TRT Effects on Skin

Good luck

pre trt level: 270
after trt leve: 750

Iā€™ve had acne since 13 and even with t level of 270 I had acne
But with t level of 750, the acne is a bit worse than before and the types of pimles have changed, the pimples I get now are more cystic and bigger, take longer to go away and leave skin discoloration
I get acne on face, chest and back, but face and back is the worst, chest is very mild and responds well to exoliation during showering

I also got myself some accutane from an overseas pharmacy and a very low dose for 30 days and that pretty much took care of everything

11 years ago with low T, I had adult acne, collagen loss and skin was incompetent. With TRT, skin is oily and skin cell turn over is very fast. Have some black heads needing maintenance. Overall skin is now thicker and more elastic - younger looking or at least the premature aging was reversed. Last few years GH has helped too. I am young at 68 years.

The effects of TRT on skin depends on how oneā€™s body reacts. More oil and collagen is a constant. Vit-D3 and thyroid hormones affect everything.

Hey gtron. I know this is an old thread but Iā€™m considering taking Finasteride to reduce unwanted effects of elevated DHT. Did you find it had any negative sides? Did you feel any different? Iā€™m feeling great on TRT and donā€™t want to go backwards but Iā€™d love to stop the hair falling off my head, growing on my shoulders and acne breakouts.

You havenā€™t heard of Post Finasteride Syndrome? Sometines it only takes one pill and youā€™re screwed for life. If you end up an unlucky fellow all those bad things that happen to men with low T will be guaranteed to happen to you. Youā€™re worried about going backwardsā€¦

Poison.

If you want to gamble with possible permanent damage. then take finasteride.

Your TRT will be useless or worse, if you have bad side effects from it. And lots of dudes do.

ā€˜Dudesā€™ - lol. I know thereā€™s a small number of men with PFS but wasnā€™t sure if having high T levels would minimise the risks. Im feeling great on TRT but if Iā€™m honest the hair loss in particular is a kick in the balls.

1 Like

Tropical finasteride is a different story, it goes on like shampoo and is very effective.

What is the brand name of the product? Iā€™ll look into it.

Yea it kinda sucks.
I have just been trying to make up for the eventual buzz by working on becoming swole.

Though Iā€™d love to avoid finasteride, I donā€™t think you guys are aware of the intensity of the problem. Deep scarring cystic acne is life changing and the scars are forever. Until @oz_dude and I find another way, we are basically stuck using it.

oz_dude, yes I feel different with it but itā€™s complicated. I remember mentioning on this forum a long time ago that trt made sex different for me. It was harder to orgasm, and orgasms were ā€œdifferentā€. But erections and everything else was fine. This was before hCG and finasteride. Well with the introduction of finasteride I did start to notice not having morning wood sometimes, and a loss of interest in sex. I have since identified it as a loss of overall sensitivity. However, as an experiment I tried daily low dosage tadalafil (about 1mg/day), and that reversed EVERYthing. It even made my orgasms back to how they were before trt.

Still, I donā€™t really need the tadalafil. Itā€™s just comforting to know itā€™s there. I use it maybe every other week to keep things on their toes.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Did you notice any change in energy levels, general mood, cognitive function, muscle mass and body comp? These are the the the major benefits Iā€™ve found with TRT and want to keep them.

No other changes. Only the loss of sensitivity and desireā€¦and not achieving full hardness occasionally. All of which is completely reversed with tadalafil if necessary.

Still, Iā€™d like to find another wayā€¦accutane or something perhaps. I just havenā€™t had the time to look far enough into it yet.

As a teenager I had quite bad acne on my face & neck, a bit on my back.

Iā€™ve been on TRT for 3 years & Iā€™ve never had any acne, but I think diet plays a big role in that.

About a week after I lowered meat, fish & dairy & upped fruit and vegetables, large open pores on the ā€˜Tā€™ zone of my face became almost unnoticeable.

I probably eat 10 servings of fruit & veg each day & get most my protein from plants.

Accutane cause similar problems to finasteride because they both target DHT to reduce acne.

Holy crap @systemlord, thanks for the info, I had no idea! Thatā€™s fascinating. In fact just tonight I was going to look up ā€œaccutane mechanism of actionā€ because I have a few free moments (free moment are hard to come by when you work 7 days a week!).

I ran a low dose accutane cycle a few years back. My back acne had moved to my chest and i couldnā€™t control it. The dose was very low and I ran it for about a month. Worked wonders and I never felt any effects such as ED or hair loss.

But thatā€™s just me.

@studhammer so itā€™s something you only need to take for a while and the effects are permanent? What is considered a low dose?