TRT and Thyroid

Thank you very much for the help, KSMan. I waited an hour and fifteen minutes for my doctor to call me back today, and then another thirty before he came to the room. He went over all my labs with me and agreed to the TRT protocol in the stickies. I asked for a copy of my labs on the way out and… what do you know?.. he had been discussing the previous labs the entire time and hadn’t even been going off of the labs we drew Monday. So the entire conversation was basically a waste of time. I got more help and info from you in five minutes on here for free than my freaking doctor! You do a very good and noble service helping guys like us out.

Any advice on what number you think I should shoot for as far as E2 goes? I know it varies per individual from what I read in the estradiol sticky, but I was wondering if you could give me a general idea. My doc will of course say that it is “in range.”

And I know the dosages that you started with on the Iodoral, but I believe you are just using a 6mg a week maintenance dose now. Would a 12.5mg a day regimen be an adequate place to start to see how it affects me, or will I probably not see a benefit unless I go higher?

I think it is better to take more iodine so you can notice trends in temperature and how you feel. If you go slow the changes in how you feel may be harder to pickup.

E2=22 has been the target for a long time. No reason to suggest otherwise. Watch for the over-responder thing.

Thank you, sir!

Thanks to both of you for a very enlightening thread; following with interest! Nothing much to add except that for small adex doses I’ve found it sorta works to crush pill entirely & divide the symmetrical pile of powder into 8 equal parts with a razor blade…or u can quarter first, then crush each & split pile in half…storing xtra pieces/powder folded in small squares of Al foil.
Liquid drops are still far more convenient obviously–but if you get via Rx covered by insurance it’s gonna be 1mg pills unless you have some great compounding pharmacy connection.

Thanks for the tip, Farrago. Doctor said he doesn’t want to start with Arimidex unless my estrogen gets out of control and I notice symptoms like man boobs. Yeah, I’d rather not wait until that happens. I’m trying to decide whether to get the generic 1mg anastrozole pills I can find online, or use aromasin. I know some guys don’t tolerate it well. Any preference/concerns, etc. from you guys?

Well this thing took a weird turn for me today. I had a CT scan done and apparently I only have one kidney. He wants to do a scope on a spot behind my bladder that he thinks is my second underdeveloped kidney. The left one is apparently enlarged, which he says is due to it developing that way in utero in order to compensate for the other one. I’m just shocked and weirded out. Have no idea how this affects things.

Now that you’re back KSMan, I was hoping you may have some thoughts on the AI and also any advice regarding the kidney issue.

Can’t help with kidney! Most have no issues with anastrozole and it is less costly per dose. I do not know what you are asking beyond what I stated earlier.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Can’t help with kidney! Most have no issues with anastrozole and it is less costly per dose. I do not know what you are asking beyond what I stated earlier.[/quote]

Nothing. Just wondered if you favored anastrazole over aromasin. And if you had any thoughts on the kidney. Thanks for your help in this thread.

I favor anastrozole because:

• it is more cost effective
  • works better than aromasin some times as sometimes aromasin does not get the job done.
  • less load of drugs at 1mg/week

Some [few?rare] do not tolerate anastrozole. For those that do, there does not seem to be any side effects when E2 is in a good range. The side effects when E2 is too low are simply the effects of that.

For those that have problems with anastrozole, the problem is mood and libido. Not all of us are wired the same way!

Just got my latest labs. Have a few questions for you guys.

Testosterone 612 (280-800)
Free T 13.7 (4.7-24.4)
Free T% 2.24
Bio Test 364 (130-680)
BAT% 59.5
Albumin 4.9 (3.5-5)
SHBG 26.90 (11-80)
Estradiol 33.6 (7.6-42.6)
FSH 0.09 (125-19.26) L
LH 0 (1.24-8.62) L
Prolactin 13.10 (2.64-13.13)
HGB 16.2 (12.5-17)
HCT 50.5% (36-50) H

TSH 2.190 (0.450-4.500)
Thyroxine (T4) 7.7 (4.5-12)
T3 Uptake 33 (24-39)
Free Thyroxine Index 2.5 (1.2-4.9)
Reverse T3 18.2 (9.2-24.1)

Glucose 86 (70-105)
BUN 24 (9-20) H
Creatinine 1.2 (0.7-1.3)
NA - Sodium 143 (136-145)
K - Potassium 4.9 (3.5-5.1)
CL - Chloride (103 (98-111)
CO2 - 29 (22-33)
Calcium 9.9 (8.5-11)

Cholesterol 182 (0-200)
HDL 76 (29-89)
Trig 53 (0-250)
VLDL CALC 11 (5-40)
LDLC 95 (<130)

I’ve been on 100mg/wk with 250iu HCG 2x/wk and .25 Adex 2x/wk. If you’ve read this thread you know that I found out last winter that I was born with only one kidney. My BUN levels are high and have been for the past couple of years. I weigh 200lbs and eat 200-250 g of protein a day. I drink at least a gallon of water of day. Doc doesn’t seem worried about BUN levels, but I am always paranoid about kidney health.

My hematocrit was a little high. Do you all think I should donate blood every couple months?

E2 looks okay and that’s where it’s been the past few labs. Not sure about the prolactin number.

As far as the thyroid numbers, how do those look? I asked for a reverse T3, but not sure if that number is okay. I average a waking temperature of only about 96. Highest it ever really gets is mid-97s. I know about the iodine, and I actually have some Iodoral, but I found about the kidney right about the time I was about to start taking it. I was a little worried about supplementing that much iodine once I found out about the kidney.

I am not in a calorie deficit. I am not doing tons of cardio. I lift three days a week. I don’t see how it could be an issue of overtraining, adrenal fatigue, etc. So does anyone have advice on the body temps? KSMan? Iodoral okay with the kidney issue? Anything else stand out to you?

Lol take more iodine… Ya why not take 100 mg and blow the thyroid up lol

If you go to stop the thyroid madness and search rt3 conversion factor it will give you a spot to put ft3 and rt3 and give you your answer.

Less then 20 is a problem. From what I can see you have a problem but do it to make sure.

Look up Wilson’s temperature syndrome. He found that with a time released t3 supplement the rt3 problem would be fixed and in time the patient would be able to stop the meds.

Prolactin is high it could be for a few reasons but I would recommend an MRI on the pituitary or a retest at least.

E2 32 is not high I feel zero difference between e2 32 and E2 20 and I lowered mine without the use of drugs clean up your diet and support your liver. I used milk thistle seed drops and liver support pills

Why are we testing lh and fsh while on T?

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
Lol take more iodine… Ya why not take 100 mg and blow the thyroid up lol[/quote]

I don’t understand what you mean here. I have been told several times to supplement with Iodoral. I don’t take any right now.

Lol that was directed at ksman… I am the devils advocate of iodine :)… I have been asked to rethink my approach on the negative side of it so for now I will say nothing until I can find a better way to approach this subject.

Lets just say it isn’t for everyone

I would test

Tsh

Ft3

Ft4

Tgab

Tsi

And tpo before even going near the stuff…

50 mg is a shit load of iodine and 333 times the recommended daily dose

If someone were to supplement I might start with a much lower dose and keep a close eye on symptoms…

If h and h are on the high end why not donate blood?

People need the blood and it will make you feel better and be healthier :slight_smile:

A high protein diet can raise blood urea nitrogen and I would say your diet is high protein :slight_smile:

My uncle was born with one kidney and never has had any health issues bro the stress on the other hand can’t be good for the adrenals so maybe try some meditation and to practice breathing techniques. Don’t worry about your kidney bro be happy you have a healthy one… :slight_smile:

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
If h and h are on the high end why not donate blood?

People need the blood and it will make you feel better and be healthier :slight_smile:

A high protein diet can raise blood urea nitrogen and I would say your diet is high protein :slight_smile:

My uncle was born with one kidney and never has had any health issues bro the stress on the other hand can’t be good for the adrenals so maybe try some meditation and to practice breathing techniques. Don’t worry about your kidney bro be happy you have a healthy one… :slight_smile: [/quote]

Thank you, man. I definitely over stress about the kidney. It’s just that I was pretty deep into this passion of bodybuilding and actually about to go to the dark side right before finding out bout the kidney. It just threw me for a big ass loop. I have had to reevaluate a lot of my pursuits and goals. But you are right… there are plenty of people out there that are less fortunate than me.

I doubt my doc/insurance is going to run additional bloodwork since they just ran those labs for me. Do you know of a cheap place I can order the tests myself, and if so, what other tests would you get? I was told on another forum that my albumin and BUN/creatinine ratio indicate that I’m overhydrating. I drink at least a gallon of water a day and sometimes two and I always thought it was healthy for my kidneys, but maybe not?

I was also told that it could be an indicator that my progesterone was low. I can get more complete bloodwork, but I don’t know what all to get. The body temperature thing is weird. I feel great. I am more muscular, leaner, and getting stronger in the gym. Just want to stay healthy, man. Thanks for your help.

[quote]iw84aces wrote:
If you go to stop the thyroid madness and search rt3 conversion factor it will give you a spot to put ft3 and rt3 and give you your answer.

Less then 20 is a problem. From what I can see you have a problem but do it to make sure.

Look up Wilson’s temperature syndrome. He found that with a time released t3 supplement the rt3 problem would be fixed and in time the patient would be able to stop the meds.

Prolactin is high it could be for a few reasons but I would recommend an MRI on the pituitary or a retest at least.

E2 32 is not high I feel zero difference between e2 32 and E2 20 and I lowered mine without the use of drugs clean up your diet and support your liver. I used milk thistle seed drops and liver support pills

Why are we testing lh and fsh while on T?[/quote]

Did have an MRI and the pituitary is good. Other reasons for high prolactin? I don’t know why they tested LH and FSH. I knew those would be low.

Seems like I read some on Wilson’s and some thought it was bullshit. But I’ll look into it more. I even found a forum for it, but it wasn’t very current and nobody over there really helped out.

There is adrenal fatigue a book written by Lawrence Wilson

Then there is Wilson’s temperature syndrome

They are both not real diagnosis that you will find in medical text books.

Have you checked the adrenals?

Subclinical thyroid problems are quite common

In my opinion you should drink when your thirsty

If you have frequent thirst and urination this is a symptom.

Don’t drink to much water man. But defiantly stay hydrated

I have you the thyroid labs

Next would be adrenals

C peptide

Rt3<<<< low body temps

Insulin

Cortisol

ACTH

Fasting glucose

A1c

These tests should be done at 8 am as cortisol is highest in the morning.

The fact that he tested rt3 and not t3 or ft3 really leaves you blind man. You need at least one of them to do the calculation.

Ast alt would be good to know

Progesterone pregnonalone dhea-s

E2

With one kidney can’t see anyone giving you troubles checking something new :slight_smile: positive

U can order labs from lef.org but the sale is over, at the same time they do have a male ultra sensitive e2 test

Low body temps can be from more then just ID the fact that this is the only focus here is bogus.

Heavy metals such as murcury poisoning would also cause low body temps

Auto immune diseases would also play a part.

I’m sure there is more then this… I am researching this so give me some time