TRT at Home with Doc Helping Read Labs

I live in a remote area in Alaska and my doc has zero experience other being able to do the blood tests. I like many have only self diagnosed but am going in for blood test to confirm. I have all the symptoms yet know it might be something else. My doc is just a Nurse Practitioner and really doesnt want to do TRT but agreed to help read blood test. Any advice here on dosing? Think 150Mg (75Mg Twice) per week is too high to start?

No one will advise you on a protocol until labs are done.

Please read these links found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • thyroid basics - check oral body temperatures as suggested - IMPORTANT
  • finding a TRT doc

Do not start any TRT before getting LH/FSH labwork

Labs - you have some now
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin
AM cortisol - at 8AM please
TSH
fT3
fT4 [please not T3, T4]
fasting cholesterol

The stickies suggested above are your best first steps as you realize that you will need to know more than your doctor. You can also work with TRT clinic$ remotely after your NP does a physical.

There is a lot more to your hormone health than testosterone.

Most of the symptoms of low thyroid function are the same as low-T and many here gave both with a double dose of symptoms. Often the cause of low thyroid function seems to be iodine deficiency from not using iodized salt. Note references to thyroid and iodine in the stickies.

We need to know a lot more about you for context. Approach for young men is not the same as old.

Many do very well at 100mg/wk with good weight/fat loss, muscle gain and high libido. E2 management, estradiol, is mission critical for most men. Many taking high amounts of T fail to get balanced.

You will want to self-inject with insulin syringes and Alaska requires a script for insulin syringes, many states do not.

You are probably Vit-D3 deficient most of the year and otherwise sub-optimal all year. Please find 5000iu Vit-D3 tiny oil based capsules and take everyday, take 25,000 for first 5 days. Do not take Vit-D3, or fish oil, with a high fiber meal as absorption will be reduced.

Yes ofcourse the Lab Work is getting done next week. I will post results. Totally agree with the Vitamin deficiency due to lack of sun in winter and Summer I am sleep deprived (20 hour days) so its a struggle. Probably part of my lack of energy snd decrease in Libido as well. Appreciae the replies

Try to get the suggested lab work. Do not assume that doctors will do the right thing. You cannot be passive and need to study up and direct this process as much as possible.

Lack of sleep affects your hormones and your neural transmitters affecting your mental health and mood. You probably should consider sleep medication if you cannot fix with lifestyle adjustments.

I wish but in the Summertimes have no choice

Is the problem noise of others or inability to get room darkened?

I have no idea if this has any value: LP Sleep Hygiene eBook 2016

no I am sorry I should have stated in the original post I am a commercial fishing boat captain and get very little sleep from May until September

Classic Alaskan I do not think any of you sleep in the summer. At least the fishermen have a better excuse than most. But I swear all of you do it

True Verne. Find it hard to stop fishing when its 10:00pm and full daylight haha

1 Like

But when do the fish sleep?

I wish they would sleep so I could haha! Going in for testing this week snd will post results