T Nation

TRT Bloodwork: Levels Doubled After Cutting Dosage by 25%

So I have been using 150mg test E per week split 50mg M/W/F with 1000iu hcg a week split Tuesday morning and Friday night.
Put my total t; 49 nmol/l; free T 1.42 nmol/l; oestradiol 250 pmol/l

Reduced dosage to 112.5mg a week split 37.5mg M/W/F with 1000iu hcg a week split Tuesday morning and Friday night.
Put my total T; 92 nmol/l; free t; 2.4 nmol/l and oestradiol @ 282 pmol/l

How can my test levels go up when I drop the dosage by 25%? Has anyone experienced this?

First thing that comes to mind is the timing of the labs relative to injections. Second is lab error. Third is inconsistent injection absorption.

2 Likes

Test timing is the obvious possible answer. When were labs done?

This.

How long were you on the first protocol before switching?

6 weeks then switched for another 6 weeks before blood test

Hi guys, I inject consistently at 8am M/W/F for test and hcg 8am Tuesday morning and 8pm Friday night. Labs are always done Monday morning at 8-9am.

First lab with 49 nmol/l was finger prick. Second lab was venous which was when the lower dosage showed total t at 92 nmol/l.

Could be a lab error but my hb and haematocrit would suggest it was not a error. 2 doctors have said different things. So it’s hard to know the answer.

Finger prick? I’ve always gotten multiple vials taken from me.

I haven’t done a ton of research on it but I’ve heard over and over the finger prick tests are very inaccurate. I would stick to actual “normal” blood tests where they take a few vials.

Yes I am sticking to venous for now on. However the venous blood sample still showed 92 nmol/l and free t of 2.4 and oestradiol of 280 pmol/l on 37.5mg 3 times weekly! That’s crazy numbers. I’m hoping a lab error.