TRT for 24 Year Old

Hi, new to this forum and have been looking at quite a few posts here beforehand.

Just wanted some advice, I am 24, always been active, work shift work in emergency services and have been struggling with low test since I was about 17.

From 17 to now, my total levels for T have been consistently between 350-450 maximum ng/dl.
I’ve run a few mild prohormone cycles from the Age of 23, as I was just fed up with struggling to gain and get leaner no matter what.

I’ve had ED, low energy, fatigue, low sex drive for quite a few years. I’ve seen several doctors here in AUS and all of them have basically pushed me away saying I’m in a normal range for Test. Hair growth has changed big time, it’s thinning on my legs, my facial hair growth has changed and my body just struggles to hang onto Lean mass and stores body fat all around my abdomen no matter what I seem to do.

I’ve found a doc on the other side of the country who has done a consult with me and he’s happy to get me on Primotestin 250 along with Arimidex, and HCG to preserve fertility as needed.

Recent blood work had me at 550-600ng/dl because I’ve been using Nolva for the last 6 weeks in PCT, however from past experiences my levels just drop off again once it gets out of my system. In the AUS units, I usually sit at about 9-15 nmol/L max, whereas the ranges here in AUS are 8 to 30.

LH has always been at around 5, so there’s been no real issue there, except when I was a bit younger around 20 it was consistently at 3.
FSH seems to be fine, and Estrogen is up at 140pmol/L unfortunately, I suspect from Nolva. Doc wants it at about 70-80 he has said.

TSH is 1.7, usually sits around 2 but having my multi with iodine and selenium seems to have brought this down. Other than that, I feel like rubbish and have been for some time with low test symptoms. Prolactin is at the bottom end of the normal range and SHBG is at 25, range is 15 to 80 or so here in AUS. Workouts are very hit and miss, and working shift work seems to throw my natural levels into disarray even more over time.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on TRT in my scenario? I’ve always wanted to do it and now I’ve finally found a doctor who is switched on and very knowledgeable.

I’ve had a pituitary scan done and that came back all clear too.

Would be interested to hear opinions on this.

Thanks,

Hey scrill77, I’m new here too and don’t have any real knowledge on interpreting your results. But I do recommend you take a closer look at your situation with additional blood tests before jumping into TRT.

From what I’ve read, low magnesium, low Vitamin D3, hemochromatosis, and Hashimoto’s disease can also cause low T.

It might be worth measuring Ferritin, Magnesium RBC, Vitamin B12 RBC, Vitamin D, and getting a Thyroid panel. Wouldn’t hurt to check, and if those results come back normal, then you can rule those causes out.

Anyways, hopefully someone else with a more knowledgeable background will chime in.

If you can self-inject that T and more frequently, that would be ideal.

You need steady T and FT levels. E2 is from FT–>E2 and if T levels are changing, the Arimidex/anastrozole dose cannot be matching serum T levels. Doc is right, E2=80pmol on TRT would be ideal.

Please post all available lab work in list format with ranges, cannot review buried in prose. Post if normal, we need to see. Not just hormone results.

Eval overall thyroid function via oral body temperatures - see below.
Use iodized salt.

hCG is not “as needed”
Inject 250iu SC EOD.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Woodsman - I’ve tried everything from Zinc, Magnesium, Vit D, B and K Vitamins and more. As well as every natty Test boosting product too. I’ve had all those levels tested previously too and all has been fine.

KSMAN - Thanks for your reply there.
Doc has prescribed me 4 or 6 repeats (forget which) , each repeat has 3 shots worth of T.
Doc wanted to start me at the 250 Primoteston every 2 weeks, he did mention guys have it more frequently so I’ll go for that and that shouldn’t be an issue since I can take the needles home.

Please see all blood work, it was fasting:

Glucose: (3.4 to 5.4 nmol/L) - 5.3
Iron: (20 to 30 umol/L) - 25
I 'Ferritin (27 to 46) umol/L - 37
T. Sat (13 to 45) % - 34%
Ferritin (30 to 300 ug/L) - 122

Thyroid Profile - TSH - (0.5 to 4) MIU/L - 1.7

Hormones / Androgens
LH (Less than 7 ) - 10
FSH (Less than 7) - 5
Oestrogen 2 - (Less than 150pmol/L) - 140
Prolactin - (40 to 450 mIU/L) - 197

Total Testosterone (8.3 to 29 nmol/L) - 22
SHBH - (11 to 71 nmol/L) - 26
Free Testosterone (255 to 725) - 541 pmol/L

Lipids:
Cholesterol (3 to 5.2 mmol/L) - 3.5
Triglycerides (0.5 to 1.7 mmol/L) - 0.8
HDL (1 to 2 mmol/L) - 1.2
LDL - (1.5 to 3.4 mmol/L) - 1.9

Haematology:
HB - (130 to 180 g/L) - 164
HCT - (0.40 to 0.54) - 0.49
RCC - (4.5 to 6.5 x10/L) - 6.2
MCV - (79 to 99 fL) - 79
MCH - (27 to 34pq) - 27
MCHC - (320 to 360 g/L) - 336
RDW - (10 to 17%) - 14.7

WBC (4.0 to 11 x 10/L) - 5.6
Neut (2 to 7.5 x10/L) - 2.6
Lymph (1 to 4 x10/L) - 2.4
Mono (0.2 to 1X10/L) - 0.5
EOS (Less than 0.7 x 10 / L) - 0.1
Baso (Less than 2 x 10/L ) - 0.1
Platelets - (150 to 400 x10/L) - 267

I’ve been using iodized salt as much as possible and I’ll need to get something for the temperature checks as well as I don’t have anything yet to measure.

Thanks

Any thoughts?