TRT: Doctors Live in Fear

[quote]e-loo wrote:
Undone wrote:
You nailed it. It’s the money. Politicians in general could care less about most issues, including testosterone. I think the legal status of TRT rests not in the desires of Congress, but more likely in the bottom line of Big Pharma.

2 things –

– I am less cynical, I believe that many politicians do care about issues. Nor do I believe that there is ‘no difference’ between politician or between the parties. (but that I guess is a statement for the hellhole known as ‘Politics and World Issues.’

However I do have some cynicism about the testosterone issue. There are some politicians/parties who feel that the best way to get votes is to focus on hot button issues. Usually by misrepresenting the facts, building up fears and scaring voters into voting for them.

– Big Pharma? Have you priced Androgel, Testim, Striant recently? Big Pharma probably is really interested in TRT.

[/quote]

That is what I mean regarding Big Pharma. If they are making enough money from their TRT products, their lobbyists are much more likely to use their influence to protect it.

Regarding the cynicism, you probably know more good politicians than I do or I know more bad ones than you do. Either way, I envy you.

Both parties suck anymore,. but bear in mind that the “soft on drugs” Dem’s wish to and have been pushing for years to take away your rights to over the counter VITAMINS, and require a prescription!!

Do not be fooled that a liberal will shower you with rights to have your HRT meds either… They take away more than they wish to give.

There needs to be serious change in this country and go back to what it was suppose to be, not what it has turned into…

The rights of the people, not the whims of the politicians.

Just FYI, some of the anti-aging groups are pretty heavy into HRT. It is their core marketing method.

The FDA and DEA really do not like any claims of anti-aging. That is considered to not be a medical necessity. You will now see references to “age management” doctors and services.

wouldn’t it be great if a member of congress or senate,underwent treatment for hrt,can gave their honest opion? especially if they were a high rank member.anyone here know any politicans?

[quote]toejam wrote:
wouldn’t it be great if a member of congress or senate,underwent treatment for hrt,can gave their honest opion? especially if they were a high rank member.anyone here know any politicans?[/quote]

Great thought. Although most probably need it, they would fear it might give the perception of some type of weakness within themselves or somehow associate them with those demon steroids. Either way, it would be something their political opponents could exploit. Reality would take a backseat to perception.

However, if KSMan can articulate how HRT counteracts global warming, we might have a shot. With all that fat around Al Gore’s waist, I bet his E2 number is higher than his IQ.

By far, Ron Paul would be the candidate that would most support androgen use in anti aging. Without a doubt. Not even close.

He ran on the Republican ticket this year.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:
Just FYI, some of the anti-aging groups are pretty heavy into HRT. It is their core marketing method.

[/quote]

As in large photographs and advertisements in the local paper (Dallas Morning News) marketing.

I can’t find a doc in this town worth a damn. Its pissing me off. I went to my doc today to try and get the full pannel done. All of a sudden he isn’t on my insurance any longer. Funny how that works when you tell them you want more in depth tests and talk to them about TRT.

No endos worth a damn in this town either. Seems they are all associated with heart offices.

[quote]Toshiero wrote:
I can’t find a doc in this town worth a damn. Its pissing me off. I went to my doc today to try and get the full pannel done. All of a sudden he isn’t on my insurance any longer. Funny how that works when you tell them you want more in depth tests and talk to them about TRT.

No endos worth a damn in this town either. Seems they are all associated with heart offices.[/quote]

How far are you from Dallas?

anyone know a doc in St. Louis?

i just located a doctor and have some suggestions for those trying to find one.
google any of the following terms:
andropause
ADAM questionnaire
mens health
follow those terms with a city close by and you may get lucky to find one.
for me it was the ADAM questionnaire. i wasn’t even aware this existed. i had to answer every question in the negative. time to seek help.

[quote]Elaikases wrote:
Toshiero wrote:

No endos worth a damn in this town either. Seems they are all associated with heart offices.

How far are you from Dallas? [/quote]

4 hours

Toshiereo:
How far away from the U of Ok? Is there another med school or DO school in OK that could be close?
If not far, look in their gerontology department. that’s where i also found the doc i was looking for in researching his background.

Enough of this topic hyjacking. Please take to PMs.

you know i just got my daily e-mail from lfe extensions, basically they are gonna reverse the fda on estrodol(sp) . now this this a sign of thing to come from the newly in charge dems?

No one is topic hyjacking.

oh but you are. if you guys can’t find drs. do it pm.

The doctor who prescribes TRT is called an “endocrinologist”. Look in your yellow pages. It’s that simple. Seriously.

The only catch is that they’ll want to check for diabetes too, because that’s what 90% of their business is.

[quote]yorik wrote:
The doctor who prescribes TRT is called an “endocrinologist”. Look in your yellow pages. It’s that simple. Seriously.

The only catch is that they’ll want to check for diabetes too, because that’s what 90% of their business is.[/quote]

While this should technically be true, it has NOT been the case in my limited experience.

Finding an open minded doctor, whether it be and endo or not, is the real key. Much has been written on this by others with far more intelligence and experience than me.

Not trying to argue with the above poster but it is NOT that simple. Quite the opposite for most.

At least that is my experience with the whole deal.