TRT Blood Work and Supplement Use?

My doctor just started me on 200 mg a week Testosterone 2 weeks ago, and I go in for blood work in 4 weeks to check levels, adjust dose and check to see if I need to add an estrogen inhibitor. (Low T 225)

I’ve started lifting heavy 3 days a week in addition to my daily intensive cardio. I now take Creatine, BCAA, Mega Sport Multi Vitamin, Wheybolic Protein powder (on lifting days 1/3 dose, has additives in addition to whey), Fish Oil, Calcium with Vitamin D.

Should I stop taking any of these short term for a more accurate blood test, and the best continued T dose?
If so, which ones and how long before test?

Any other supplements I should add before or after blood work?

Many here might opine that’s a big dosage to start off with.

Which was my initial dosage…

I’ve tapered down to 120 a week, broken into every other day dosing.

[quote]IareChaz wrote:
Many here might opine that’s a big dosage to start off with.

Which was my initial dosage…

I’ve tapered down to 120 a week, broken into every other day dosing.[/quote]

I suspect he will lower my dose after the test. But what should I do about my supplements?

Creatine is really not of much value and might cause some lab issues.

Please read the advice for new guys sticky and post more info, plus your labs with ranges.

200mg/week is too much, you need to be self injecting at least twice a week.

[quote]jonramsey2 wrote:
My doctor just started me on 200 mg a week Testosterone 2 weeks ago, and I go in for blood work in 4 weeks to check levels, adjust dose and check to see if I need to add an estrogen inhibitor. (Low T 225)

I’ve started lifting heavy 3 days a week in addition to my daily intensive cardio. I now take Creatine, BCAA, Mega Sport Multi Vitamin, Wheybolic Protein powder (on lifting days 1/3 dose, has additives in addition to whey), Fish Oil, Calcium with Vitamin D.

Should I stop taking any of these short term for a more accurate blood test, and the best continued T dose?
If so, which ones and how long before test?

Any other supplements I should add before or after blood work?[/quote]

Does anyone think the supplements will throw off bloodwork?

Your supplements are fine. The only thing that will be affected will be your BUN, and Creatinine…probably will be elevated. Just let your doc know what you’re taking and it will explain your high values for those tests.