TRT Case - 43 Y/O Male, 290 lbs

You can ask your doc to order labs then do them where you are located. I assume from your lab units that you are not in USA where things are relatively easier to get done.

• alberta canada, I see signs that things are a bit progressive there.
    You need Vit-D3 supplements there!

If T and E2 are good, weight issues suggest thyroid.
New lab data?

for reference/review

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

New Bloodwork - Dec 7, 2017

DHEAS 9.1 umol/L [<14.0]
Estradiol <30 pmol/L [<200]
Free T3 5.5 pmol/L [3.5-6.5]
Free T4 13.5 pmol/L [9.0-23.0]
Progesterone 2.6 nmol/L [<3.0]
PSA 1.3 ug/L [<2.6]
SHBG 15 nmol/L [6-65]
Test/SHGB 0.74 nmol/L [0.2-1.0]
Test pm 11.1 nmol/L [8.0-26.7]
ATPO <10 kU/L [<50]
TSH 2.53 mU/L [0.2-4.0]

Your T levels look low, why hasn’t your doctor address your low levels? What’s your protocol look like now? If you’re not injecting EOD you should consider it. 319 ng/dL is still low T land and TSH is too high. Some labs have narrowed those ranges to wanting people <2.5 mU/L

My Doc is one of those “it’s in range” guys. I have not done blood work in a while and have not talked with him about changing the protocol. Because of work sometimes I only get to see my GP once or twice a year. It’s a slow process.

I take Arimadex - .5mg twice per week Mon and Fri.
I inject 50mg Testosterone twice a week Mon and Fri.
And I take .250iu HcG three times weekly Mon Wed Fri.

I have been prescribed desiccated Thyroid - 30mg twice a day. Starting it tomorrow.

My body temps have been in range for the last 4 months but I think I’m going to iodine supplement.

I will try and get new blood work done in Jan/Feb. I can up my T injections on my own if I want. I buy my T for the whole year and have a large supply.

tell us how the natural thyroid stuff works. You can get online its called Thyrovanz. Saw on Dr. Crisler video. I am thinking about getting for my wife and my self. We have low body temps and low normal ft3.

Those you’re in range comments are doctor’s being lazy bastards, they don’t have to use their brains for critical thinking and get off easy. I want to slap the fake ass dumb looking smile off the face. They don’t have the time to mess with it because they’re too busy triaging everybody. They don’t deserve to be called doctors.

I think the problem is you’re seeing a GP and not an endocrinologist, that more than explains your problem.

I had no luck with Endocrinologists. The 2 I saw were bigger dicks than my doc and quite condescending.

I paid a private clinic and got bloodwork and a consultation done years ago. And then went to my GP who is just following their protocol. So far it is keeping me away from severe depression.

But I need to get back on top of it so posting bloodwork as I get it and making minute changes.

So I’m soon to be a 49 y/o Male and since my last post things have changed.

I had THR surgery in November 2018. I had to go off TRT in September for that (Dr’s orders). The surgery went well and the new hip has removed all joint pain. Now I’m trying to get the mobility back in the leg muscles. There is some tendinitis with the aductor and some other issues. I also got a blood clot in my lungs (diagnosed in Jan 2019) which means blood thinners for 6 months. So I can’t inject and my dr. doesn’t want to restart TRT until the thinners are completed.

I went into the surgery at 310 pounds. I have since ballooned to 350 pounds. Not good.
I can also tell that the TRT was working for my depression because I again feel the way I did back in 2010 when I was not using T.

I had 8 years of using TRT that were good and plan to go back to it once I am able to inject. So it’s kind of a waiting game at this point.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, hope you’ll be able to restart TRT soon.

Man I bet you can’t wait for trt again. Is this really a thing where you can’t take trt because of thinners and surgeries? The body naturally creates trt. They Surely wouldn’t tell a younger or healthier male with strong levels of T to drop there levels somehow or sorry can’t do the surgery.

This just shows how ignorant and fearful doctors are regarding TRT, stopping TRT for surgeries isn’t really needed. Recovering from surgeries requires healthy levels of hormones.

1 Like

Yah exactly. If I need to heal give me some test and hGH :slight_smile: