TRT and Transient Libido

I need some help in inderstanding this.

I searched and could not find a discussion of this, but some passing references.

It seems like folks starting TRT get transient spikes in libido. So the question is: Does this spike come from the spiked level in test after a weekly injection? The obvious answer is yes. But this effect seems to be reported as something that fades out after a while, or very inconsistent for some.

Does the peak level of test do this? If one took enough test to maintain that peak level, would libido stay at a high level? Or are these increases in libido from not from the peak levels, but from the rapid increase or transient increase in test levels.

It is cruel to be chasing the wife for day after day then later loosing that effect.

I guess that the perspective of the older guys on HRT is different from the lifters doing high levels of gear. I guess that those folks are not getting hyper sexual all of the time, so perhaps that speaks to the eventual disconnect between test levels and libido. Many of those lifter’s are younger and will have greater libido in that regard.

I am thinking that this is something that is not really understood. Maybe the free test goes very high when starting TRT and SHBG later increases to soak up the test later on. If that was so, the interval of blood work would miss those higher levels of test that are not sustainable.

[quote]KSman wrote:

It seems like folks starting TRT get transient spikes in libido. So the question is: Does this spike come from the spiked level in test after a weekly injection? The obvious answer is yes. But this effect seems to be reported as something that fades out after a while, or very inconsistent for some.

Does the peak level of test do this? If one took enough test to maintain that peak level, would libido stay at a high level? Or are these increases in libido from not from the peak levels, but from the rapid increase or transient increase in test levels.

I am thinking that this is something that is not really understood. Maybe the free test goes very high when starting TRT and SHBG later increases to soak up the test later on. If that was so, the interval of blood work would miss those higher levels of test that are not sustainable.[/quote]

My libido is definitely it’s highest when my T-level is peaking 1-2 days after the injection. It is not, by any means, low during the other days at all at least not when compared to how I used to feel before TRT.

I can definitely feel the “bell curve” effect of the T-level from weekly injections and libido is a very good measure of my total/free T-level. So, it’s not the ramp up of the T-level but the actual level which directly drives my libido.

Why do some guys seem to fade over time? Good question! I tend to think it’s because they’re got some other issues going on, such as Estrogen conversion, which negates the effect of the T augmentation.

I’m 9 months into TRT and still going very strong. My libido may seem to be lower the nearer I get to my next injection, but it is way higher than it used to be so I don’t consider it to be “low” at all.