TRT Beginner

Hello all,

First post here so I thought I’d make it in the test department. I’m 26 and was recently put on TRT at 200mg a week. My levels were in the high 300s so I thought why not.

Here’s my question… Should I just decide to stay on forever given that my levels probably bounce back higher than 400? Or should I just get off anyway since I’m so young.

I understand the risk about fertility, which to be honest is much of a concern as I’m not really planning on being a father.

What other negatives are there for long-term use? Yes, I’ve read all the side effects online but would like to hear some personal accounts to help me decide whether I want to do a 3-4 month cycle at 200 and hop off, or just stay on.

Thanks guys

Please read these stickies then come back with more info and questions:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections
  • things that damage your hormones
  • finding a TRT doc

200mg/week typically is a bad way to get started. Many get good results and high-normal T levels with 100mg/week

You need to inject twice a week. Once a week is spikes and crashes.

Your E2 [estradiol] levels will probably mess you up in a few weeks.

Not wanting to be a dad is one thing. Finding a women who wants to be childless is a whole other problem.

Please note the references to hypothyroidism and iodine deficiency in the stickies. You can check overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky.

Please post your pre TRT lab work with ranges:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH - really needs to be done prior to TRT, otherwise doc is incompetent.
prolactin - if elevated, get a MRI to check for pituitary adinomas which can be easily manages with 0.5mg/week Dostinex/cabergoline
CBC
fasting cholesterol - can be too low in young guys
fasting glucose
AST/ALT
TSH, fT3, fT4 if body temperatures are low

When do you think the problems started?
Any accidents or blows to the head leading up to that?

Symptoms of low thyroid function or hypothyroidism:
sparse outer eyebrows
feeling cold easily
general hair thinning
dry skin
lethargy
brain fog
low libido
lower T levels

• can be caused by not using iodized salt
  • note that many of these symptoms are the same as low T

Zboquet: Why is this been posted in Eclipse23’s thread?