T Nation

TRT and Paranoia, Jealousy and Intrusive Thoughts

Hi

I started trt 7 months ago 0.5 mg of t cyp a week and 1mg of arimidex, after my free test results came back low and I had low T symptoms caused by irresponsible aas use. My temperature was fine and thyroid levels, I also tried antidepressants which did not work. At first it was fine fatigue and depression lifted and I was competitive again, however after around 4 months I started to experience suicidal ideation, paranoia and jealousy. I had my bloods done as it came back t at 40 range 12 to 31 and E at 50, so I reduced T to 0.4 a week but still I am having intrusive thoughts and jealousy but less than when on 0.5. I have now come off completely just so the intrusive thoughts stop but has anyone got any advice on a protocol that might work without the symptoms?

You need to include lab ranges, a range of 40 is meaningless without lab ranges as every labs has it’s own ranges. Your dosage is all wrong, you have mgs and volume of medicine, ei. 100mg .8 ml would be 80mg. You would do well with injections twice weekly, as this keeps you levels more stable and avoids the peaks and valleys when you T-levels start dropping 5-8 days after injection. It sounds like your estrogen levels got a bit high and was probably why you were feeling horrible.

A lot of us who never had anxiety before have experience it with high or low E2, it’s important that you find a doctor that will properly monitor your blood levels so you don’t have problems. Once you’re dialed in TRT can help you more easily manage your emotional symptoms, the first couple of months can be difficult but it’s important to hang in there because it gets easier.

Apologies 0.5 ml and then reduced to 0.4 ml a week and it was 250 mg per ml. The lab range for T was 13 to 31 and mine was 40 on 0.5ml a week.

Unfortunately the UK gps will only px antidepressants and discount low T, so I had to self treat.

I will try twice weekly injecting and does sub q help? Many thanks for your advice

We need ranges for your labs, otherwise those numbers mean nothing. Is your free testosterone high/low? Estrogen, high or low? I know when I had my free testosterone in the dirt, it gave me these intrusive negative thoughts.

Hi before I started trt these were my labs: THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 1.2 mIU/L 0.27 - 4.20
FREE THYROXINE 19.22 pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00
FOLLICLE STIM. HORMONE 2.65 IU/L 1.50 - 12.40
TESTOSTERONE 15.84 nmol/L 7.60 - 31.40
FREE-TESTOSTERONE(CALCULATED)*0.249 nmol/L 0.30 - 1.00
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOB 51.7 nmol/L 16.00 - 55.00
17-BETA OESTRADIOL 98.18 pmol/L 0.00 - 191.99
LUTEINISING HORMONE 6.03 IU/L 1.70 - 8.60
CORTISOL 360.900 nmol/l 13

After trt for a few months my total T went to 40 and E was 50 free T was 2.00.

Ok so im still a little confused. But from what I can see, you are in the high range for free testosterone and total test? Estrogen has definitely increased. What caught my eye though was your SHBG, its fairly high, I have the same issue. High shbg can lower free testosterone, but it looks like those aren’t an issue. But your estrogen almost doubled, correct? Those symptoms could be related to high E2.

Hi apologies to clarify my free and total T more than doubled and my E halved whilst on TRT, so I was thinking that the symptoms are from high T?

Why don’t you just pump the brakes a little, bring your free test and total test into normal ranges and then see how you feel. You might just be all jacked up from such high free test. When you say Jealousy, you mean as far as a relationship with another, all I can say regarding that is, that when I was younger and my free test was obviously higher, I had more instances of jealousy. For what its worth.

I’m certain you’re experiencing all these symptoms from sky high T levels, I felt extremely anxious when I was above the range, BP and BPM were incredibly high. I’m all for starting out low and working my way upwards rather than dealing with elevated E2.

This is extremely relevant for me. When I first started I injected 50mg sq like recommended, and I was on a roller coaster of anxiety and high BP. It was just too much, I ended up on 40mg a week. That low, for a few months, gradually I went up to 50, then I went up to 70 and now im at 80 a week. For me, 20 hours after I inject my BP increases. Im on meds now, so its not as bad, but it still does go up when my testosterone is peaking. It can get into the 140-150 range diastolic. So I definitely believe that too much test can cause anxiety and general feeling of being jacked up.