TRT Cream or Lozenge

I’ve found a couple of TRT docs in my area but they only prescribe cream or lozengers. Should I keep looking for depot prescriber or go for cream or lozengers?

Keep looking,

Keep looking for sure. Or it might be best to get the cream prescription so you atleast have a testosterone prescription. Then you can go around and find a doctor that will change you to self injection

There are many other important considerations.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

Thanks for the advice.

Also note that if one has low thyroid function, transdermal absorption of T can be very poor. I asked that you eval your thyroid function above. If you have not been using iodized salt, problems are expected.

I do use iodised salt and my thyroid function is fine. I found a clinic that offers subq injections of test but no “synthetic” test - presumably they mean no enanthate or cypionate IM injections. They said it comes in a pen like an insulin pen. Any ideas about this?

enanthate or cypionate are simple T esters that yield bio-identical T
all T is synthetic as in man made

IM vs subq is not really part of this distinction, but I strongly always suggest subq, twice a week and AI dosed at the same time. hCG 250iu SC/SQ EOD prevents testicular damage and preserves fertility. How old are you…

“my thyroid function is fine”: You cannot state that thyroid is good based on almost all thyroid labs, that is why I ask that you eval via oral body temps as suggested above.

I’m 40. Currently taking 50mcg T3 Ed so I’ll evaluate thyroid after current cycle.

With 50mcg/day T3:

In a single dose or multiple?
Time release or fast acting?
Any issues with heat intolerance? [I can be that way with 25mcg/day T3 time release.]

As you are controlling thyroid function with T3 meds, your may find that body temperatures are a good guide to dosing.

With enough T3, TSH and T4 can be expected to be lower and sometimes that is the objective to reduce fT4–>rT3.

25mcg morning and 25mcg late afternoon. It’s UGL t3 so most likely immediate release. UGL is reliable source from experience. I’m taking t3 as part of a cutting cycle with tren e and test e(600mg and 250mg respectively).

T3 will repress TSH and T4
Suggest that you taper off to avoid an adjustment slump.

Do give some thought to thyroid issues. Most guys who find there way here have some thyroid function issues or iodine issues. This has a huge effect on energy and vitality.

If you are seeking to optimize your quality of life, you need to look at a number of factors.

Thanks I’ll keep that in mind.