TRT at 6 Months In

Hello, been a lurker here at T-Nation for quite some time and finally have a few questions that I can’t seem to find a straight answer on.

Hx: 29 year old, abused prohormones between ages of 20-23 when I was in the Marine Corps. Did a few cycles of test/deca afterwards. No steroid use for past 6 years. Never did any PCT from prohormones (didn’t know better), but followed clomid/nolva PCT after IM gear cycles.

Sx: zero libido x 5 years, increasing exercise intolerance, all other standard complaints

objective: Labs from pre TRT showed test <300 numerous times, all other labs WNL. MRI/CT pituitary/adrenals non-contributory.

Labs current

TT 977 (250-1100)
FT 232 (35-155)
E2 19
DHT 48 (25-75)

Meds: arimidex 0.125mg twice a week (0.25mg killed my joints)
test cyp 70mg twice a week

Ok, questions are as follows:

1. thyroid panel just came back, looking at the below labs should I be concerned? i.e. is this going to get worse with time and levothyroxine started? Have been feeling “tired” lately… who doesn’t right?

TSH jumped from 0.71 preTRT to 2.17 6 months postTRT
T-4 is now 5.3 (6.4-12.5)
FTI is now 2.13 (2.6-5.2)
T3U 40.3%

before TRT thyroid panel WNL

1. Pregnenolone -pros/cons/when to use it?

Thanks for any help and let me know if you have any questions. I am a healthcare professional and looking to learn more about TRT to help myself and others.

Read the advice for new guys sticky and note info re iodine, sea salt, iodized salt, body temperatures, come back with responses and check your body temperature.

Can you have fT3 and fT4 tested

If you are iodine deficient, you can fix that.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Read the advice for new guys sticky and note info re iodine, sea salt, iodized salt, body temperatures, come back with responses and check your body temperature.

If you are iodine deficient, you can fix that.[/quote]

AM temps: 96.3, 96.4

Will get more temps throughout the day.

I use regular iodized salt. Looks like an iodine supplement may be warranted?

Drawing free t3 and t4 tmw.

[quote]fstrthnu wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

[/quote]

How are you measuring body temp? You’re halfway to clinical hypothermia with those temps!

[quote]dbsmith wrote:

[quote]fstrthnu wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:

[/quote]

How are you measuring body temp? You’re halfway to clinical hypothermia with those temps!
[/quote]

Just a regular digital clinical thermo accurate to 0.2F placed under the tongue. Just checked at 2230 and temp is 97.0.

Nailed!

Keep reading the stickies, lots to learn in the posts of others too.

You may have more than an iodine deficiency.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Iodoral+180+Tabs+by+Optimox

You can try 50mg/day and see if the makes you feel better and/or increases body temp in a week.

Please post your adrenals with ranges.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Nailed!

You can try 50mg/day and see if the makes you feel better and/or increases body temp in a week.

Please post your adrenals with ranges.[/quote]

Will try the iodine. Labs ordered for monday. Temps seem to be stabilized in the middle of the day, mean 98. On a side note… Discussed the increase in TSH and low am body temp with one of my colleagues (MD) which of course was a bad idea. He insisted that my TSH was fine (despite the 2x increase) and no further testing was indicated as TSH was his SOLE marker of thyroid dysfunction. Needless to say I told him to just order the d*mn labs.

Thanks for your help.

[quote]fstrthnu wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
Nailed!

Please post your adrenals with ranges.[/quote]

Will try the iodine. Labs ordered for monday. Temps seem to be stabilized in the middle of the day, mean 98. On a side note… Discussed the increase in TSH and low am body temp with one of my colleagues (MD) which of course was a bad idea. He insisted that my TSH was fine (despite the 2x increase) and no further testing was indicated as TSH was his SOLE marker of thyroid dysfunction. Needless to say I told him to just order the d*mn labs.

Thanks for your help.
[/quote]

If you are still having libido issues then look outside hormones into thyroid, adrenals, neurotransmitter, detoxfication, lifestyle and nutrition, peychological, and environmental influences. If you need a good health professional to assist you in your area you can pm me since I have Contacts in the US and internationally.