TRT Blood Tests After Blast

I’m posting this for anyone who has frequent TRT bloods through the year like I do. I have done mini blasts with time on equal to time off. Results of total test below after starting 100 and moving to 120mg:
7/20 - 743
11/20 - 722 (moved to 120mg)
3/21 - 865
6/21 - 480

Before the 11/20 I did a blast of 500mg TC. Lowered TRT to 100mg four weeks prior to testing, did half weekly dose on Monday, bloods on Wednesday.
For the 3/21 I did a cycle of TC at 500, 2iu HGH that carried through to the week of my blood work, anavar 50mg day. I stopped 4 wks before again and back to TRT. The anavar went to one week before the test. I believe the anavar affected my clearance rate of TT causing this higher number.
Most recent bloods, I did TC up to 750mg/wk, EQ early on cut six weeks prior to bloods, HGH 2.5 iu through cycle to one week before bloods. Anavar 50 mg day last few weeks, cut 2 wks before blood. I waited five weeks this time, all other variables the same.

So even with a larger blast, the extra week clearance was huge. Five weeks to clear from blast to TRT bloods.

With Cyp that sounds about right

Did my TRT bloods, 679 TT. I took the Anavar to a week prior to bloods. Based on this and my last few bloods, I would say Anavar absolutely affects TT either through clearance rate or another mechanism. This was waiting five weeks like I did for my bloods in June. The only difference between the two was taking anavar to 1wk our vs stopping 2wks in June.
7/20 - 743
11/20 - 722 (moved to 120mg)
3/21 - 865
6/21 - 480
10/21- 679

1 Like

Yep. SHBG.

1 Like

I found this interesting. I imagine your bloods are every 3months? As are mine. I’m on 50mg/wk cyp (yeah, low I know) I wanted to do a little blast, maybe 350 - 400 and anavar, for six weeks right after bloods, then stop 6 weeks before bloods. Wise?

Most TRT clinics test every 6-9 months after you have established your baseline protocol (ie you’re done making changes to your meds/dosage). Three months would be way more frequent than the norm.

For injectables, (6) weeks is pretty short. I’m not saying you won’t get anything out of it, but its far from ideal even if you are using a short ester.

1 Like

My bloods are frequent. I have a local doc I work with, that’s just the way he does it. It certainly limits the length I can do things. Make sure you give yourself at least 5wks to return to normal dose, that’s how long it will take for you to test at your normal prescribed dosage range. Anavar is usually only used 6-8wks, so that’s fine.

1 Like

I believe that will be the same boat I’m in (primary care physician). I’m only 2 weeks into trt, but I am just strategizing for the future. I imagine he will bump mine up after the next visit since I’m only on 50mg/week. It seems like the smart thing to do would be use test prop for a blast, once I get my normal dosage established. Thank you for the information.

Brother… slow down. Its ok to plan, but TRT will give you a great boost the first six months with slowing returns up to a year. It may take you six months or more just to find your sweet spot in protocol. Just make sure you are dialed in before you try a blast. Trust me, you want a safe place to return in the event of issues.

2 Likes

agree with @blshaw . Take your time to see how the test works with your body on TRT. If you blast right away you’re not going to be able to judge the benefits vs sides of TRT.

I do frequent mini blast with this blood testing protocol. For the record, I see few additional gains of 300 or 400mg/wk vs 700 to make the sides worth it. If I blast, as soon as my bloods are drawn I move up to 100 or 130 mg 3x per week, and then taper off five wks prior to my TRT dose. I’ve done it enough to know that even if I add other compounds, which I will no longer do, this puts me back in range. That usually only gives me about six weeks. If and when you blast, add a little and see how it works. You may find you do better at lower doses.

Understood. What is your TRT dose? And I’m assuming you just increase that same compound?

Sound advice man. I will heed it.

1 Like

Started at 120, moved to 160. That gets me between 800-900. I do just increase with Test C. I’ve tried a few other compounds. Some had sides, others didn’t but didn’t add enough over test in my own case to justify the risks, legal and health wise. I will say oxandrolone is one compound I did like and could see a benefit with, but it accelerated hair loss. I’m trying to wait as long as possible to shave my head. If you’re prone to hair loss, it’ll get you.

I know you were asking @dptfit but I would chime in that my TRT dose is 140mg/wk. That also puts me in the 900ng/dl range for TT. Its plenty to build and maintain muscle while also feeling great. Some people feel worse on high dosages, keep that in mind. Higher dosages than needed can lead to excessive E2, libido issues, mental issues, acne etc etc. Then again some people feel like superman on higher dosages. Its a crap shoot.

1 Like

Fortunately for me, I am already shaving my head. Based on what I’ve researched, Anavar (and little blasts) seem to be the only two I’m willing to take based on the sides of others. Can I asked what you experimented with and the side effects you didn’t like?

Thank you for sharing that. It gives me a good perspective. Hell, I’m probably not even feeling the test yet, like I said it’s only week 2. I know when I did cycles years ago, injectables at least take 3 weeks to really feel it. I just kinda got trigger happy once I finally got prescribed because all the things I’ve be wanting to do for years seemed like a possibility. I didn’t even really consider experiencing the benefits of my trt dose, until I talked to y’all. Hell, I might get the gains I want with just that

1 Like

Yes. It will ramp up faster and clear faster. That’s a big advantage if you have to pull bloods often. You could probably go 8 weeks.

I agree with the others about waiting to do it. I’d give it a year on TRT.

1 Like

I have never “felt” test on TRT or blasts. I can tell you the benefits I’ve had since introducing TRT, but outside of lessening anxiety there is no “feeling” for me. Here’s what I’ve used and its impact on me personally (completely subjective)
Primo - nothing additional over test, accelerated hair loss
NPP- increased gym performance, some immediate increase in size due to water likely. Had increased anxiety (slight), sexual issues (increase time to completion).
Tren A- increased gym performance, vascularity. Biggest side insomnia, couldn’t handle going to work tired
Boldenone - no additional short term benefits. When used with TC (500mg both compounds), it gave me the greatest gains in that blast, likely because it was tolerable and I was compliant with it the entire time. This did cause my HCT to increase the greatest when added.
Trestolone Acetatate- insomnia, increased time to completion during sex, and hair loss, never used longer than 3 wks. In the three weeks it felt like a weaker Tren A.
HGH- still use, 2.5iu every other day. If I take this dose daily, it adds a lot of bloating, edema

I will add that all the blasts were shorter than 10wks. I am by no means a monster in size, but large enough for people to question natty or not. I am fine with where I am now, and don’t think I’ll ever be as big as I thought I’d be utilizing these drugs. I don’t feel continuing to add or experiment are worth the risk. I’ve reached my genetic limit, and now my genetic limit with PEDs. So, for me from now on, test and HGH are all I will do. Just my two cents since you seem to be where I was when I started TRT. I don’t regret experimenting and am lucky I didn’t have larger issues, but I wouldn’t do it again.

2 Likes

This is where I am at with it as well. The drugs work, but not to the extent I thought they would. I think in general the people that are looking like they are definitely on the sauce are taking far more than I’d be comfortable with, and basically all the time. Sure, some genetic outlier is a monster, doing basically what I’ve done, but I think that is like 1/100 of the guys taking gear.

I guess the way I see it, is that it does not make sense to do big blasts, unless you always want to be taking a lot (big cruise too). It doesn’t make sense to me to rent the muscle just for it to slowly go away cruising.

Where I can see a use for myself is basically to get an edge as I get older. TRT does that. If I cut pretty hard and get really lean, but lose a little muscle size, a short blast, with beginner doses can put all the lost muscle back onto a leaner physique. That’s something I’ll probably do as well.

I just need to keep things in perspective. If I can be 190 lbs at 5’10", but with a good 6 pack, that is better than 99% of guys my age (35). I can do that with TRT doses (160 mg/wk), and maybe one 8-10 week blast of something like 400 mg/wk Testosterone. Perhaps a bit of Tbol in for 4-6 weeks (in the range of 100-200 mg/wk).

I haven’t tried all that you’ve tried. I agree with your post a lot though. So many (myself included) thought the juice was going to get me to 220 lbs jacked, while doing simple blasts of 500 mg/wk test, and maybe a little of something else.

1 Like

Yeah, you pretty much talked me out of all those, which is good. Those aren’t sides I’m willing to deal with because of my career, etc.