T Nation

TRT for 7 Years, Coming Off

I really need your help KSman.
I’ve been reading your posts, among others throughout the forums for the past several years. I’ve enjoyed them all, and never had any questions that couldn’t be answered through searches or just browsing the forums. But now I’m in need of your advice.

I was diagnosed with testicular cancer 11 years ago (31 now), and had my right Teste removed. I never had any chemo or post cancer therapy. Just usual CT scans etc. I went without TRT for 4 years, but always felt that I needed it, I was just above the baseline for being too low. I’m in Canada and I think the low threshold is 8. Not sure of the units, I was a 9. Eventually I got on it. Started with Androgel, then to Axiron (hated it) now on injections. My current T value is 27, the high limit is 29 I believe.
All my other values are within range according to the doc. I don’t have them handy, but could get them if you’d like to see.
My problem is this.

My wife and I want to have a baby, my sperm count was at zero. Endo I saw today told me I have to come off TRT cold turkey starting now. He won’t prescribe me HCG or anything else. To ease this a bit, is there anything I can do? Take vitamins? herbs? anything. I know what I’m going to feel like, and I know it will be horrible.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

D.

That’s a ridiculous solution. Your doc is an idiot. Don’t come off. Just get Clomid or HCG on your own.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
That’s a ridiculous solution. Your doc is an idiot. Don’t come off. Just get Clomid or HCG on your own.[/quote]

This.

I agree.
That’s what I’ll try to do.