TRT Blood Results, Thyroid Getting Worse

Everything else looks fine from the results, however the TSH is getting higher and T4 is still quite low…

Any opinions on what to suggest?

“getting worse”…compared to what? If it’s compared to your last test, it would be helpful if your last test numbers were included here.

You should also be testing for Free T3. With higher TSH and lower free T4, it could be that you are not making enough T4, and thus not having enough conversion of T4 to T3, so your body is responding by pumping up the TSH. Without also testing the T3, there’s no way of knowing this. TSH, T3 and T3 should be tested together, it’s an incomplete picture and impossible to know otherwise.

Sorry

To further expand, its always varied between 2.8-3.5 and once hit 4 (TSH) but the last two blood tests its been 4 ish.

My FT3 was tested before this blood test and came out at, 3.13 (2.6-5.7)…

Doc said he ddidnt want to be adding another long term med at this point given my age (22) but i do wonder if its masking most of the T improvements somewhat…

I know i don’t have autoimmune disease from a previous test, so I’m tempted to try iodine replenishment for 2 weeks and see if that makes an improvement, i don’t have any iodine in my diet currently from salt or kelp etc… so it could well be the primary cause