TRT & Fertility

Hi guys

Recently had some bloods back and everything is all In range on 120mg test E a week. Slightly elevated E2 but nothing of major concern.

My question today is, my partner wishes to come off her pill (selfish) haha, my FSH and LH are obviously tanked from TRT:
FSH- 0.5
LH - 0.3 (if not 0)

Can I class myself as infertile? Or is there still a chance I have some healthy sperm which could get her pregnant, which isn’t what we want for a while.

A sperm test is actually quite difficult to come across, an accurate one anyway that would tell
You spermicide count and not just say low.

Where did you get this?

What does your doctor say about your situation?

No one here can know this.

You’ve done a sperm test already?

First off, though I’m no fertility expert, I believe that one should not rely on TRT as means of birth control. Anecdotally, there are many guys who have posted that their significant other has become pregnant while on TRT. FYI, if you live in a state where you can order labs on line, I know that both QUEST and LAB Corp offer sperm testing.

FYI, it takes 3 months for sperm cells to be produced, mature, and make their way through the testicles to be ejaculated. So, what you ejaculate today was made 3 months ago.

No, only 73% of men on exogenous testosterone are infertile, the rest even those men on AAS are fathering children without hCG and FSH.

The only way to know for sure is a sperm analysis or a pregnant girlfriend or wife.

Not saying this is true or false. Just wondering if you have a source, cause I’d like to read it.

I read the study years ago posted on Excelmale. There may have been a video linked to the thread where the doctor was talking about it in detail about fertility parameters (sperm quality, quantity and mobility,) never returning to baseline in a small percentage of men after starting TRT.

1 Like