TRT Cystic Acne

Hi, I was going to PM/email someone who I speak to regularly on this site for the advice I’m looking fop, but I thought I’d keep it public so hopefully a few people can benefit from the advice I (hopefully LOL) receive.

I’m on HRT (adex 0.25mg EOD/cypionate 200-250mg per week depending on concentration of the products I receive and HCG 250 IU EOD) I also blast for say 12 weeks on 750mg of test, then ‘cruise’ back on HRT for 12 weeks. Whilst blasting I titrate the adex and end up on about 0.5mg EOD, I do this according to my skin, I usually get the odd zit but upping the adex seems to control that, so with no bloat, and no zits and a healthy libido I assume things are fine.

The problems start when I drop back to 200/250mg per week test, last year around Christmas I started to get cycstic acne on my chest, this cleared up when I upped the adex, then when I went back onto a ‘blast’ all was fine.

I woke up this morning and there was a nice fat lump under the skin on my chest, I’ve been on 250mg Cyp PW for around a month now and everything has been fine. I’m worried now that this will turn into another breakout. I’m using 0.25mg Adex EOD.

My plan now is to up the adex back to 0.5mg EOD, but this seems odd on 250mg test PW, I know this does seem logical, as it worked last time, but why would this happen, surely a higher dose of test would be more likely to cause this? the last ‘cruise’ this didn’t happen (though I used 25mg Tren ed as well, and I can’t recall the exact Adex dosage) but why now?

I remember whilst I was cruising a couple of years ago on 200mg enanthiate per week, with no adex (before I officially started HRT) although I was a little bloated skin problems weren’t an issue.

Thanks, I know I’m kinda answering my own question here I just have a feeling there’s something I don’t know, if you know what I mean :wink:

sorry. I have no knowledge of cycles or taking mega doses (200mg+) of T on a regular on-going basis, or what the long term impact is at keeping your levels so high.

not sure if anyone here in the HRT section is going to be of any help since most here are simply looking to get into the normal or upper normal range and just feel regular again.

You may want to try the steriod sections on this site.

I wish you the best of luck.

Lab test results would be useful.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
sorry. I have no knowledge of cycles or taking mega doses (200mg+) of T on a regular on-going basis, or what the long term impact is at keeping your levels so high.

not sure if anyone here in the HRT section is going to be of any help since most here are simply looking to get into the normal or upper normal range and just feel regular again.

You may want to try the steriod sections on this site.

I wish you the best of luck.[/quote]

[quote]KSman wrote:
Lab test results would be useful.[/quote]

KSman- thanks, to be honest i’ve never had blood work done, I’ve been on official HRT for 18 months now. I did intend to get it done a few months ago but never got round to it. If you don’t mind, exactly which tests should i ask for? (I’m in the UK and will pay to have this done privately) I have read lots of your other posts/stickies and I know I need to insist on being given the exact results, not just accepting an ‘in acceptable range’

I never got acne as a youngster, just the odd zit. I am allergic to Clen which gives me zits overnight and was prescribed a nasal inhaler which contained steroids to clear my sinus’s- which also gave me a zit breakout overnight.

I do need to get this right as I would like to stay on the HRT dose for a good six months at least.

Thanks

FYI - I just found out last month that nasal inhalers for allergies have the potential to disrupt your HPTA axis (if you are one of the lucky sensitive ones). It says as much in the drug info pamphlet in the box.

Minimum blood tests… that is hard…

can you get any tests through your primary? just general blood tests then pay for the following?

critical basic tests include:
Total Testosterone
Estradiol
SHBG
TSH

IF TSH > 1 then run:
AM Cortisol
Free T3
Reverse T3

Vitamin D3 is low on just about everyone. Just start on 6,000iu D3 daily.

I vote for FT and skip SHBG.

I shall get these done ASAP.

I take 6 grams cod liver oil plus flax seed ED, does that cover me for vitamin D?

Thank KSman and Purechance…

I think you need more vitamin D.

Cod Liver Oil has vitamin A which some doctors say interferes with Vitamin D absorption. Some doctors say not to use Cod Liver Oil because of this.

It is normally recommended (I think) to take 4-6,000iu D3 (I also think you are suppose to make sure it is D3, and not just vitamin D).

PC- Thanks, I’ll order some D3 now and add it to my supplement list. I will keep you informed…

Bump. Blood test results on the way…