with idiopathic low T but I some how don’t believe in that diagnosis. Something went wrong in the body complex system and I do believe that there are ways to figure what went wrong it is just a matter of trial and error and also doing your own research and looking a bigger picture. I am really determined to find out what caused my low T because it can be a symptom of a bigger health issue.

Esters generally alter the rate which test is absorbed in your system. You have test cyp, test enan, test prop.

No idea yet, have to get bloods done at 8 weeks. Only at 5 1/2 weeks now.

I’m feeling better than I did a few weeks ago, that’s for sure. I was feeling great here and there a little over a week ago. Now I feel tired, slightly depressed but anxiety is better. My body has probably stopped producing it’s own test by now so I might have to wait a while until I feel good again.

Damn, 20mg a day seems like a lot. I’m on 20mg EOD, started at 30mg but was getting panic attacks so backed it down. Was prescribed an AI but never took it because my E2 is 20, don’t want to crash it unnecessarily.

Not sure if MS causes it or not but it seems a lot of men with MS do have low T. You could ask physiolojik, he’s been open with the fact that he has MS. He’s also a doctor and will be able to give you more insight.