TRT and Thyroid

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
There is adrenal fatigue a book written by Lawrence Wilson

Then there is Wilson’s temperature syndrome

They are both not real diagnosis that you will find in medical text books.

Have you checked the adrenals?

Subclinical thyroid problems are quite common

In my opinion you should drink when your thirsty

If you have frequent thirst and urination this is a symptom.

Don’t drink to much water man. But defiantly stay hydrated

I have you the thyroid labs

Next would be adrenals

C peptide

Rt3<<<< low body temps

Insulin

Cortisol

ACTH

Fasting glucose

A1c

These tests should be done at 8 am as cortisol is highest in the morning.

The fact that he tested rt3 and not t3 or ft3 really leaves you blind man. You need at least one of them to do the calculation.

Ast alt would be good to know

Progesterone pregnonalone dhea-s

E2

With one kidney can’t see anyone giving you troubles checking something new :slight_smile: positive

U can order labs from lef.org but the sale is over, at the same time they do have a male ultra sensitive e2 test

Low body temps can be from more then just ID the fact that this is the only focus here is bogus.

Heavy metals such as murcury poisoning would also cause low body temps

Auto immune diseases would also play a part.

I’m sure there is more then this… I am researching this so give me some time

[/quote]

Thank you for your help!

Okay, I’m an idiot. Free T3 is on my labs. It was 2.5 (2.0-4.4). My rT3 was 18.2 (9.2-24.1).

You have to convert them both to Pmol/l and do the conversion I’m not doing it for u lol I told you were to go

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
You have to convert them both to Pmol/l and do the conversion I’m not doing it for u lol I told you were to go[/quote]

I did. It’s 13.7. Under 20. So too low and an indicator of adrenal issues?

It’s saying that rt3 is sitting In the receptors of t3 and to much t4 Is being converted to rt3.

Check ferritin and yes check the adrenals

Mine is much worse if that makes you feel any better lol :slight_smile:

Going for the additional labs and to pick up the kit for the salivary cortisol test tomorrow morning. Will report back as soon as I get the results.

[quote]wesmantooth wrote:
Going for the additional labs and to pick up the kit for the salivary cortisol test tomorrow morning. Will report back as soon as I get the results.[/quote]

If you want to check auto immune thyroid disorders test

Tgab

Tpo

Tsi

[quote]iw84aces wrote:

[quote]wesmantooth wrote:
Going for the additional labs and to pick up the kit for the salivary cortisol test tomorrow morning. Will report back as soon as I get the results.[/quote]

If you want to check auto immune thyroid disorders test

Tgab

Tpo

Tsi [/quote]

I wrote it on the list of labs I requested from the doc. Went for the blood draw today and got a ton taken out. On the salivary cortisol test, they are making me go back in tomorrow and fill the tube there before eating, drinking, brushing my teeth, etc. I thought there was a test that I did at home at four separate specific times of the day. We’ll see how the one they ordered turns out.

If its not a 4 point cortisol test you won’t know what’s going on during the day or what happens at night, oh well your being more productive then most man.

At least you are trying to build better health :slight_smile:

Once you have these labs I’m going to suggest researching a very good homeopath or naturopath and let them guide you with the adrenal issues. It may be hit or miss just like doctors but I believe this is the best approach to optimal health…

Who needs all this big pharma money making meds in them? I know I dont

Alright, still waiting on the results of the salivary cortisol test (which I did at 8am, noon, 4pm, and midnight), but here are the others that I’ve already received back. Not too sure what they mean and need some help from you guys!

Aldosterone 14.7 (0-30)
Androstenedione 93 (44-186)
C-Reactive Protein 0.4 (0-4.9)
Ferritin 37 (30-400)
Iron 134 (40-155)
Progesterone 0.9 (0.2-1.4)
Pregnenolone 45 (no range given… says adults <151)
Antithyroglobulin AB <20 (0-40)
TPO 7 (0-34)
TSI 68 (0-139)
B12 1449 H (211-946)
Vit D 61.3 (30-100)

So cortisol results came back… no bueno…

8am 0.011 (0.025-0.600)
Noon 0.099 (0.010-0.300)
4pm 0.106 (0.010-0.200)
Midnight 0.050 (0.010-0.090)

In conjunction with all of the other labs in this thread, what do you guys think this means and what would you do from here if you were me?

This is what I’ve found from searching and reading testimonials from people who got cured from low libido, ED, brain fog etc.

Is it not very dangerous to take hydrocortisone orally as a means of adrenal replacement? It’s one thing to replace T exogenously, but cortisol is another thing - something we cannot live without if the body’s own cortisol production goes to 0 and you stop taking HC.

I mean, let’s be real. Of course stress is a libido killer, any way you slice it. I prefer to take a more conservative approach of making lifestyle changes to reduce stress, up Vit C intake, simplify your schedule, and cut off toxic people from your life.

Ya you don’t need more drugs! Houks advice is solid, I may go alot deeper then just vitamin C as far as supplements though…

As I said previously find a homeopath or wellness centre that uses biomaridian testing and let them help you…

To start try eating whole foods… Cut sugar and esp high fructose corn syrup… <— this stuff will kill ya

Stop using coffee as a boost in the morning…

Get some good enzymes in you

St. John’s wort is a great supplement and had many uses…

No junk food…

Get a really good probiotic in you…

Drink reverse osmosis water…

Start buying organic meats and stop eating gluten…

Just a couple of pointers…

What I’m saying is take a holistic approach to this… Fuck big pharma man… Drugs will kill ya

You have to think in the connection between cortisol, thyroid, testosterone, neurotransmiter.
With high or low cortisol your thyroid can bring you perfect numbers but you will not feel better some feel even worse, but why? Because your forcing your adrenal you will get more fatigued and also your libido will decrease. When you have a good cortisol, your T3 will be free not just on paper but in your body and this will go to all of your cells.

Ok but why this is important? Because T3 will make your own body produce testosterone and also will be an active testosterone, T3 will decrease your prolactin because T3 can increase dopamine. T3 decrease E2. But if you just take pure T3 you won’t feel these effects that I’m saying because cortisol is very important to your body. T3 when active will help your adrenals too, so if you take a small dosage of Hydrocortisone your body will start to become active again and then you can decrease the dosage slowly.

If you’re affraid of taking HC you can use Licorice Root not the DGL form. But some people will only get better with HC.

Fair enough, brazilianguy. I may look into licorice root or ashwaganda (sp?) for adrenal issues. But herbals can be a tricky thing… actual dosages can vary from brand to brand or even bottle to bottle. Also some of the very same herbs are actually used in the same pharmaceuticals that iw84aces are referring to when he says drugs will kill ya. Both herbals and drugs ain’t something to mess around with.

I wholeheartedly agree with cutting out sugar, eating whole foods, vitamin supplementation, etc (although I’m guilty of not eating clean all the time).

Thing is I’m already doing all of that. I eat clean, only get grassfed beef, only drink water, never touch alcohol, haven’t had even a cheat meal in one month, don’t train excessively or do excessive cardio, etc.

I will admit that I am probably under a lot of stress, even though I feel like I have tons of energy and enjoy my work. I take a preworkout before lifting like a lot of guys, but I don’t have to have coffee just to get out of bed in the morning.

Since posting up those other numbers, I have been taking 25mg of Iodoral a day… no budge in waking AM temperatures. I have started taking Isocort (3 pills in the AM, 2 at noon) with 500mg of tyrosine and P5P. I’ve also added in Ashwaganda. I have noticed absolutely no difference at this point. I hate to keep pissing money away on this stuff if it’s not going to do anything.

I am probably on TRT for life at this point (been on for 4 years), and honestly feel way better than I did before starting injections (~1 year ago). It is hard for me to get as lean as I’d like, especially given how hard I work at it and how consistent I am, but I feel fine and my libido is fine. I’m just starting to wonder if I’m stressing out about all of this too much.

[quote]wesmantooth wrote:I hate to keep pissing money away on this stuff if it’s not going to do anything.

I am probably on TRT for life at this point (been on for 4 years), and honestly feel way better than I did before starting injections (~1 year ago). It is hard for me to get as lean as I’d like, especially given how hard I work at it and how consistent I am, but I feel fine and my libido is fine. I’m just starting to wonder if I’m stressing out about all of this too much.[/quote]

Well, if Iodoral is not moving the needle on your body temps, then you may want to stop taking it - it may be doing more harm than good with regards to the thyroid. Iodoral didn’t work for me either, and now my TSH tested 1 full point higher (above top of range). If other supps aren’t helping, then save your money. No point in spending money on stuff that don’t make you feel better.

At least you are feeling better on TRT than before, and your libido is fine. That’s the real objective, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

I do have few questions for you - what kind of TRT were you on before injections? Cream/gel? What kind? Did you have issues absorbing the creams, and did moving to injections help a lot?

[quote]HouKN98 wrote:

[quote]wesmantooth wrote:I hate to keep pissing money away on this stuff if it’s not going to do anything.

I am probably on TRT for life at this point (been on for 4 years), and honestly feel way better than I did before starting injections (~1 year ago). It is hard for me to get as lean as I’d like, especially given how hard I work at it and how consistent I am, but I feel fine and my libido is fine. I’m just starting to wonder if I’m stressing out about all of this too much.[/quote]

Well, if Iodoral is not moving the needle on your body temps, then you may want to stop taking it - it may be doing more harm than good with regards to the thyroid. Iodoral didn’t work for me either, and now my TSH tested 1 full point higher (above top of range). If other supps aren’t helping, then save your money. No point in spending money on stuff that don’t make you feel better.

At least you are feeling better on TRT than before, and your libido is fine. That’s the real objective, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

I do have few questions for you - what kind of TRT were you on before injections? Cream/gel? What kind? Did you have issues absorbing the creams, and did moving to injections help a lot?
[/quote]

As far as Iodoral, I thought I would give it a good run since I didn’t jump straight into 50mg a day. But I’ve been at 25mg a day for almost a month and I would’ve thought it would’ve had some type of effect by now if that was an issue. I made sure to wait and test for antibodies and rule out Hashimotos before I started taking it. But at this point, I feel like it’s a waste.

As far as the TRT… yes, I was on Androgel for a couple of years. It initially took my numbers up from the low 200s to about 500, but I never really felt better. It eventually stopped working and went back down into the high 200s and I had done more research at that point. Doc wasn’t up for HCG or other things and I changed docs. Found out my fertility was shot and did a 6 week run of only HCG. Got my fertility back. Started with injections and within a week or two felt like a totally different person. I am way more pleased with the injections.

I know the issues with absorption of the gels can indicated thyroid issues. That’s what led me to the other tests, and then led me to the adrenal stuff. Feel like I’m deep in the rabbit hole. To complicate things I found out at the first of the year that I was apparently born with only one kidney. I’m not sure how that affects the adrenal situation seeing as how it sits on top of the kidney (and I don’t have one). Only thing I have figured out for sure in all of this is that my cortisol was off and I’m trying to fix that, but I’m spinning my wheels.