TRT for Hypogo 3rd Class Medical for Pilots

Body temperatures? fT3 is good. So if body temperatures are low, its not because serum fT3 is low.

[quote]Fat Boy 33 wrote:
Hmmm, I thought there was a FSH component of hCG. It’s definitely used to keep people on exogenous testosterone fertile. I don’t claim to have the whole endocrine system figured out, so I’m not trying to be argumentative. The connection with hCG and spermatogenesis is definitely there. It may have nothing to do with FSH, but there are several interactions going on.[/quote]

That may be true for those not on exogenous testosterone. With hCG monoterapy there may still be enough FSH to do the job and with the increase in T will certainly be more effective. However most people (not all) will have FSH near zero on exogenous sources. So in a way you’re right hCG is associated with fertility but not directly like so many suggest. I didn’t bother to say anything when I saw people claim that it worked that way but I don’t like people being misinformed.

Before TRT my sperm count was low but still close to the normal range. On Test Cyp/hCG/anastrozole it’s literally zero. I was shocked because everyone says here that hCG works to maintain fertility. I did the research and found out they were wrong.

Body temps are normal 97.7 97.9 in morning and normal temp during the day. You guys are all full of information. Thanks for trying to fill in some of the blanks for me. I am currently taking 100 mg of test cyp injected twice a week (doc says only once a week) but since I’m not getting any AI I’m going for twice a week. I have started Vitamin D at 2500 per day for 5 days and 5000 a day after that. I am now taking a daily multi vitamin that includes iodine among other things. I am also taking fish oil every day. Right now I feel okay. Not super charged but not sick either. I remember feeling better though.

My biggest concern is that I am not taking any hCG nor am I taking any AI. At this point my dr says I don’t need them because my E2 is 26 and my LH is present. I believe he wants to wait for the next blood results before thinking about anything else but T replacement. My concern comes from what I have read here that my E2 will spike and negate any T replacement or worse reduce cell receptors and secondly that my balls will disappear from lack of stimulation via LH which will go away from the insertion of Testosterone (not from my testes).

I have been on T for one week and feel okay so far. I will have a follow up with the Dr in three weeks. I just got back a FBC and everything is within normal range. I know that within range is taboo around here but we aren’t talking hormones here that I know of. If the numbers are important then tell me which numbers you would like to know. The test was CBC With differential/Platelet.

As of right now I feel like I am on hold until I feel bad or until my next Dr apt in 4 weeks.

Well physicians have a great deal of responsibility and rightfully should progress with caution. They don’t prescribe drugs because it’s fun but rather evaluate if there is a known reason. In other words if there is no E2 issue then you don’t prescribe an AI. If there are gonadotropins present you don’t prescribe hCG. And if there are any side effects to medication the only way to know which one is the cause is if they are prescribed one at a time. We’ve seen guys that don’t need an AI and even though it’s rare it doesn’t warrant prescribing it for all. There are some treatments in medicine that have been proven to work together like in TB or h.pylori infections but that’s only after many research trials and clinical findings.

The LH likely will drop to zero or close to it and the E2 is highly likely to become elevated. Just don’t let the first E2 lab take place months down the road. Get one in the first 6-8 weeks. Monitor the testes volume daily and possibly even find an object you can compare it to for reference because from day to day judgement may be off. It sounds to me like the doc is acting responsibly on your behalf. Beneficence and non-maleficence.

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful insights Charlie Two Seven. We all want to be proactive and not reactive regarding our health, but like I said in an earlier post the trust between the doc and me is going to be a two way deal. I have to give this time to play out a bit so he can learn to trust me as well. I’m a lot newer to this than him. I’ll keep you posted as to the progress.

Okay so I’ve lost my post twice now so it is getting really short now because I’m out of time. My dr sucks he won’t prescribe HGC on an AI. My free T has gone from 4.4 to 13.7. My E2 has gone from 26 to 46. Prolactin from 5.9 to 11.0. LH from 3.4 to .4 and FSH from 4.4 to .4.

I have been on TRT for about 5 weeks now. The first week I felt okay but the second week was better. Wood every night and every morning. Energy was good and I wanted to go exercise. But for Each of the last three weeks it has been slipping. Not as much energy and no wood at night or in the morning.

I need to switch to a new dr cause this one can’t be reasoned with. I tried but…he is a dick. Until I find another doc I want to get some HGC and an AI. I want to get this E2 under control and get my shrinking testes to stop aching. I have seen a site all things male. They offer consultation and TRT. Any thoughts on this or other suggestions? No prescriptions would be okay for now until I can find an Endo that will satisfy my needs and the FAA…

Tymer5, just wondering if you have any updates? I’m in a similar situation, although I haven’t flown in a while, I’m hoping to get back into it shortly. I have Low T but am apprehensive about doing anything about it as I’m worried it will cause issues with getting my medical reissued. Just before I found your post today, I was looking at the all things male website and was thinking he might be the way to go since he is close to where I live and there shouldn’t be any issues with doing TRT correctly, as it looks like he does a pretty good job with it. BTW, I’m also an engineer, EE though…

Tymer5, just wondering if you have any updates? I’m in a similar situation, although I haven’t flown in a while, I’m hoping to get back into it shortly. I have Low T but am apprehensive about doing anything about it as I’m worried it will cause issues with getting my medical reissued. Just before I found your post today, I was looking at the all things male website and was thinking he might be the way to go since he is close to where I live and there shouldn’t be any issues with doing TRT correctly, as it looks like he does a pretty good job with it. BTW, I’m also an engineer, EE though…