TRT Doc In/Near Bergen County, NJ?

Been doing research for a long time now and I’m ready to get on TRT, just need to find a doctor. I had blood work done in 2015 that showed my levels were pretty tanked but my doctor claimed they were “in range”. I can’t even get my primary to write me a script for a new workup (I called and requested one over the phone because I don’t have insurance and am trying to keep costs to a minimum). For anyone unaware you need a fucking script to get blood work done in NJ, which is dumb.

Anyway I’m looking for doctors in the area that will be likely to prescribe and also (and possibly separately) a doctor that will be good to manage me on replacement. Someone I can trust on some level. I’m willing to travel to Manhattan if that’s needed. I’m not just looking to get a boost I have legitimate medical need. I’m 28 and haven’t had a sex drive in years. Tired all the time, depressed, no drive in life, etc. Total test was like 250 in 2015. I need help here for real.

Thanks in advance.

Try Defy Medical, no need to travel or play games with clueless doctors.

Also find the ‘finding a TRT doc’ sticky

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

No need to travel but it’s in Florida. Nailed it.

Yeah I’m digging through the stickies at the moment, and obviously it’s a lot of information to take it but being educated on the subject is definitely an important goal for me. The reason I didn’t just jump on stuff in 2015 when I was becoming fed up with my symptoms and saw my lab results the first time (it was a very basic panel only showing total, free, and SHBG) is because I didn’t feel I was ready to just dump shit in my body without knowing the full picture. But I also know at some point I’ll have to take a plunge.

So lowtestboiz, did you ever find one? I’m in Bergen Co myself and got nowhere with my current doc.

Wow I had forgotten all about this post! I never found anything in Bergen but I did end up going to a men’s clinic in Manhattan and starting TRT through them. I was there for about 5 months before switching over to Defy medical who will consult with you remotely and ship you meds from a pharmacy if you qualify. There’s a bit of a start-up cost ($600+) but it’s not too bad in the scheme of things. I was paying $250/month at the clinic in Manhattan and having to travel there 1-2 times a month, which was costly and time consuming. I’m currently paying around $100/month for meds at Defy.

Oh and I also don’t have insurance so everything was out of pocket. I don’t think Defy takes insurance, though I hear most insurance companies don’t cover trt but it’s possible you could get the labwork through insurance to reduce costs and just pay for meds, which would be pretty cheap.

Blue Cross Blue Shield hasn’t balked once at my TRT. In the grand scheme of things it is cheaper for them than putting me on an SSRI etc. Testosterone is CHEAP!

Sweet! How do I PM/DM on here?

There’s no PM system on the forum.

There’s nothing wrong with people openly referring and discussing doctors in plain ol’ public posts. Happens all the time here.

Nice and yeah it is cheap. If I ever get insurance again (hopefully soon I have some other issues that have been going on that really need to get checked out) I can see if I have options for submitting my trt stuff to them. I’ve just heard a lot of plans don’t cover it.

1 Like

Good luck lowtestboiz

not in Bergen but Madison Medical in well… Madison NJ is very progressive. Offer all sorts or hormone treatments including comprehensive TRT with docs that are willing and able to assist. Still do your own research and fully understand the protocol to discuss with your doc prior to starting