TRT Doc in Victoria, Australia?

I’m 26 years old, had my Test levels checked around 6 months ago and the results were:

Testosterone (Immulite) | 13.0 nmol/L

I asked my doctor about TRT but he basically shrugged it off saying I’m within the normal range. Despite this, I have many symptoms related to low Test: Low energy, mood swings, insomnia, low motivation, low libido, depression, bad anxiety, low self esteem and low confidence. I’m a hard gainer (muscle wise) and find it hard to drop abdominal body fat.

I’ve been on SSRI’s which kind of worked, but made me feel like a zombie. I tapered off and kicked them. I really don’t like SSRI’s and don’t want to go back on them.

I’ve seen two different doctors, neither of which took my questions / concerns seriously. I’d really like to speak to a doctor who knows their stuff regarding TRT. I’ve heard mixed reports on creams/gels, so I’d like to go with the injectable route.

Is anyone able to help? I’m really at a loss and don’t know where to go from here.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
    – do not ignore first paragraph
    – post more info about you
    – post all lab results, WITH LAB RANGES

• thyroid basics
    – have you always used iodized salt?
    – are your waking and mid-afternoon body temperatures OK?

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
AM cortisol
CBC
TSH - do these thyroid labs if body temperatures are low *
fT3
fT3

• if not getting iodine, you might first do iodine replenishment

Getting decent male hormone health/diagnostics done there is difficult as in all “commonwealth” countries. Also a general problem in all countries with “socialized” medicine. However, most doctors are stupid or ignorant with these issues in all countries and finding a TRT doc is difficult in the USA as well. There is a sticky on finding a TRT doc.

There are many issues other than your T levels. You need to see low T as the symptom, not “the cause” and avoid T Tunnel vision. What you need now is diagnostics.

Start reading the stickies, that will take you a while to understand. You can’t be passive and you need to understand the things that most doc’s do not.